[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vivaldi browser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
So, I've used Firefox for around 12 years now.
I love it, but it's just too taxing on my laptop's resources.
The last thing I was holding onto was its privacy and tree-style tabs.

I hate Chrome. It's botnet scum.

Looking at Vivaldi:

>Yes, it's based on Chrome, but it's better looking with more customisability
>It's fast
(CPU usage at 0.1% when idling, unlike FF's 5-12%)
>Apparently not botnet
>Has vertical tabs
(not quite as good as tree-style tabs, but hopefully that'll come soon)

Who else has been using it?
>>
>>54333032
>based on Chrome
No, it's a js web app running NO TOP of Chromium. Yes, is that bad.

Firefox uses 0% when idling btw.
>>
>>54333119
>Firefox uses 0% when idling btw.
Not if you're using even a handful of addons.
I have only 5 addons installed.
>>
>>54333032
>shilling
>>
>>54333032
Where's the source coe?
>>
File: filename.jpg (93 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
filename.jpg
93 KB, 1152x864
>not lightning
>>
Vivaldi is no better than Chrome really and all its customization is stuff you can get in Firefox, some native some mods etc....nor does it do all chrome does if you like Chrome/ium.

Stay on Firefox. Privacy and addons are worth it. You can slim down addons that are draining like say...auto translate if it's taking too many resources . Using ublock origin, umatrix or noscript, disconnect, decentraleyes and what not will load pages faster too.
>>
I've been using it for a couple days, and it's breddy gud.
>>
>>54333478
Fucking this.
>>
>>54333032
It keeps freezing for some reason
>>
>>54333809
Is it overkill to install ublock origin, umatrix and decentraleyes?

Do I only need one?

I also have https everywhere installed.
>>
>>54333809
Oh and sometimes developer edition or Aurora builds will work better for some having issues if you haven't tried them. Use PaleMoon if it still doesn't work but it isn't 1:1 Firefox compatible add-on wise.

Before it all though, reload Firefox without addons . if it works flawlessly, look at your addons and see which are the issues. If it doesn't save stuff you need and remember your addons, then use the Refresh or Reset Firefox and sometimes shit gets fucked up and that fixes it.
>>
why is every browser so shit
>>
>>54333907
MS and Google monopolising things.

Thankfully, Netscape was resurrected in the form of Firefox. Fucking MS with IE.
>>
>>54333876
They do different things. Ublock origin is the best ad blocker in the vein of adblock plus etc. Umatrix blocks domains and scripts and takes some attention as you have to allow things you want to load. It's another some say better version of noscript, policeman, or request policy. Decentraleyes is totally different and basically caches all kinds of stuff from content delivery networks that sites use, so you don't need to go load it on every page and this leak info. 3 different styles of privacy tools. Oh and HTTPS everywhere is good to have too. Oh, another good one to use is Disconnect Private Browsing but ublock origin does most of its jobs already
>>
>>54333554
Brave is better.
>>
Why did FF make an app for iOS without adblock and an addon for iOS's Safari app that blocks ads?
>>
I tried using it but switched back to chrome beta. It was annoying how you couldn't middle click the back button to get the previous page on a new tab. Also exiting fullscreen videos would often resize the window and next time fullscreen woudn't hide the video controls. Tab stacking is a useful feature I guess, and it was nice how a download bar doesn't become visible that you have to hide whenever you save a 4chan image like in chrome. The weather extension iI use would crash it for som reason.
>>
>>54333032
They wrote a browser in javascript, how do you think that performs? Think thats going to be more resource unfriendly? This was a derp idea from the getgo
>>
what's should i disable to run faster?
>>
>>54334188
isn't there some sort of javascript assembly thing now that runs fast? could have sworn i heard something like that
>>
>>54334254
remove ghostery its botnet
>>
>>54334254
is ublock an ad blocker??
you can remove that and use a hosts file instead
>>
>>54334254
ghostery and umatrix are mostly unnecessary if you use ublock, and ghostery is indeed problematic for privacy, and quite resource-intensive.
>>
File: 1393652374158.png (98 KB, 308x231) Image search: [Google]
1393652374158.png
98 KB, 308x231
I just wanna watch a twitch stream and use the spotify web player but i don't wanna download flash.
>>
>>54334316
what?
>>
>he fell for memaldi
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (29 KB, 428x207) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
29 KB, 428x207
I really want to like Vivaldi, but there's some minor things that highly triggers me. One of them is the bookmarks bar.

Who the fuck thought this shit is a good idea? It's the first entry in every folder.
You also can't right-click anywhere in the bookmarks bar, because it acts the same as a left-click.
Address bar is also utter crap.

Shame that mozilla had to fuck every nice thing about firefox.
>>
>Node.JS
It's shit
>>
>>54334343
I don't think they use flash
>>
>>54334548
twitch uses flash
>>
>>54334592
for what porpoise. is it still 2009
>>
>>54334609
i have no idea. but it really fucking sucks.
>>
>>54333032
I've been using it exclusively for a week or two.
It's essentially a prettier looking chrome that is a little buggier and feature-less.
6/10
>>
>>54334343
Just download livestreamer and watch twitch through that.
>>
>>54333032
It has kinda slow GUI and blurry font rendering on Windows...
>>
>>54334254
>Using Ghostery
>After version 6

Why?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.