[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Firecucks on a suicide watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.png (48 KB, 689x542) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
48 KB, 689x542
>Firecucks on a suicide watch
>>
File: patrick.jpg (7 KB, 169x124) Image search: [Google]
patrick.jpg
7 KB, 169x124
>>54355691
I'm surprised safari is only 5% seeing as how many people use it, shouldn't it be at the same rate as IE?
>>
>>54355728
>many people use it
literally who, the people at your hipster start-up?
>>
>>54355728
Apple only has ~10% of the market share. If every Mac user used Safari you'd see tops 10% but even half of those users have Chrome
>>
>>54355755
Uni students.
>>
>>54355691
>firefox userbase stagnate
>on suicide watch
sure thing
>>
>>54355691
lol I use both

what am I?
>>
>>54355855
inefficient
>>
>>54355849
>stagnate

Nice meme. It's been TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN for five years now.
>>
>>54355691

ITT: Botnet drones promoting its host.
>>
>>54355691
If anything this shows chrome is the new internet explore. market share doesn't determine how good a browser is
>>
Chrome user here. What was Firefox like?
>>
>>54356308
slower than chrome but you can actually customize the UI worth a shit
>>
>>54356322
>slower
300 tabs here and opens without any problem
>>
Oh man, I better use the same browser as all those 1337 cool kids or else I'll be a luser.
Go fuck yourself OP.
>>
>>54356330
same here

I've never understood the firefox hate
>inb4 hurr SJeWs
>>
>the idiots that used microsofts shitty browser are now switching to googles shitty browser
>firefox userbase stable

i see nothing wrong with this, let the idiots be idiots.
>>
>>54356537
>firefox userbase stable

This is what Furryfags actually believe.
>>
>>54356330
The issue is usually with UI slowdown when somebody's retard JS site locks the single thread. I mainly use Firefox but I have some work automation using userscripts that I can't run in FF because it slows the entire browser with more than 10 tabs running at once. Chrome will handle 25-50
>>
>>54355728
>OSX has 5% global marketshare
>Safari being OSX-only
>its marketshare somehow should be near the default browser of a 90%-OS
are you seriously dense?
>>
>>54355849
>30% to 10% in five years
>stagnate
ayy
>>
Pale moon is cool
>>
dont forget mozilla was inportant to prevent microsoft from cornering the market and dictating technology
>>
>>54357352
>not taking into consideration the increased userbase
>making assumption based on that false implication
it does stagnate. but you know what? what if it doesn't? huh? what then? you will feel better or what?
>implying userbase equals quality
>>
Opera AND Vivaldi
Are the ones I use. Started using vivaldi exclusively after 1.0
>>
>>54357626
well vivaldi is not mainstream so it must be shit too
>>
File: serious.png (51 KB, 344x517) Image search: [Google]
serious.png
51 KB, 344x517
Who cares how many people use a browser as long as it works and does what I want it to do?

Fucking /g/ autists.
>>
>>54355691
I love firefox. I don't want to use anything else. However, I can't in good faith claim that firefox hasn't gotten a whole lot shittier over the last few years. Sure, chrome is also shitty, but for different reasons. Instead of trying to retain the power users, the people who like to tinker with their browser etc, mozilla decided to turn firefox into a slightly shittier version of chrome. Then they wonder why people don't want to use it. It's just so sad.
>>
>>54357622
>not taking into consideration the increased userbase

So you're saying that the number of people using the internet has tripled in the past five years?

Retard.
>>
>>54357904
>+20% = triple
I rest my case
>>
>>54355691
i find chrome just works

Firefox is broken on youtube atm loads mobile videos on desktop for no reason
>>
>>54357645
i dunno mayne back in the old days people would just use IE and whatever meme browser was popular at the time.

Nothing has really changed.
>>
>>54357904
Great strawman.
>>
Anyone else notice that the graph and the data show different trends and graph doesn't use the data.....
>>
Does this include default chrome on android, which would explain a significant increase in chrome usage.
>>
>>54355691
Wouldn't the Chrome numbers include Edge? Because iirc, Edge sends a Chrome User-Agent.
>>
>>54358162
Seriously. How many people out there actually look for a new browser on their mobile device? If it wasn't for me, there's a few people I could think of that would have never thought of it and even fewer that would actually switch. It's only because my wife saw how I was browsing that she wanted to switch to FF mobile. Chrome mobile sucks.
>>
>>54358276
It does? lol
>>
>>54356853
So fewer dumb people who fell for the le chrome meme on FF? cool
>>
Soon™: https://servo.org/
>>
>>54356853
You are quite literally retarded.
>>
>>54357402
>nonfree software is cool
>>
File: 59f5bb8c3a65c358.gif (2 MB, 744x430) Image search: [Google]
59f5bb8c3a65c358.gif
2 MB, 744x430
>>54355691
Germany is still strong
>>
>>54357645
Let them shitpost about it if it helps them survive another day.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.