[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic related, happened a few mins ago. Just plugged into the electrical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160501_165057.jpg (3 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160501_165057.jpg
3 MB, 2160x3840
Pic related, happened a few mins ago. Just plugged into the electrical outlet and the a few seconds later a loud 'pop'. Lodged the shell of the capacitor into the far corner and shit allover the place like a feather pillow. Ended up sending my PTSD gf (who was also in the room) into a a short episode due to the sudden noise. Story time /g/. What's your electrical/technical fails
>>
File: 1448186207847.gif (318 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
1448186207847.gif
318 KB, 250x309
>>54329865
>PTSD gf
>>
in December I got myself a little stereo vu meter board and components
the caps seemed a little dodgy but whatever, I soldered this shit anyway
after hooking it up to the laptop PSU 1 microfarad cap went straight into my eye, then I had to spend 4 hours in hospital waiting in line
I love electrolytic caps
>>
File: 144578788898.png (81 KB, 205x256) Image search: [Google]
144578788898.png
81 KB, 205x256
>>54329865

>PTSD gf
>>
>>54329985
Did you test the ohms while the laptop was on?
>>
Into an episode of being as weak as a chicken nugget
>>
Better off just putting her out of her misery if noises are fucking "Triggering" her "PTSD" (That she got when she dropped the last tub of icecream on the floor, right?)
>>
>>54330032
...what
I wasn't testing anything, neither I was feeding any signal to the vu meter. There was no short on the board and the goddamn cap went flying for no reason
Also it took the IC to the grave too
>>
>>54329865
Imagine if you're fart are loud as fuck and she start crying because you farted
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.