[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
free domains and hosting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: get-a-free-Domain-Name.jpg (47 KB, 1200x741) Image search: [Google]
get-a-free-Domain-Name.jpg
47 KB, 1200x741
Is it possible to get a free website domains and hosting? (I mean FREE)

What are the best?
>>
also is this one legitimate:

https://googiehost.com/
>>
>>54346158
weebly for hosting .tk for the domain
>>
There's plenty of places you can free hosting, some will allownphp hosting as well. You won't ever get free domains though unless its something shitty like a .tk or a subdomain
>>
>>54346202
>>54346243
im fine with '.tk'. Its mostly for testing and showing people.

what hosting free allows php? what would be great! does webly allow for php?
>>
this belongs in the stupid/small questions thread
>>
File: 1417371395923.jpg (144 KB, 654x867) Image search: [Google]
1417371395923.jpg
144 KB, 654x867
>>54346336
im really just looking for expert suggestions, not really if they exist or not. I should have phrased it differently.
>>
>>54346368
read the sticky
>>
>>54346386
been there

nothing on what im ask.
>>
>>54346409
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>54346319
000webhost has free SQL and PHP
>>
>>54346158
> Not being able to afford 20$/yr for a domain.

Poor fag get out
>>
no you jew, now pay up to the jews
>>
why would anyone, and i mean any person on earth would give you shit for free?

are you a bernie bro?
>>
How about just free domain names?
>>
>>54347202
duckdns.org is free for up to 5 domains
>>
>>54346319
compiling nginx and php yourself is free, faggot.
>>
>>54347202
freenom offer .tk, .ml, .ga, .cf and gq for free. There are some premium domains, but you should be able to find something you like.
>>
>>54346158
Why not host it on your own and just use an IP instead of a domain name if it's for showing people?
>>
>>54346158
>>54347202
Why don't you just cough up the fucking $5/month for Digitalocean you pennypinching faggot?
>>
Get a $15/y vps.
>>
>>54346319
I'm pretty sure Heroku supports PHP, and it's easy to set up. You just get a subdomain though, like YourSite.herokuapp.com I think.
>>
You fucking idiots, OP meant free as in freedom.
>>
>>54349521
>You fucking idiots, OP meant free as in freedom.

Then you'd have to find an abandoned bunker and set up your servers there somehow.

That way they won't get taken down and you can post whatever shit you like, with infinite freedom.
>>
>>54346444
lay off retard, let the guy ask. don't like the thread just fuck off.
>>
>legit (real) free domains actually exist
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WTF how does that even work?
>>
>>54349708
>>>/reddit/
>>
Want to get into web dev just for some personal sites. When you guys say these free ones support PHP, is it limited to PHP? Can you run non-PHP web backend software like node.js?
>>
GitHub for free webhosting.

Make your sick node.js webapp compile to static html.

For the domain, pretend to be a teenager, walk into a hackathon, walk away with 70 free domain cards.
>>
>>54349457
Any recommendations?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.