[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USB over ethernet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: diagram01.png (98 KB, 1596x1034) Image search: [Google]
diagram01.png
98 KB, 1596x1034
Hi guys. I'm working on a stage setup for a band and one of the things they want is for all of their computers to be off stage but still be controlled by USB devices.

I'm looking at the USB over ethernet devices.

Has anyone used them? Are they solid?
How would they cope with with the usb switch changing the connected computer?
Would the USB monitors work?
Any chances of dropped/delayed information from devices?

Any alternatives?

Cheers for any help
>>
Also I know about active USB cables but I'm skeptical about their quality and ability to replace a broken one while on the road.
>>
>>54355572
The real question is what are they controlling it with?
>>
>>54357406

One direction
USB controller > Ableton
USB Keyboard > Logic

Other direction
Ableton > USB monitor
Ableton > MIDI adaptor
Logic > USB monitor

Or do you mean the specific controllers?

The USB controller is a novation launchpad
The USB keyboard is a Roland A-49

I've done the exact same set up over a short distance and it worked fine. I'm just not sure about how stable usb over CAT5 is. It has to be rock solid.
>>
>>54355572
>>>/g/sqt/ :^)
>>
>>54357792
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>54355572
I've had a device that let you use a Ethernet cable to extend a USB device. I tried it with a 3foot Ethernet cable and it seemed to work with most devices (real time things like cameras or Bluetooth adapters may be hit or miss) and it also needed a power source at the receiving end and could not be used on a network(must have a dedicated cable). I didn't need it so I sold it. They go for about 50$ last I recall.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.