[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iOS extinction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: android-hi.jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
android-hi.jpg
20 KB, 640x480
When do you think iOS will go extinct? It's non-existent in emerging markets and has declined in global market share for 5 years straight. I think Android will have a monopoly on smartphones within 10 years.

iOS cannot survive as a status symbol. OEMs can just put Android on phones with higher build quality and better screens, which is already happening.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 1352x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 1352x760
Not anytime soon. The iPhone is iconic and seen as a technological milestone in many people's eyes. Sure, it's market share might be shrinking gradually but Apple would have to do something very fucking stupid for it drop markedly. iPhones are actually pretty good phones. They just need to step-up their game and blow their competitors (Samsung, HTC, etc.) out of the water.
>>
>>54329000
Nokia was once the default choice for a new phone, remember what happened to them? Same can happen to iPhones.
>>
>>54329000
Something stupid like redesign the icons to look like a 5 year old drew them?
Or do you mean like making the camera stick out more from the phone each version. Or removing the headphone jack but not even making the phone thinner? or making the phone bend in your pocket?
Apple users will buy anything Tim Crook tells them to.
>image.jpg
spotted the iPhone user.
>>
>>54329049
And when and why did Nokia become unpopular?
>>
>>54328914
>iOS cannot survive as a status symbol.
THere's plenty of shit out there that has, despite the sound reasoning against why they would or should be.

>OEMs can just put Android on phones with higher build quality and better screens
And that would mean nothing if consumers viewd android devices as "second choice" for the budget conscious.

Consumer behavior is irrationally rational.
You can't predict shit long run, really.
All I know is that there are enough plebs out there that aspire to buy apple shit to keep their gravy train chugging along for quite some time to come.
>>
>>54329092
When windows phone.
>>
>>54329082
>...redesign the icons to make it look like a 5 year old drew them?
I don't know if you've noticed but the current trend now is to make logos and icons look simpler. Why do you think that the Windows logo is now 4 simple squares instead of that wavy shit? Why do you Google made their font more plain?
>making the camera stick out - each version
Lol, that only happened with the iPhone 6 (and stayed with the 6S because they don't change the model for the 'S' version) and they'll probably get rid of it for the iPhone 7 because people complained
>remove headphone jack but not make the phone thinner
How do you know if the iPhone 7 won't be thinner, you spud?
>the 'bendgate' meme
That was fixed by the 6S Plus, mate.
>>
>>54329000
>Apple would have to do something very fucking stupid for it drop markedly
Like remove the headphone jack?
>>
>>54329049
Don't forget Blackberry
>>
>>54329129
>And that would mean nothing if consumers viewd android devices as "second choice" for the budget conscious.

Normies don't talk about Androids. They talk about Samsungs and HTCs. As soon as an OEM comes out with a Luxury line, iOS is finished. Samsung has already done this with their top phones.
>>
>>54329261
It might have not been the wisest decision to make but Apple can force changes like that if they want to because they're top dog. I'm willing to bet that not soon after companies like Samsung will go through the same process.
>>
They'll be around in the US and a slight existance in china since they hate samsung. Other than that, they'll disappear within 15 years in most markets.
>>
>>54329209
stop shilling you retard
>>
>>54329357
I appreciate your mature and constructive response to what I've stated. Fuck off. Nobody gives a shit about what phone somebody gets.
>>
>>54329413
then why are you shilling for apple
>>
If anything I'm thinking Android would be easier to replace than iOS. Google has almost no control of it. Less than 10% of their marketshare are on Android 5.x. If only Microsoft wised up on their licensing shit I bet they could easily make Google run for their money.
>>
>>54329261
Found the upcomming angry custumers ;^)
>>
>>54329439
I'm not. I'm providing responses to what another anon said. In fact, I'm considering getting the Samsung S7 Edge so maybe that'll make you feel better, fuckboi.
>>
>>54329472
Consider buying an Xperia phone, top tier quality (I've got Xperia Z3
>>
>>54329510
What's good about them apart from the 4K screen?
>>
>>54328914
>It's non-existent in emerging markets
HAHAHA
>>
>>54329510
Shill pls go
>>
>>54328914
When ultrafast smartphones that do everything including "muh gaymes" becomes $200 and applel is squeezed into bankruptcy.
>>
>>54329049
I don't think he's saying that it won't die, more that it will take something completely different to smash the phone market again.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.