[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Text from "Unknown" Number
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: giffgaff1.png (78 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
giffgaff1.png
78 KB, 400x400
Not sure if I can post this here so I've also added it to /wsr/

I keep getting texts from someone and no number is listed it just comes up with "unknown" there to personal to be some kinda spam bot from casually throwing my number about on some online promotion or whatever and if I try to ring it cuts out straight away like it just doesn't ring. I know there are apps which you can use to text from and it will hide your number, has anyone ever encountered this or know how to find out where the texts are coming from? Any help would be appreciated. Have also consider going to police but wanted to get a bit of information first.

Pic related I'm with Giffgaff
>>
>>54345062
Get a call blocker or whitelist.
>>
>>54345193
Do any of those require me to know the number?

I'd wish I'd not deleted the messages so I could screen cap. If I get a text from a number I haven't saved then the number just appears where the name would be. However it just comes up with Unknown
>>
Every time they text you does it go under the same unknown? Or does ot create a new conversation each time? If its the first one, just add it to spam numbers
>>
>>54345495
Always starts a new conversation
>>
Call giffgaff and give them the details. If giffgaff even take calls at this point. They'll have to take it up with O2, who in turn will have to take it up with whichever carrier is passing them the messages. Messages with an invalid or unresponsive source aren't difficult to do, OFCOM shits over call centres that do it on a regular basis. It's just a case of finding a carrier willing to take your garbage traffic.

Though it's unlikely that'll solve the problem. Even if they presented a contactable number, they probably wouldn't answer and could just change it at will. The aforementioned whitelist is what you're looking for - the idea is that you restrict messages to only those people listed in your contacts.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.