[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
>Microsoft surprised the world last month when it filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Justice, alleging that the frequent practice of attaching gag orders to search warrants for customer data violates the U.S. Constitution.

>On Monday, CEO Satya Nadella told a group of tech luminaries why the company did so: Microsoft has a strong view on its privacy promises to users, and the company will fight to prevent government overreach that, in its view, compromises the principles of privacy.

>Governments have a compelling need to help preserve public safety, but Microsoft wants to make sure that users' privacy is also preserved, Nadella said.

>"We are hoping that there is a new framework of law that allows, in fact, our government in the United States to get the right balance between privacy and public safety," Nadella said during an interview at the Technology Alliance's annual State of Technology luncheon in Seattle, monitored via webcast. "The onus is on the United States to get that right, because we are, after all, the beacon that everyone else will look to. If we get it right, every other democracy will look to us as a model."

>To that end, he and Microsoft President Brad Smith have called on governments to work together on rules that can cement both privacy protections and governments' ability to keep citizens safe.

>What remains to be seen is how well that push will work out. Governments around the world are wrestling with how to deal with encrypted systems that prevent anyone, even the companies that created the system in the first place, from getting access to data inside.

https://archive.is/1mxgZ
>>
>>54352653
why are microsoft and apple so based?
how come when the government says bend over, google is the only one who says "where do you want to put it?"
>>
File: 1461899670455.gif (58 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
1461899670455.gif
58 KB, 287x344
>>
Wow! I love how Apple and Microsoft fight for our freedom and our privacy, at absolutely no benefit to them what so ever!
I am now #MicrosoftMissle
>>
>>54352687
>.gif
>it doesn't move
>>
>>54352653
Has Stallman ever sued the government?

No?

Nadella has done more to protect privacy than stallman
>>
File: mad laugh pepe.jpg (6 KB, 206x196) Image search: [Google]
mad laugh pepe.jpg
6 KB, 206x196
>>54352751
>>
File: 1380868109009.png (399 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
1380868109009.png
399 KB, 500x651
>>54352665
>why are microsoft and apple so based?

they're not, it's all just an act. The NSA has been Microsoft bum burglar since at least Win98, and Microsoft has always loved to bend over. They just want us to trust them.
>>
>>54352653
Anyone here actually believes this is NOT a pr stunt to try to get on the public's good view due to apple's recent stint with the FBI?
>>
>>54352717
>I am now #MicrosoftMisled
ftfy
>>
>>54352751
>>54352807
kys tripfag and stop samefagging
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.