[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know of something i can plug into my micro usb port on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 51065242_614.jpg (18 KB, 614x461) Image search: [Google]
51065242_614.jpg
18 KB, 614x461
Anyone know of something i can plug into my micro usb port on my phone that just has a female micro usb port on the other end?

I am afraid of wearing out my port on my phone, have had it for 2 years (lg g2) and it has been amazing and still holds its own against most of the flagships out there currently and really want it to last much longer.

I have plugged and unplugged so much shit in there in the 700 days or so ive had it im surprised it has lasted this long.

Im just looking for basically an extender i can leave in there permanently to take the stress off of the port and just plug shit into the female on the extender. Want it to ideally be super short (no cord or anything) just barely stick out of the bottom.

Hope this makes sense. Kind of want something like pic related but much shorter/smaller if that is possible.actually pic related is exactly what i want just much shorter so i dont risk breaking it off taking phone in and out of my pocket.

Thanks /g/uys
>>
>>54335441
You realize why this is dumb, right? The wear and tear you'll add from an extender like that will do far more damage than just plugging and unplugging your phone.

Look for a znaps knockoff.
>>
>>54335657

That's why I'm looking for something low profile so I don't get that wear and tear. Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough.
>>
Actually now that I look into that scene znaps it looks like a really cool idea. I wonder if it actually works as well as it is advertised. Thx bro
>>
No prob. I'm on the Kickstarter but they're taking their sweet time delivering. It was supposed to ship before Christmas. I'm glad I got a couple of the USB C's, since I switched phones.
>>
Check out those magnetic inserts you can get on Ali express.
>>
>>54335904
What's the difference between that and znap
>>
Get one of those extended batteries that has its own charging port
>>
File: 1434135758324.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1434135758324.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
A replacement usb port for the g2 is literally $10 on ebay
>>
>>54337014
on some phones they're a real pain in the ass to resolder
>>
>>54335932
Price
>>
>>54337081
Not really. Most phones give the usb port it's own logic board, so you just replace that. Also, on the off chance you have a phone where the usb port is soldered to the main logic board, 9/10 times its a USB 2 port, which is super easy to desolder and replace.
>>
Do none of you guys just get a new phone when it's time to re-up your contract?
>>
>>54337435
We are all poor.
That said I bought an iPhone 6s plus back in September and the thing should last me 5 years.
>>
>>54337492
>we are all poor

thats why when your contract is about to expire, you tell your carrier you're considering switching and they'll throw a flagship at you to keep you around. at least that's how it works over here in poorup.
>>
>>54335812

There ae knockoffs all over amazon.

Why buy the scamstarter version?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.