[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does /g/ get the motivation to program, besides money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 0001.png (16 KB, 367x768) Image search: [Google]
0001.png
16 KB, 367x768
how does /g/ get the motivation to program, besides money?
>>
>>54342985
It's fun. Money isn't a motivation.
>>
Same motivation that drives a lot of people to do shit.

Most programmers enjoy tackling problems and creating shit.

Once you do it as a job, it can be a little soul sucking depending on the environment you're developing in, but it's still enjoyable.
>>
File: 1453335356719.jpg (229 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
1453335356719.jpg
229 KB, 630x420
I don't program.
>>
It's fun to create things, solve problems, and see your ideas come to fruition.
>>
>>54343001
this, it's fun.
If you're doing it purely for the money then you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>54342985
I'm lazy
If I find a problem on my computer that takes less effort to do by programming than by hand I will make a program
>>
The immense desire to make the school computers repeat 'penis' indefinitely.
>>
Because in some future, i want to, people be free from cellphones,socialmedias, post everithing, live your life in the real world and not in the social medias.
>>
even money barely motivates me
>>
>>54342985
Interest, I guess. I like to create things. I love to program things that give me visual or acoustic output. When I started off I programmed a program to browse the mandelbrot set. When I can look at it or hear it it's really where the magic starts for me. Also I like fiddly stuff, where every detail matters so you can't bullshit your way around by using some precompiled stuff or libraries or whatnot. That is super boring to me, I like to do things from the scratch so I can claim to have actually understood everything I just did. Also figuring the algebra out before is super fun to me. Then optimizing the whole code and watching how the computation time slowly melts second by second. It's one of the most exciting things to me.

So, bottom line is: Find something you love about programming and do that. If you have no interest in programming you should probably try to avoid it in your life.
>>
>>54342985
the love of the project
>>
File: elements.gif (6 KB, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
elements.gif
6 KB, 50x50
>>54342985

I'm a lazy fuck and pretty smart.
I tried out various sciences (math/physics/..) and found them interesting, but also quite bothersome and sometimes boring. I don't like boring stuff.

So I learned programming and get good bucks with good working hours, and many programmers are also smart or at least interesting people.

Programming is a good thing to do if you don't know what to do with your life, if you know what I'm saying..
>>
>>54342985
suicide prevention by getting positive feedback and appreciation for the work on my open source projects
>>
>>54343216
Anon, pls. I am in the middle of a class and almost laughed loudly.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.