[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noctua D15 vs Corsair H100i v2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
I can't decide between these two. Yeah the Noctua is going to be quieter with similar performance but I'm running an SLI setup and like the idea of the CPU heat be isolated and removed from the case by the AIO. Thoughts?
>>
>>54335019
AIOs perform best with the rad mounted as an intake, so unless you're ok with cooling your CPU with warm air you're not really moving the heat out of the case anyway.

That said, while I don't have an SLI setup I do have basically the same cooler, and I can say that as long as your case has good ventilation it'll probably be fine either way
>>
>>54335019
Noctura is quiet as shit i have my case open all the time (Aus shits hot all the time)

oldass cooler from 2009 i got adapter plates for my NH-U12 is quiet and runs awesome

That said Water coolers are coming down in price.

Up to you i personally have always run air
>>
>>54335019
I'm a silencefag so I'll always take the aircoolers like Noctua that are powerful but quiet. AIO always worries me because of possible pump noise.

I'd always pick an air cooler over an AIO to be honest, even forgetting about noise. There's no need to worry about "isolation" because either way the heat from the CPU gets moved out the case instead of circulating. Also Noctua will always give you free conversion brackets for future sockets with proof of purchase so it's not only the GOAT but also a worthwhile investment.
>>
>>54335180
>Noctua will always give you free conversion brackets for future sockets with proof of purchase so it's not only the GOAT but also a worthwhile investment.
Fuck i dont have proof of purchase anymore
>>
>>54335366
Did you buy yours online by chance? Because you probably still have the invoice in your purchase history depending on the site. Most vendors consider that good.
>>
>>54335572
Not sure which site to be honest
>>
>>54335645
If you used gmail just search for noctua NH-D14 or whatever. You will get some ads probably, but you should be able to find your order.
>>
>>54335702
Ive already got the kit i bought it like 2 years back didnt know i could get it for free, wondering if they'll make a kit for the next gen cpus from inthell
>>
Noctua is matching or beating all but the biggest and most expensive AIOs

If you go AIO, just remember to cool your mobo too. Personally I think AIOs are cool, I have an H100i sitting on the floor next to me that I haven't installed, but I doubt it will significantly beat the L12 I have installed.
>>
>>54335019
D15 will give you best performance for the dollar, plus it's quieter and you'll never really have to worry about maintenance aside from dusting.

Get an AIO if you have a window on your case and want something to look at. If you do an aggressive OC then also make sure to keep an eye on your VRM temps.
>>
>>54335366
Doesn't matter. You can send them a photo of your cooler and they'll accept that. Noctua is fucking aces when it comes to customer support.

t. -anon who needed a conversion bracket for a cooler he bought used for 5 bucks
>>
None.
Get a Kraken X61.
>>
test
>>
>>54335019
>AIOs
>any year

The NH-D15 is the best air cooler on the market, but whether it's worth the premium is debatable. Unless you're running an overclocked 5960X or a 9590, you probably don't need one.
>>
the one with two fans looks like someone lost the sense of what big means.
>>
>>54335019
I have both in that picture lel
>>
>>54337309
oh mad i spent like $20 on a kit lol, was worth it.
>>
>>54337949
Ehhh. I have one, have had to RMA a fan and the pump has started developing a rattling noise. It does have excellent performance though, I'll give it that. Delidded 6700K @ 4.8GHz maxes at 50deg under oc.net 16T x264 load.
>>
>>54338405
>Delidded
Cant you brick it if you do it wrong?

Got out of the OC'ing game at least with CPU's and mobo/ram long ago, would rather have a PC that lasts.

GPU's on the other hand
>>
>>54338422
Yep, only if your're a heavy handed idiot though. Skylake doesn't have caps under the IHS so it isn't as dangerous as Haswell or Devil's Canyon, but you still need to do it slow and do it right.

Pop IHS with tool or Razer (NO VICE.), clean black adhesive and TIM off, paint thin layer of Liquid Ultra on die and IHS, thin line of black RTV silicone around edge of IHS to replace original adhesive, chuck em back together, in socket, secure.

Easy (but slow and patient). 20deg(ish) drop in temps with Skylake.
>>
File: untitled-4.png (69 KB, 615x821) Image search: [Google]
untitled-4.png
69 KB, 615x821
>>
>>54338586
>be yuropoor
>want to buy into the EVO-meme
>do research
apparently cooler master is selling special EU-versions of the 212 and 212x with fans which are 20% slower than the freedomland's version
I felt raped and maimed.
>>
>>54338691

The evo isn't as great as it used to be simply because there are now many other coolers of similar price that offer similar performance. It is pretty much by reputation that /g/ keeps suggesting the thing.
>>
The corsair h75 pump screwed me over. Stopped working after like 6 months, sold it off for a u12s, never looked back.
>>
File: image_1.png (26 KB, 861x758) Image search: [Google]
image_1.png
26 KB, 861x758
>>54335019
>le ebin brown fans
>>
>>54341232

D15 killer right here.
>>
>>54341268
That's a big heatsink
>>
>>54341280

Oh baby you don't know big.
>>
>>54341280
For you.
>>
>>54335057
Didn't Jays2cents(or awesomesauce) make a video on this and it made only a couple degrees of difference?
>>
>>54335057
If you exhaust the radiator through the top, it makes no difference.
The only other real heat source is going to be the gpu, which will exhaust all the heat through the back.
>>
>>54341357

It doesn't really make a difference - the more important part that AIO shitters forget is that regardless of water or air cooling you need clear air flow through a case.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.