[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fucking Dock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: next.jpg (755 KB, 1566x1175) Image search: [Google]
next.jpg
755 KB, 1566x1175
OSX users, or users of inspired-by-OSX-DE, do you hide the damn Dock? To me the Dock was good when it was like in the NeXT OS. Fixed, stacked, whatever. So?
>>
>>54336093
The Dock is fine, I rarely hide it, only in some special cases when i like to put a video in the lower right corner, so the dock doesnt obscure it. Other than that I prefer it being there. Mine is set to not do the magnification effect, and the dock itself is a rather small.
>>
>>54336185
I find the default OSX dock bloated and huge (full of apps nobody uses). But once reduced, its better.
>>
>>54336254
Forgot pic.
>>
I keep it hidden for that extra bit of desktop space. It comes into view instantly, and you develop a muscle memory of sorts for finding your applications quickly.
>>
i hide it in KDE
on OSX though i just leave it. not sure why though
>>
>>54336521
this is how it should look like.
>>
that looks so comfy...
>>
>>54336664
I keep switching between both. I had to tweak it with a tool to make it pop up faster tho
>>
>>54336093
Nextstep was the best, I used Mathematica on it in the 1990s on a cube.
>>
I used to hide it, but now I keep it up because I have enough room and I like to see badges when an application has to alert me for something.
>>
I made it as small as can be and tucked it away hidden on a monitor I only use for watching TV and movies so I never accidentally bring it up. It can't be totally disabled and I don't use it at all so I just forget about it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.