[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Finnish company promises to train asylum seekers into pr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: pepe muslim.png (177 KB, 933x527) Image search: [Google]
pepe muslim.png
177 KB, 933x527
>Finnish company promises to train asylum seekers into programmers in 6 months

>Learning programming in such a short period of time seems like a major challenge. According to Lahti you can learn to program within 6 months, if you fill the requirements and you work eight hours a day.

Original article in Finnish: http://www.hs.fi/talous/a1461983211887

What do you think /g/? Do they stand a chance to learn the skills required in a work environment within 6 months? When I started out with my computer science degree in the university, the attrition rate for the first math & programming courses was about 50-60%.
>>
>>54353795
They can learn to program, but then that doesn't mean they'll be good programmers. Just like learning how to paint doesn't suddenly make you Leonardo de Vinci.

Considering their goal is to make people ready for the market, obviously that'll go wrong.
>>
>>54353795
6 months to become a code monkey? i can see it happening
>>
File: 1446053066190.png (3 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1446053066190.png
3 MB, 1680x1050
Instead of Prajeets we will have Abduls and Mohammeds
>>
Here in the Netherlands they wanted to train 300 asylum seekers with a university degree.
And of those 300 with an university degree only 8 passes the basic math and english test to be able to participate with the program.
>>
>>54353795
I think it's important that we save valuable white minds from the pointless monotony of "software engineering" at any cost

The amount of useful engineers being lost to making yet another text editor/mail reader/etc for OS X or "yet another whatever but actually a web page" is saddening

Aryan brains matter
Bloated commercial software shit out by career programmers doesn't
t. uriel
>>
>>54353855
>6 months to become a code monkey?
Dubs guy gets it.

You don't need a computer science degree to do code monkey programming.
>>
>>54353795
> Do they stand a chance
Yes. However, they're going to become code monkeys w/minimum wage. Still better than being on a welfare, huh?
>>
>>54353912
>implying there's a difference
>>
>>54354379

This. They won't be able to design and program a complex application. They won't be able to even bugfix a program. They will just shit all over programs, making performance and security holes.

But it's better than having no skills.
>>
>>54354217
Fuck you Dutch cucks.
>>
>>54353836
Don't need to be a genius to be a code monkey.
>>
>>54353795
>>54354217
I wonder who is behind these programs?
>>
>>54354597
You know what would be even better? Telling Merkel and her refugee quotas to fuck off and not wasting time and money on this while rich Arab countries like UAE don't give a single fuck about the whole refugee thing.
>>
>>54354716
Yup. But that's not going to happen until elections.
Anyway, waiting for a new Hitler.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.