[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on why I don't straight up buy an XPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1462133303295.jpg (337 KB, 3000x2027) Image search: [Google]
1462133303295.jpg
337 KB, 3000x2027
Please
>>
>>54332493
u cant afford it
>>
File: image.png (869 KB, 1024x1240) Image search: [Google]
image.png
869 KB, 1024x1240
>>54332493
>tell me to buy things
>>
File: arigato dell senpai.jpg (2 MB, 2811x2074) Image search: [Google]
arigato dell senpai.jpg
2 MB, 2811x2074
>>
>>54332521
We found pedobear
>>
>>54332493

you should wait for the new macbook pro's to be announced the ones being announced june with the updated designs to match up with the new macbook color and thinness
>>
>>54332606
source? this is tempting..
>>
>>54332493
You can build a desktop PC with better specs than any other shittop, with the same or less amount of money.
>>
Pretty much how the P50 will give you more utility and reliability for the same buck.

XPS 15 is sexy but to actually compete with P50 for professional usability the Precision 5510 is needed, referring to the business version of the consumer XPS 15.

Even HP has lightweight workstations that can compete now. Also the P50 offers better repair options.

Also this
>>54332606
>>
>plastic construction when competitors are metal
>can't disable CABC
>keyboard has undersized keys
>worst webcam placement 2k16

But the battery life seems pretty good at least.

>>54332715
epic shitpost.
>>
File: pc masterrace.png (214 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
pc masterrace.png
214 KB, 400x300
>>54332715

>
>>
>>54332493
Was looking to buy the larger one since I wanted to buy the 1k model and upgrade the battery, and I just couldn't find it.
So that's a con if you don't have 2k to spend immediately
>>
>>54332493
Everything else about the design of the XPS looks shit, the bezels is the only thing it has going for it.
Battery life isn't stellar with 8 hours average for the 1080p version and 5-6 hours on the Hires version.
The keyboard flexes like a bitch.
The usual Dell issue with failing AC adapters, you'll be buying a new one every year.
Shit battery durability with only 300 rated charge cycles.

So yeah, these Dells are just heavily shilled laptops. The reviews are all obviously paid for, just google "MBP vs. XPS" and you'll get 15 articles from different reviewers saying how the XPS 13 has replaced their Macbook Pros with very similar stories, even though the majority of those reviewers didn't even use Macs in the first place.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.