[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COMPUTER SCI MAJOR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 64739592.png (132 KB, 629x285) Image search: [Google]
64739592.png
132 KB, 629x285
I don't visit this board ever so idk but

Are any of you guys comp sci majors?

Is it good/worth doing/hard etc

Help me sort out of life /g/
>>
>>54338789
Getting the paper will help you get more opportunities, but you will have to master an up-to-date set of skills that you need as a <insert your dreamjob> to actually be of any use. Don't study computer science unless you really are fascinated by computers and how they work. Also be prepared for a fuckton of maths.
>>
>>54338863
I like computers, I don't love them idk
I'm fascinated by artificial life etc which you learn about partially through the degree, and I wanna get better at coding because that fascinates me
I love tech culture? Idk
I'm actually worried it will be too hard for me and I just don't wanna fuck up my life
>>
>>54338863
Comp Sci can have a lot of math but outside of the first year or so it doesn't necessarily have to unless you're doing a lot with graphics
>>
>>54338964
That's comforting haha
I'm not bad at math but I'm not one of those really mathy people
>>
My first year was okay. Went in with very little to no knowledge and came out with C, C++, Java, and Python experience plus a basic understanding of data structures.

I hear 2nd year is when your shit gets pushed in real good though since it delves deeper into data structures.
>>
>>54338789
enjoy having your job stolen by pajeet
or enjoy wasting away in the back of a cubicle for a few years , slowly dieing inside, making less than15k a year for a few years, then pajeet will steal your job.
>>
>>54338789
>never visit board
>are u guise compsci
>is it hard
>is it good

Kek @ all of you getting baited
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.