[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so slow to start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: Firefox-620x236.png (129 KB, 620x236) Image search: [Google]
Firefox-620x236.png
129 KB, 620x236
Why is this so slow to start?
>>
SJW botnet meme AIDS
>>
>>54334512
its checking your cis white privilege
>>
It's what I hate the most about it. Every Chromium-based browser I've tried starts in a second, FF takes at least five.
>>
Powerful browser.
>>
Quality memes take time anon.
>>
>>54334512
no sse2 optimisations, this will soon change with sse2 cpus being a requirement
>>
>>54334547
Palemoon starts fine too.
>>
>>54334815
That's bullshit and a hard one.
>>
>>54334547
What? Takes me 1 second.
Having an SSD helps.
>>
>>54334512
Not sure but I'm using SSD, so that's why it runs fine on my shitbox. Try to move configure it to cache in RAM and move your profile in RAM too (google tmpfs).
>>
>>54336779
ssd here, still slow as shit.

maybe I should do a factory reset
>>
>>54334512
Because you're a misogynist
>>
>>54334512
500 addons
>>
>>54337601
Maybe you should stop using Windows.

>>54337787
Also this.
>>
File: ff_startup.png (183 KB, 752x344) Image search: [Google]
ff_startup.png
183 KB, 752x344
>>54334512
It isn't.

I don't know what the fuck you guys are doing with your FF.
>>
>>54334512
Is noscript fucking up firefox for anyone else?
It makes pages really slow to load and the browser pretty much freezes.
When I disable it the problem goes away
>>
>>54334512
>>54336779
Reinstalling Firefox from my four-year old hard drive to my new SSD didn't make any noticeable difference to the startup time for me. (A fresh install of) Windows 10 starts faster than my Firefox, shit's weird yo.
>>
>>54338196
Uninstall all those fucking extensions you fucking moron.
>>
Loads fast on my machine, you massive faggot.
>>
File: fgj394gjef34kek.png (2 MB, 1360x2294) Image search: [Google]
fgj394gjef34kek.png
2 MB, 1360x2294
Lol OP learn your shit and get Chromium
>>
>>54334512
Probably because of the add-ons. It starts really fast in safe mode but in normal mode it takes like two seconds for the window to appear and then another two seconds before I can use it. After that it's fast, though.

>>54334547
Chrome/Chromium starts fast because it runs in the background all the time.

>>54338059
Use uMatrix instead to control execution of scripts.
>>
>>54338490
All web browsers are garbage
>>
>>54334547
Every modern browser takes a long time to start when you haven't used it in a while
Which is why you see faggots on /g/ advocating their fantasies favorite browser by citing the fact that hurr durr it starts up sooo sloooow on my machine, when they have the other browser installed in order to ridicule it periodically
>>
>>54338490
So....Chromium is just the same as Chrome spy jew browser?
What makes Chromium different from jew-spy-Chrome?
>>
>>54340051
Literally just the fact that it's open source and doesn't have an updater on Windows.
>>
>>54340090
What do you mean by updater?
>>
recommended addons?
>>
WHY SHOULD PEOPLE USE CHROMIUM INSTEAD OF CHROME?

WHYYY!!???
>>
Werks on my machine.
>>
>>54340499
UBlock Origin, noscript, 4chan x, tabmix plus.
>>
>>54341209
no botnet
>>
>Firefox Portable
>been using the same installation for 4 years
>started way back at v6
>upgraded through every release since
>now using Firefox ESR 45.1
>31 addons/extensions, 11 plugins
>heavily customized UI making it 100% unique for me alone
>on a laptop using a 7200 rpm hard drive, no SSD to be found sadly
>Firefox health report shows consistent startup times within 2 seconds
>last actual "crash" was August 2014
>it just fucking works

No idea what your problem is OP, but I can guess, has something to do with being a dumbass more than likely.
>>
>>54341316
Can you explain more about that?
Is it that important?
>>
File: Botnet.png (33 KB, 561x182) Image search: [Google]
Botnet.png
33 KB, 561x182
Okay, so I looked it up and it really doesn't sound like something that would be a part of the Chrome browser.
What am I missing here?
>>
File: 382029.png (129 KB, 1200x371) Image search: [Google]
382029.png
129 KB, 1200x371
It has to do privilege checks before starting up.
>>
>>54341979
the phrase "set up to send forward transmissions". of course chrome needs to do this to webservers to obtain website data but it also sends a lot of data to google servers such as the website you requested, search history etc
>>
>>54342108
And you're sure that Chromium doesn't do this?
I'm sorta fed up using Firefox, with how slow it is and if that SJW thing is true, then I definitely don't want to support them...
>>
Okay I am using Chromium and I can't get Flash to work....
>>
File: Capture5.jpg (16 KB, 930x29) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.jpg
16 KB, 930x29
Anyone have an issue with Firefox playing videos or music after it's been open for some time?

This is what my tabs are currently doing and my youtube video is just showing the loading symbol.
>>
>>54334512
>Why is this so slow to start?
It's checking your privilege.
>>
>>54341898
Google collectes all search data and browsing habits on Chrome

Chromium does not
>>
>>54334512
Firefox has gotten so increasingly shit over the years.

If I didn't have all my addons, session manager and classic theme restorer I would've switched years ago, but I don't if it's worth the effort now.
>>
>>54341402

Same story, except I've had mine installed since 2007. That's 9 years of upgrades and tinkering with extensions and about:config preferences.
>>
>>54343811
I have this problem. Fucking Youtube doesn't work well on FF.
>>
Firefox does everything slower. Even chrome beats it performance wise.

Source: my employer limited us to FF for a year before allowing chrome. The difference was huge
>>
>>54338490
>Firefox
>stable as can be
>>
>>54334512
It takes a bit of foreplay to get firefox's pussy moist.
Chrome is always ready due to the viscosity of the soap in the prison shower.
>>
>>54334512
it takes 1 second on my macbook pro
>>
>>54344290
It used to be absolutely fine last year I'd say. When it starts to crash, I have to close firebox then open it again for it to work properly.

I can't work out what is causing youtube or soundcloud to not work after FF has been open for a while.
>>
>>54334512
Drag Firefox shortcut to startup folder. It'll start up when your computer boots up.

Or fix your shit. Firefox is faster than Chrome for me. Then again, I use Aurora.
>>
>>54338490

> Chromium
> no privacy issues
>>
>>54343860
Okay, I see.
>>
is there any way to use flash stuff without actually installing flash? i would use mozilla if i could do that
>>
Whats wrong with Firefox now?
I never update, because I don't feel the need too.
I have 20+ addons, and almost always 50+ tabs open over a few windows, and everything loads fast.
Chrome and opera cant do this. They also don't have NoScript, though chrome has Ublock.

Did an update break the browser or something?
>>
>>54345984
Shumway, Gnash, Lightspark.
>>
I started using iceweasel last night. Didnt like it because it is just really old firefox. tried to go back, but suddenly firefox wasn't using my window manager theme (xfce-dusk) and was bright white, and I couldnt deal with that. So now im using iceweasel for the time being until I figure out something better...
>>
>>54343526

Install pepperflash plug-in?
>>
>>54334512
Can be for many reasons. For example if you just started your computer or installed the program recently then Windows won't have any of it prefetched.

But my money is on a profile bloated with shitty addons. 90% of people I see on /g/ that post their addons have loads of redundant shit like Ghostery.
>>
>>54341316
less botnet *
>>
>>54341402
yea I have a few addons, linux, ssd, same install for million years, customized, startup times less than a second constantly

no idea what these fucking people do to their browsers.
>>
>>54338490
this is incredibly outdated
>>
So has /g/ collectively abandoned the fox and hopped on the botnet train
>>
>>54346113
Don't know if it's me but after a while, Firefox doesn't load videos or plays sounds (music from soundcloud) after it's been open for a long time. They just show the loading icon.

I have to close FF then open it again for it to work.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.