[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Youtube's new "less content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: youtube_material_redesign.png (2 MB, 2492x1655) Image search: [Google]
youtube_material_redesign.png
2 MB, 2492x1655
What do you guys think of Youtube's new "less content bigger buttons for no fucking reason" redesign?
>>
>>54351332
I don't give shit honestly. When I go to Jewtube, I look for specific videos, watch them and then get out.
>>
>>54351354
this
>>
>>54351332
I don't care. I only use youtube to search for videos. And I could probably do that using a generic search engine.

I don't use/make comments on videos. I don't use their video player (I either download the video or stream it to my local mediaplayer). I don't allow their scripts to run in my web browser.

They can do anything they want to the look and functionality of the site. I couldn't care less.
>>
>>54351332
looks like they're spiffing it up for touchscreen users since laptops with touch panels are the newest meme.
>>
>>54351332
>2016
>using YouTube
>>
>>54351532
Pretty much this

In case you somehow haven't been enlightened yet: youtube-dl
>>
>>54351532
this
as long as youtube-dl still works I don't care
>>
Why do you even look at the reccomendations? Personally i hid them
>>
>>54351354
Get in.

Unload.

Get out.
>>
>>54351332
Not like those buttons every recommended interesting content, usually just shilled ads and trailers.

I wish they didn't hide subbed content so much
>>
Pretty lame, but also easily fixable with CSS and zooming out the page.

>>54352066
Because sometimes it'll give me something good. I just fucking wish I could blacklist anything with "top 10 ____" or "___ facts" in the name.
>>
>>54352512
you could probs do that.

Anyway, "browsing" youtube is sort of a waste since the systems rigged and fucked to promote the top players instead of providing a fair ground for content developement. Which is sort of a shame, its easy to just blame google for gutting youtube but really it was the audience who did
>>
>>54351332
Sounds like every modern website to me. Fucking hate the trend. What do you call the shit where you have to endlessly scroll downwards through different "tiled" sections? That shit's the worst.
>>
On the subject of youtube, what would have happened if they didnt sell out in 2006?
>>
>>54352554
Pretty sure that's just "infinite scroll" as opposed to pagination. Youtube is fucking retarded for that. The only site that I've ever seen handle infinite scrolling properly is Thingiverse. They deload the data above so that you don't eat tons of RAM and they update the URL so that you can navigate back if you open something in the same window
>>
>>54352628

Another site would have replaced it
>>
>>54352980
Get more ram I want to be able to search the entire page.
>>
>>54357751
Then use the search, fgt. I have enough RAM for sites that aren't retarded
>>
>>54351332
there are only a few buttons I use:
-Liked vids
-History
-Subs
and this update doesn't have any major effect on them so it's ok for me
>>
>>54351332
It's nice that they aren't designing the sidebar for 1366x768 meme resolution.
>>
>>54351532
Mps-yt for search
>>
>>54351332
>being mad about improvements because you don't like change
shut the fuck up OP
>>
>>54352512
>I just fucking wish I could blacklist anything with "top 10 ____" or "___ facts" in the name.
You can blacklist anything with Youtube+
>>
>>54357965
If it unloads the stuff as you scroll you can't find it with ctrl f
>>
>>54351332
I still have the old style because im using a dark theme via stylish.
>>
>>54351532
>I don't care. I only use youtube to search for videos. And I could probably do that using a generic search engine.
>I don't use/make comments on videos.
That seems reasonab--

> I don't use their video player (I either download the video or stream it to my local mediaplayer). I don't allow their scripts to run in my web browser.
Oh God people like you still exist in 2016? Holy shit.
>>
>>54359662
Not him but I don't see the problem?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.