[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>3 years ago >building my first pc >trying to decide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1461304595693.jpg (9 KB, 185x273) Image search: [Google]
1461304595693.jpg
9 KB, 185x273
>3 years ago
>building my first pc
>trying to decide between fx8320 and i5 2500
>/g/ tells me to avoid AMD processors because horrible ipc
>get the i5 2500
>mfw the fx8320 smashes the i5 in multithread performance
>mfw the fx could have given me i7 tier performance even though it was the cheaper option
>mfw the only game I even play anymore is the heavily multithreaded battlefield 4 where the fx destroys almost any Intel chip

Fuck you /g/ and fuck Intel.
If I'd bought the fx I wouldn't have even needed to upgrade for another 3 years at least. I'm switching up to zen as soon as its out.
>>
>>54347985
if your shit isn't multithreaded. its why people can report having fantastic multi tasking ability on an fx, but in any benchmark it almost never shows it.
>>
>>54348361
Bf4? Crisis 3?

They're both pretty well threaded and it puts the fx in the same league of performance as an i7 iirc.
>>
Yeah it sucks when your use-case ends up being much narrower than you thought and you realise you could have made better hardware decisions.

On the other hand while newer releases seem to bring benefits to my aging FX processor I mostly play ARMA III and emulators which an Intel chip would have been much better for.
>>
>>54347985
the i5-2500 is still superior in almost every other use case scenario. tl;dr you cucked yourself, buddy.
>>
>>54348705
You bought an fx?
>>
>>54347985
It would have been the right choice at the time as then and there the i5 was performing far better. Some were saying that the future was multithreaded but they got shouted down by the rest of /g/.

Next time do your own research and think a little more about what might happen in the future.
>>
File: GDyOS.png (224 KB, 778x960) Image search: [Google]
GDyOS.png
224 KB, 778x960
>>54347985
>whines about the decision he made
>doesn't value single-threaded performance

Fuck you OP. Good luck with AMD - they're a shit company and they put out a shit product. AMD desktop motherboards are second-rate too.

Intel probably saved you $60 in electricity costs over the 3 years you've owned your PC, and now you'll repay them by going to AMD.
>>
>>54347985
Should have settled on the fx6300 And saved some money.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.