[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know those scammers that call you and tell you that your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 4WY5o.gif (16 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
4WY5o.gif
16 KB, 125x125
You know those scammers that call you and tell you that your computer has a virus and they want you to go to a particular website and download their shit to fix the problem (which is actually a virus)?

I think I may have just defeated one of them in the most brilliant way possible.

>Get call from obvious scammer.
>Act like I know nothing.
>Pretend I'm following his directions to the malware site.
>Tell him I went there, but nothing is happening.
>He seems confused and wonders why his scheme is not working.
>I suggest a solution. I tell him that I downloaded a program called Echo that I use for streaming videos and that Microsoft released an update a while back to block people from receiving streams unless they change some settings and turn Echo Off in order to prevent streaming of pirated content.
>I tell him to do some shit that you should all know too well, which culminated in me telling him to delete System32 that was the directory for the block on the Echo software.
>He does it.
>Curses at me.
>Tells me he's going to rape my mother.
>Tells me he's going to find me and murder me.
>Shouts what I can only assume are profanities in whatever language he natively speaks.
>Hangs up.

Flawless victory.
>>
File: sides.png (86 KB, 268x309) Image search: [Google]
sides.png
86 KB, 268x309
>>54337341
>>
I take "shit that never happened" for 100
>>
>>54337341
What a dumb story, it's not funny and it's not even remotely believable.

Those indian scammers are pressured to call as many marks as possible and they certainly wouldn't waste time trying to install some software provided by the mark they're trying to scam.
>>
File: 44059-are-you-a-wizard-Ls0H.jpg (220 KB, 580x703) Image search: [Google]
44059-are-you-a-wizard-Ls0H.jpg
220 KB, 580x703
>>54337341
Even if not true, noted for future use.
>>
>>54337396
Don't be so sure, my boss had one add *.teamviewer.com 127.0.0.1 to hosts while trying to "help" Rajesh get around our "firewall"; If they were smart enough to know what the fuck they are talking about, they would be working a support line for the west. In my own experiences it's the dumbest of dead shits on these lines.
>>
I want this to be true
>>
Correct me if i am wrong but I think you need to have some sort of system previliges, (not the admin account previlige) to delete system32.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.