[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying everyone on /g/ wouldn't buy this and hail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 18
File: razor-blade-stealth-26.jpg (32 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
razor-blade-stealth-26.jpg
32 KB, 770x433
>implying everyone on /g/ wouldn't buy this and hail it as the greatest if it didn't have the logos on it and the usb's were black and not green

You guys don't actually care about technology you just care about looking like you care about technology.
>>
File: maxresdefault2.jpg (309 KB, 3000x2027) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2.jpg
309 KB, 3000x2027
In terms of direct competitors (13" ultrabooks) I like the XPS 13 way better, the display just looks too good.
The logo/LEDs aren't that big of an issue, just leave them off and put a sticker on the back and you're good.
>>
The only thing I don't really like about them is that I can't go to a store to buy one and test it out. I don't like making a blind online purchase at something that costs at least $999
>>
>>54327747

The XPS has nicer bezels but the RBS has a better screen. If the XPS was cheaper (which you'd think it would be being from a bigger company) it'd beat the RBS in every way though.
>>
>>54327747
Yeah that dell is sexy. But if had that rgb keyboard it'd be perfect.
>>
File: IMG_20160501_211424.jpg (3 MB, 4000x2992) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160501_211424.jpg
3 MB, 4000x2992
>>54327747
>>
>>54327612
Putting aside that the whole ulrabook thing is garbage, this particular laptop has too big bezels and gay-looking keyboard backlight. Anyone who actually, as you said it, "cares about technology", doesn't care about these facebook machines.
>>
>>54327939

It's perfect for working on stuff while mobile it's not a facebook machine that would be called a "chromebook"
>>
>>54327956
>working on stuff while mobile
Like...browsing facebook. Editing your css's maybe, tops.
>>
>>54327976

Or doing some actual programming, worksheets, etc.

When you grow up and do real work maybe you'll understand.
>>
>>54327995
I'm not retarded enough to WORK in my free time, sorry. And we don't do BYOD(and even for that ultrabooks are shit).
>>
>>54327612
I would be a little interested in that, but they don't sell it in my country and I need scandinavian keyboard layout, so I wouldn't want one shipped from overseas.
I even play gayms so I have zero problems with showing that I have a gaymen laptop. It's not ugly and it has some nice specs.
>>
>>54328038
>not working remotely

fag alert
>>
>>54328341
You mean at home? Why would I use an ultrabook at home(or at all, as I keep asking people)? How out of touch with reality are you?
>>
>>54328381

I think you are the one who is out of touch and this wouldn't be at home.
>>
>>54328449
>working remotely
>not at home
What's the fucking point.
>>
>>54328472

Are you retarded?
>>
>>54327827
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: 1461956642343.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461956642343.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>54328472
So you can say hello to the sun my son
>>
>>54328486
Unless you're on a business trip or a really shitty remote tech support job, I don't see a single reason to work remotely somewhere other than your home.
>>
the only laptop i would buy that has a windows key is a thinkpad.
>>
>>54328537

So...

>unless you have to work remotely i don't see a reason why you'd work remotely
>>
>>54328583
>business trip
Not something you do every day.
>shitty remote tech support job
The only sane purchase in that case is a handgun and a bullet.
So... yeah. Overpriced shit you won't need either 99% of the time or won't need it at all.
>>
>>54327612
Fuck Razor. They want to make owning their shit a fucking lifestyle choice like Apple, only less faggy and more GAYMAR. They can suck every dick in hell.
>>
>>54328667

So basically proving the point of my post? You don't actually care about the product as long as you can not look like "(insert something)"
>>
>>54328691
As soon as I own a Razor product, everyone else is going to assume I'm one of them. Fuck that. I literally can't own their product without everyone assuming I've got a cringe-thread worthy room decked out in Razor garbage.
>>
>>54328754

Are you really this insecure?
>>
>>54327612
The brand is half of what keeps me from buying this. I have seen so much Razer garbage break and people pay a lot of money for the privilege. I don't trust them with laptops, I won't for some time at least.

The other half is they do lots of weird shit that only works in windows and I don't want to have to commit to using a single OS with my hardware. I like options.
>>
>>54328526
why do people still post this green trump meme?
>>
File: d.jpg (45 KB, 766x460) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
45 KB, 766x460
>>54327612
>portable computers
>>
>>54328843
What are you on about, it's Grinch.
>>
>>54328781
Who cares? The Razor logo and green USB ports are tacky as hell anyway. Even when they don't make gayman shit it still looks like some garbage that should be sitting next to a bag of doritos and a can of mtn dew.
>>
>>54328821

I've owned a deathadder for like 4 years now and it's still going strong I don't see the issue.

>>54328856

Yes some people have to leave their desktop sometimes.

>>54328906

I think they look cool also what's wrong with doritos and mountain dew? I don't drink or eat them but all I'm hearing when people say they don't like this comes down to being worried about what other people think about them which comes down to people who are kids.
>>
>>54328951
Enjoy your planned obsolesence garbage.

>cheap pastic chassis
>non-removable batteries
>poor air circulation
>proprietary screws
>soldered fan assemblies that are impossible to clean

They are literally designed to fail.
>>
File: WP_20160501_005.jpg (567 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160501_005.jpg
567 KB, 2592x1944
>>54327747
>>54327894
>>
>>54329056

All laptops are planned obsolescence you dolt
>>
>>54329124
God read the thread you fucking moron.
>>
>>54329056
What laptop is the opposite in all of those fields?
>>
>>54329282

Oh you didn't hear?

See >>54329194

You just gotta read the fuckin thread obv
>>
thinkpad T series is the king of laptops
>>
File: 20160501_174342.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160501_174342.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>
>>54329347

Name a thinkpad ultrabook with the same specs and price of the RBS. Protip: You can't.
>>
>>54329312
To be fair, this thread really isn't about the laptop. It's about how most people (not just on /g/) are fake and pathetic slaves to fads, trends and memes. Or something like that.

I am genuinely curious if there is a laptop that counters of all the points from >>54329056.
>>
>>54329392

So what you're saying is that /g/ is full of dumb people?
>>
I like them.
>>
>>54327612
>that bezel
>>
>>54330575

>worried about the bezel when the screen is top notch.
>>
>>54327612

What's so nice about it?
>>
>>54329121
>>54327894

those mousepads look like shit. how do they feel? what about the keyboard?
>>
>>54327612
>16:9 screen
>bezels bigger than on Macbook Air
No, I wouldn't even want it for free, anon.

>>54329121
>using a mouse with your laptop
It's like it has a useless trackpad!

>>54330623
It distracts from the overall design, besides good screens are nothing special these days.
>>
But my surface pro is a dozen times more useful
>>
>>54327612
Besides the logo and retarded things associated to it, battery life is kinda shit and I can't stand the stupid ass font on the keyboard.
But even if all that was cool, price point is way too much for what it is. I guess it would be a better option to a macbook if you had the money, if you are that far into macbooks.
>>
I have the 1440p 256 GB one, works well, but had to put a sticker on the logo because honestly, the logo is what Mountain Dew is to soda, but PC/Laptops. It's a 7/10, unless you're on power save mode the battery is shit.
>>
>>54331443
drop like $200 off the base price tag, and it's viable.
>>
>>54331443

At $999 it's the best ultrabook available though
>>
>>54331465
but still if it is a hypothetical situation and the logo is gone and you have a battery that lasts for more than 2 hours.
Also, how good are these dual booting?
>>
>>54328494
>>>/rgbt/
>>
>>54331448

Why didn't you get the 4k model just too expensive? I'm thinking of ordering one but the logo doesn't bother me as I don't care if someone thinks it's similar to mountain dew I already have a well paying job and a wife so I don't need to care what people think about me anymore.
>>
>>54331481
i mean it is a Laptop, I'm guessing it dual-boots just like any other, but with the non-upgradeable RAM, that might be an issue (8 GBs of Low Power DDR3), i never use laptops for that anyway, can't really say.
>>
>>54331475
>shit aspect ratio
>shit battery life
>shit trackpad
What makes it the best ultrabook?
>>
>>54331496
Well I saw reviews, and heard that the 4k really shits on battery life, and I mean Adobe RGB is useful, not in my line of work (CAD Architect), 1440p is good enough. I also covered the logo since it's slightly unproffesional in my line of work. Plus, also just switched for a 512 GB M.2 myself, saved $50, not much at the price point, but ya know.
>>
>>54331517
I'm good with 8gbs, unless you need it specifically for something 8gbs to browse, use a terminal, do office work or remote connect to something and run a vm is enough. But yeah I would be annoyed to not be able to do more if I need it to with a machine that costs me more than the old macbook pre retina i5 with 16gbs or a x220 I have.
Besides the logo and what represents I really don't like it because of battery life and price point. If you lower the price I would still be bitching about battery life and look for something else.
>>
>>54331527
trackpad is nice, actually, i mean it skips, but that's from wear. Aspect ratio, most people (including me) just won't give a shit. Battery life is kinda shit honestly, depending on work load.
>>
File: 1426695327103.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1426695327103.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>buying a laptop with a proprietary OS preinstalled
>>
>>54331465

It's already $999 for the base model and trumps other ultrabooks at that price point, in general ultrabooks should be cheaper but as far as this one goes relatively it's got a good price.

>>54331561

How is the simple three snakes making a triangle exactly unprofessional? I mean that's what I don't understand the logo itself is pretty aesthetic and doesn't have text or anything complicated. The only reason I can understand people not liking it is that it's associated with gamer things but unless you are someone into that stuff you wouldn't know.

>>54331527

You have one?
>>
>>54331601

Honestly if you're worried about needing more than 8GB of ram you shouldn't be looking at ultrabooks in general is how I feel.

There's plenty of power Laptops out there but they aren't ultrabooks and I think a lot of people try to compare the 2 which is stupid and kind of what you're doing with the pricepoint thing as well this is the best price ultrabook but a terribly priced laptop.
>>
>>54331630
>being this autistic
nigger, you can buy whatever you want with anything installed on it. If you need anything besides what comes preinstalled means you already know how to install it and also you know how to wipe the computer in less than 2 minutes. Please do not attempt to explain to me why you need the computer to come with Arch preinstalled.
>>
>>54331642
unprofessional because of the gaming association, and it's an architect firm, and people say it "draws too much attention in meetings", which is fair, a fucking bright green logo, but hey never exactly liked it anyway, there's a sticker on top tho.
>>
>>54331614
>trackpad is nice, actually, i mean it skips, but that's from wear
What's a very interesting definition of nice. Like sure, it's not overly horrible but it's shit compared to a proper one and $999 is not exactly cheap so you should accept it. Not anything close to "best ultrabook".

>most people (including me) just won't give a shit
Why wouldn't you give a shit about something you look at every time you use the laptop? Might as well not give a fuck about resolution and go with 1366x768 then.

>depending on work load
Well it always does, but from what I read it even blows at wifi browsing.

>>54331642
You don't have to own every piece of hardware to note obvious downsides. If you like it, great for you, really. Just it's no where best ultrabooks, even considering the price.
>>
>>54331630

Some people on this board enjoy using Windows and don't need to be autistic in linux to feel special. Or are gay enough to use something with OSX
>>
>>54331677
agree to disagree, it looks like a really way too expensive ultrabook to me. There are Asus zenbooks that overall are better because you are looking for mobility and not somethign that dies because it's not plugged to a wall.
From an ultrabook I would expect to have excellent battery life, muh thinness and to not be a fire hazard while using it, can you say that about the Razer?
>>
>>54331692

It's definitely the best ultrabook for the price and features if there's any downside it would probably be the battery life but that's probably because it has the best screen you gotta choose which you prefer.
>>
>>54331752

Well you can say it runs very cool and isn't a fire hazard and according to the reviews the battery life is very good for general reading/browsing but is low when using a lot of the power.

I don't see how you can think it's too expensive show me another ultrabook that has an i7, 8GB of ram, 2k screen and is only $999.
>>
For what I do, it works well, since I work in an architect firm, and I use a Lot of CAD, the dual core kinda hinders it in multi-view rendering, but there's Hyperthreading, the RAM is enough, and the 1440p helps with seeing the details. Trackpad is nice (not perfect) for the price, Adobe RGB, I don't give a shit but cool, key switches could be a little better, but i wasnt expecting Cherry MX or Browns in a laptop anyway. battery could be a little better, but it just needs to be on power saver mode if you're not gonna charge it at all during the day. overal 7.5/10.
>>
>>54331823
After posting I kept wondering and I'm searching around to see what I can find.
Probably you are right, Asus ZenBook UX303 seems to be almost 100 bucks more, XPS 13 cheaper and maybe others from lenovo or toshiba are on the same price or a little bit more.
In the end you could be end up paying 100 bucks more for better battery life and pretty much the same specs plus no retarded logos or gamer look.
As I told you agree to disagree. What are everyones thoughts on the Razer Core, the thing for the external video card to attach to the Razer Blade? 500 bucks seems too much.
>>
>>54331791
>It's definitely the best ultrabook for the price and features
Let's see...

For 700-800 bucks there is the Core M Macbook clone from Asus, superior/same at everything sans performance. Depending on the work you want to do, you won't even notice it.

For 900 there is 1080p XPS, slightly worse screen but much better battery life. Rest is the similar.

For 999 there is 13" Air, obviously worse screen (but somehow balanced out by aspect ratio), similar performance and vastly superior battery life and trackpad.

And for 1300 there is rMBP that's vastly superior at everything sans weight.

>>54331823
i7 on ultrabooks is pretty much the same as i5, you would be hard pressed to notice a difference and once you take that away, all that's left is a good screen, gimped by ridiculous battery life.
>>
>>54332044
i7 has Hyperthreading, most of the time.
>>
>>54332082
Just like i5. Or Core M, or almost any modern laptop CPU.
>>
>>54327612
Not sure if I would get the stealth, not worth it imo. Blade on the other hand looks really good, but still way too expensive for majority of /g/
>>
>>54331977

I mean if you're saying I'm probably right after looking everything up why end it with "agree to disagree"? The XPS is probably the second best choice but the thing is that it's price/part ratio doesn't match the RBS sadly.

As far as I know with the core is that it's going to work with every system coming out because they worked with intel but at the same time since they designed it it's going to work best with their hardware and not because they locked anything down it just comes down to understand the engineering better.

I think it's $400 if you buy a razer and $500 if you just buy one for your own other computer.

>>54332044

The core m you said yourself it's less performance so why mention it

the 1080p xps is a worse screen so uncomparable (also only 4gb of ram last I checked)

the 13" air obviously worse screen also it's a mac so...

and for $400 more there's....

Yeah exactly you can't mention anything at the price point that is better or exactly the same in every way.

Also i7's are not comparable to i5's were not talking about doing gaming right now. And not a single review says the battery life is that terrible even the guy in this thread who owns one said it's not the best but it's manageable.
>>
File: razer-core-gallery-03.png (189 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
razer-core-gallery-03.png
189 KB, 800x600
I'm a retard, I'm liking the GPU enclosure. I know it's expensive but looks clean.

>>54332182
Agree to disagree because I would go for the Zenbook I told you or the XPS 13 because they look better on paper for me. I don't want so so battery life and I couldn't care less about having a 4K 13 inch display. It all comes down to personal preference if you want and in that front I can tell you the Razer Stealth is not the best ultrabook you can get if it isn't the best on performance, battery, size which seem important to people looking for them.
Again always leaving behind the stupid ass logos and the gamer thing.
>>
>>54332265

I'm probably going to get the GPU enclosure mostly becauses I'll get the $100 discount and it really does look nice and clean as fuck.

If you can find the forum post about it where they announce it or whatever they straight up mention "Yeah it could be like $50 cheaper but we wanted to make sure it was beautiful and solid so we're using aluminum and not plastic etc." I respect that they were straight forward that yeah they probably could of saved $50 for you but it wouldn't be as great if they did so they didn't.
>>
>>54332265

As someone who just recently ordered the RBS and was stuck between that and the XPS 13 it's very obvious if you keep comparing the 2 that the RBS comes out on top in every way I didn't even have the zenbook in the picture.

I was probably like 55% RBS and 45% XPS in the end too it wasn't land slide but if you compare the 2 products the RBS is just better and more affordable. I spent $1400 for the 4k 256GB model . The problem is the most comparable XPS is $1499 so already $100 more and it's screen isn't as nice and you don't get an i7 you only get an i5.
>>
>>54332294
Nah it's fine, nobody wants the case to be an ugly piece of crap like the Asus one or the card woobling around. I like how it looks. All in all if you had the Razer logo in black in the Stealth lid it would make sense next to it and also looks a thousand times better.

>>54332353
Dude enjoy it, I'm good with my hardware but I've always checked them out and they gotten better since the first iteration came out. I do believe they will get better in battery life too eventually. Right now I guess they went for the best screen and the external gpu enclosure to go with it.
>>
>>54332415

I'm hoping too it's my first laptop purchase since like 2006 lol. Tired of being restricted to a desktop 24/7.
>>
>>54332265

Wait so this thing allows you to use a Titan on a laptop now?
>>
It's really pretty I just wish it didn't have that ugly green logo on the top
>>
>>54332835

I don't mind the logo it's better than having a half bitten apple on the front or words.
>>
>>54327612

Is there any good reviews on this?
>>
>>54333199
All of them say it's awesome, except for battery life, which craps out usually at the 6-7 hour mark. Not too different from the XPS memetop.
>>
>>54333281

Wait so it last 6-7 hours and people are trying to shit on the battery life? I'm confused.
>>
>>54332752
it seems. You only need Thunderbolt 3 on the laptop and a decent cpu, not some intel m version to avoid the bottleneck and you are set.
That's a great solution to what happens if you do it using a expresscard and some hardware hacking.
>>
>>54333476
on the benchmarks I saw it's 60% or so of the battery life you get with the XPS 13.
One of the retina mackbooks has more than twice as much, same with the Air. I know they are overkill in that department but when you are getting numbers below other windows laptops you are fucking it up.
>>
>>54333600

Yeah but the macbooks can't do anything important so of course they can browse facebook and 4chan for 14 hours.
>>
>>54333199
Yeah they say the charger keeps breaking and they're $130 bucks a pop from Razer. You get one replacement for free but they only last a couple weeks before they break.
>>
>>54333666

Why would the charger be breaking?
>>
File: memes aside.jpg (47 KB, 400x529) Image search: [Google]
memes aside.jpg
47 KB, 400x529
>>54333662
actually office work, random shit on a browser/terminal and even programming is possible. But I guess they just used them as facebook machines when they made the samples.
>>
>>54333713

Yeah I know they can be used for that stuff but let's face it and look at who buys them and we know what's really going on.
>>
>>54329945
not that guy, but please stop being a cunt and answer the fucking question
>>
>>54333743

If there's a laptop that doesn't have any of those issues?

I'm not sure what you're getting at as that post >>54329056 was directed at me so I can 't answer if there's any laptop that meets the opposite of that criteria you would need to ask the poster of >>54329056
>>
File: 1428183869707.jpg (7 KB, 170x206) Image search: [Google]
1428183869707.jpg
7 KB, 170x206
>>54333736
can't argue when you are making me laugh anon being kinda right.

>>54333743
I guess that non of the ultrabooks can counter all of the points >>54329056 posted. Somehow they resort to some of them or all of them for the sake of muh thinness and maximize profit. And to go further yes, people buy shit because it's a fad or just because of looks.
Damn if I don't recognize that soemtimes you like something because of looks and them you try to justify that is worth looking and digging for redeemable features.
>>
>>54327894
>>54329121
>>54329364

Whats you're average actual battery life.

I have the 1080p version and i only get like 6 hours of actual usage on Win10.
>>
File: image.jpg (513 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
513 KB, 2448x3264
>>54333692
I think it's the cable that's the problem.

>Recently I just purchased a Razer Blade Stealth had it for a week and the charger started to bend and not work and I think it might be a flaw with rubberized tip that is on the port of the charger which makes it bend fairly easy and I know that alternative chargers for usb type c is hard to come by
>>
Razor makes shitty hardware normally but unlike their normal plastic shit the Blade series are well built and speced. Somehow they got their shit together and made some of the best laptops around when everyone else can't get specs right much less aesthetics and tertiary features. The only thing I dislike about the Stealth is they put a shitty low power dual core i7 not a real quad . They could have fit it in a fucking 13 inch that doesn't have discrete graphics!
>>
>>54327612

>fuck heug bezel
>internal battery
>shit keyboard

Yeah, it only sucks because it's Razer.
>>
>>54334272

>big bezels
That's a meme issue go jack off to your worse xps13

>internal battery
By the time the battery is so bad that you can't get a new one through repair you wouldn't want to use the computer anyway because the hardware would be outdated as of any laptop

>shit keyboard

That's just not true anon
>>
File: dell-precision-5510-nw-g02.jpg (166 KB, 775x500) Image search: [Google]
dell-precision-5510-nw-g02.jpg
166 KB, 775x500
>>54328781
it looks REALLY unprofessional and tacky. A simpler design is in a lot of cases better because it's inoffensive
>>
>>54334643

The RBS looks way more simpler than the xps the logo is very clean as well there's nothing non simple and clean about it.
>>
>>54332182
>The core m you said yourself it's less performance so why mention it
Because while it has less performance on paper, depending on the things you want to do, you won't even notice the difference. Also since you care so much about the price, hard to argue with 300 bucks cheaper.

>the 1080p xps is a worse screen so uncomparable
But much better battery life, there are always compromises unless you got for rMBP, which in turn has the downside of price. Even with 8gb XPS should be more affordable, besides, it's not like Windows/Linux support for high resolution screens is good.

>also it's a mac so...
Where was the OS even mentioned? Besides, you could run it with Linux/Windows, still would have the same benefits, sans trackpad.

Well, you can either get almost the same shit with Asus for 300 less or much more with 300 bucks more for rMBP. Why draw the line exactly at 999? Why prioritizing a better screen but ignoring battery life on a mobile device?

>that is better or exactly the same in every way.
Everything I mentioned is either almost the same but cheaper, similarly priced but mostly better or much better for more. Why are they supposed to be the same?

>Also i7's are not comparable to i5's
They are pretty much identical, few more Ghz in turbo and maybe 1MB L3 cache won't even add 10%, specially given how everything from Core M is perfectly fine for the usual laptop tasks, while even 45W workstations would be raped by desktops.
>>
>>54331355

I kid you not it's one of the most responsive touchpads I've used on a laptop. The multi-gesture is fluid and I would say is as close to a macbook's trackpad in terms of efficiency EXCEPT it is made of a better material. The palm rest is carbon fiber, but the trackpad is a harder plastic that doesn't feel cheap.

the keyboard is a bit disappointing though, it's not squishy but there is low key travel.
>>
>>54334694

>Everything I mentioned is either almost the same but cheaper

None of that is almost the same and regardless I didn't ask for it to be almost the same I asked for it to be exactly the same or better for cheaper which still you have no proved.

All I want is hardware that is better or the same price for the same price or better.

Stop bouncing around the idea and prove me wrong faggot.
>>
>>54334804

dude he's just going to say "the performance is marginal"

I threw my money away buying an Aorus x3 but it's the best laptop I've ever owned and I fucking love it. I use it at work since I was sick of the garbage t440p they gave me (trackpad was fucked) and its performance is outstanding.

I may give my dad a razer since he likes to rip movies and he doesn't want a desktop but I know he could benefit from the cuda
>>
>>54334804
>or better for cheaper
Each of them got a better battery life, if you don't plan to use your laptop like one, why even going for an ultraportable?

>>54334841
>mentioning CUDA in talk about ultraportables
Negro wut?
>>
>>54334867

The better battery is marginal and you still get like 6 hours on the RBS which is more than enough time. Like who the fuck is using a laptop for more than 6 hours straight without being near an outlet seriously? Also we're talking about performance you can't have great computer performance without not as good battery performance. The only people who really give a shit about large battery times aren't actually doing anything important they just want to be able to browse facebook for 20 hours without having to get off the couch and plug their toppy in.
>>
I have one though, OP. It's great. I chose it over the XPS 13 because it was a better price.
>>
>>54334906

Same, well not only the better price but better parts for a better price. I went with the 256GB 4k screen version.
>>
>>54334867

it's not rendering scenes in ray-tracing, it's converting VHS tapes to dvd. probably doesn't even need hardware acceleration for that.
>>
>>54327772
Not sure where you live, but in california, the frys store that i worked before have somd blades on display
>>
>>54334918
I went with the base $999 model, and will swap the SSD for a larger size once I run low on storage. I use my old laptop as an FTP server for my movies, music, docs, and whatnot for now, so I should be good with this until the warranty expires.
>>
the real question is: can I disable the led on the tramp stamp?
>>
>>54334930

I live in Columbus aka Microcenter central and they don't have any bunch of dumb cucks.
>>
The only issue I have with mine is how fucking much the case LOVES fingerprints. How the fuck do I clean these off?
>>
>>54334967

Yeah I have a desktop and HTPC for all my major files the only thing I'll have installed besides programs will be files for programming projects and stuff. And with a usb 3.0 usb stick and hard drive storage shouldn't be an issue for me. Also at home I have 300/30 internet so I'm not against cloud storage/ftp when I'm not home.

>>54334970

I don't see the issue with it but if you really have a problem I'm sure you could get a skin.
>>
>>54334985

alcohol wet wipes then a microfiber to dry it?
>>
>>54334894
>you still get like 6 hours on the RBS
In ideal scenario with constantly low workload. In real use it will make you constantly worry about running out of power.

>Also we're talking about performance you can't have great computer performance without not as good battery performance.
rMBP.

> The only people who really give a shit about large battery times aren't actually doing anything important they just want to be able to browse facebook for 20 hours without having to get off the couch and plug their toppy in.
Or anybody who travels ... you know, the point of an ultraportable.
>>
>>54335126

The 6 hours is what you get under workload...

The rMBP isn't a ultrabook and costs more to get less features

And who is traveling for 6 hours straight with no way to charge in 2016? Please explain.
>>
>>54335186
>6 hours is what you get under workload...
Not really, all reviews show that it's the best you can get with low workload wifi test. If you do anything more tasking like working in Lightroom or even PS it'd gets truly pathetic.

>And who is traveling for 6 hours straight with no way to charge in 2016?
Commercial flights are quite a big thing since post WW2 times. Not every airport has a decent place to charge it either.
Also depending on uni, you can't always plug it in either.
>>
>>54335220

>depending on uni you can't plug it in

Yeah no I'm not a child. And please show me where it says you only get barely get 6 with minimal workload.
>>
File: IMG_20160501_230550.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160501_230550.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Arch xps reporting,
i actually get like 8 hours on battery
>>
>>54335252
>Yeah no I'm not a child.
Apparently not somebody who flies frequently too. So why an ultrabook?

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/03/razer-blade-stealth-review-what-happens-when-gamers-make-a-regular-laptop/
Is for the 4K version but with that as base it's given that 1440p won't last much longer too.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10188/the-razer-blade-stealth-ultrabook-review/6
For both.

http://www.ultrabookreview.com/9777-razer-blade-stealth-review/
9.3 W (~ 4 h 50 min of use)– light browsing and text editing in Microsoft Word, Balanced Mode, screen at 50%, Wi-Fi ON;
8.5 W (~ 5 h 18 min of use)– 1440p full screen video on YouTube in EDGE, Balanced Mode, screen at 50%, Wi-Fi ON;
7.3 W (~6 h 10 min of use)– 1080p full screen .mkv video in Movie App, Balanced Mode, screen at 50%, Wi-Fi ON;

Also consider how low the brightness is with the screen.

>>54335343
Nobody is talking about XPS here. Also 1080p or 4k version?
>>
File: dellshit.png (67 KB, 740x371) Image search: [Google]
dellshit.png
67 KB, 740x371
Dell just gets a bit over 7 hours battery life for web browsing. The shills will tell you they easily get over 10 hours, which is not true. Any XPS recommendation on /g/ should result in an instant ban because it's overshilled garbage, with muh memezels.
>>
Spending more than $200 on a laptop is a joke.

A Chromebook is really all anybody needs in a laptop.
>>
Give me kernel 4.6 with LED support and a hardware WiFi switch to prevent W10 botnet and I'd snap it up.
>>
>>54335363
10h with some crippled OS and minimal brightness sounds doable, desu.

>>54335387
The joke is your poverty.
>>
>>54335387

Yeah if you're just going to browse the web. But some people actually do important stuff kiddo shouldn't you be getting to bed for school?
>>
>>54335356
1080p, i heard about people getting 12 hours but i dont want to bother searching how to achieve that...
>>
>>54335398

Which is why those people should be shot.

This whole thread is filled with people trying to prove the OP wrong but being terrible at it as far as I can tell.
>>
>>54335356
Razer recently released a firmware update that targeted power management. It gets a lot more battery life than quoted on those early reviews.
It's not rare to see the Stealth last more than 8 hours for general purpose tasks.
>>
>>54335343
Get much coil whine? Think about lowering brightnesses.
>>
>>54335423
Given no other Windows laptop managed that with a similar hardware, it's hard to believe. Firmware updates can improve efficiency if it was messed up before, not add as much battery life without crippling the performance.

Besides, is there at least one somehow serious review confirming it? At least a blogger?
>>
>>54335459
Well the idle consumption of the Stealth was abnormally high for a Skylake system so they probably worked out a few kinks to make it better.
HP did regular firmware updates for my Stream tablet and it gets a lot more battery life than when I first got it.
>>
>>54335428
no i dont get any coild whine, and yeah i usually lower the brightness but only when i know i cant charge it
>>
>>54327612
>UHD in a laptop
>QHD option has shit color gamut
>both options are 16:9
>keyboard has poor tactile response
>no dock
>only two USB A ports
>i7 in a laptop
>touchscreen but can't go tablet mode
Holy shit, no thank you.

All that aside, the green on black's enough to make me pass
>>
>>54335500
There is a huge step from 6h to 8h and even the 6h seem pretty positive. It has pretty similar hardware and battery size to XPS, which itself get's 7h+ with 1080p screen on Windows, even if the IGZO screen on RBS is super efficient, it's unlikely to beat that.

>>54335538
>UHD in a laptop
>no dock
>only two USB A ports
>i7 in a laptop
Nothing wrong with any of that. Only i7 is bit silly, since it's pretty much identical to i5 in real use but costs more.
>>
>>54335538

>complaing about high resolution
>ever
>16:9 meme
>complaing about amount of usb ports on an ultrabook
>complaining about having an i7 over a shittier i3 or i5
>complaining about touchscreen when it's not increasing the price like other competitors.

>not liking green and black color scheme
>>
>>54335538

Why would you need a dock for an ultrabook lol? The whole point of an ultrabook is traveling and a great addition to owning a desktop already.

Regardless there is a stand for it and you get it for free when you order it right now.
>>
>>54335566
Now that's just wrong. 16:9 is objectively inferior for anything beyond movies and vidya.
>>
>>54335594

Yeah but it's 2k and 4k options so go ahead and show me another ultrabook with 4:3 or 16:10 or 3:2 options and more pixels go ahead I'm waiting.
>>
>>54334841
>I may give my dad a razer since he likes to rip movies and he doesn't want a desktop but I know he could benefit from the cuda

seems you don't know that unless you buy the razer core there's no gpu inside.
>>
>>54335559
>pretty much identical to i5s
never used a quad core mobile i7 detected
performance almost identical to the desktop variety.
>>
>>54335612

He actually didn't specify it was the stealth he was going to get though.
>>
>>54335559
>UHD in a laptop
Battery hog, I've no need for 360PPI
>no dock
Big issue.
>only two USB A ports
Not enough USB ports
>i7 in a laptop
It's a fucking laptop. a modern Atom is more than good enough.

>>54335566
>complaing about high resolution
See above. It's a fucking laptop
No meme, 16:9 is only good for watching movies, it makes laptops less portable.
>complaing about amount of usb ports on an ultrabook
Damned right.
>complaining about having an i7 over a shittier i3 or i5
I'd rather have an Atom.
>complaining about touchscreen when it's not increasing the price like other competitors.
It may as well not be there if I can't flip the thing into a tablet.
>not liking green and black color scheme
It's disgusting.

>>54335579
>Why would you need a dock for an ultrabook lol?
Same reason you get a dock for any other laptop lol
>>
>>54335643

>it's a laptop

How can you be this retarded? It's an ULTRABOOK you're comparing to different things and getting upset about it you fucking idiot.

Now to move on

>a modern atom is more than enough
HAHAHHAHAHAHA GR8 B8 M8

>2 usb isn't enough
Exactly what the fuck are you connecting that needs more than 2 ports simultaneously?

>still complaining about high resoulution like its bad
>>
>>54335665

Two* fuck.
>>
>>54335608
>another ultrabook with 4:3 or 16:10 or 3:2 options
Any Retina Macbook got about as much as the 1440p version, also Chromebook Pixel and Surfacebook
(When did 2k even come from?)

There are indeed no 4K screens on laptops with respectable aspect ratio but given the current battery lives, it seems not really doable without making a fat brick.

>>54335626
The i7 on it is not a fucking quadcore, so what's your point?

>>54335643
>Battery hog, I've no need for 360PPI
Well, for current days maybe but it's damn nice overall.

>dock
>Not enough USB ports
Well for you maybe but I don't see how it'd be a problem for most people.

>It's a fucking laptop. a modern Atom is more than good enough.
Not really, Core M is about the bare minimum, specially if we consider the GPU to drive a somehow decent screen.
>>
>>54335711

i7 is still faster and has more cache you can tell quickly it's better than the i5 or i3 in a laptop or ultrabook.
>>
>>54335665
>How can you be this retarded? It's an ULTRABOOK
ULTRABOOKs are laptops.
>HAHAHHAHAHAHA GR8 B8 M8
No bait at all faggot.
>Exactly what the fuck are you connecting that needs more than 2 ports simultaneously?
flash drive, phone, multicard reader

>still acting like higher resolution ≠ less battery

>>54335711
>specially if we consider the GPU to drive a somehow decent screen
Good point, I forgot the iGPU comes on the CPU now
>>
>>54335726
>i7 is still faster
Barely so, you're most likely to run into heat limitation before you use it long enough to make a minimally noticeable difference over i5. Razor would be better off saving money and not playing dick comparison games with MUH MHZ.

>more cache
4MB instead of 3MB L3 cache won't make a big difference either. It's a nice have since you don't have to pay extra for upgrade like with others but pretty much useless in real use.
>>
>>54331401
>using mouse means trackpad is bad
It just means im into gaymin :^)
>>
>>54335808
That's even worse than having a shit trackpad.
>>
>>54335769

Ultrabooks are laptops but not all laptops are not ultrabooks so you can't compare them.

Why the fuck are you plugging in your cellphone into your laptop? Also a flash drive and multicard reader are interchangeable.

>still acting like more resolution is bad

>>54335787

>25% more cache isn't important.
K.
>>
>>54335822
>Why the fuck are you plugging in your cellphone into your laptop
To charge it.
>Also a flash drive and multicard reader are interchangeable.
Nope. Even if this were true, I don't think three USB ports is too much to ask for. My current laptop has five.

>>still acting like more resolution is bad
>still acting like less battery life is good
>>
>>54335822
>25% more cache isn't important.
Not with the usual laptop workload once you got a reasonable minimum, no.

>>54335883
>To charge it.
Why not just do it normally with a plug?
>>
>>54335917
>Why not just do it normally with a plug?
It's not like my laptop is my dedicated phone charger, I nbormally just pop in a fully charged battery when it's getting low, but it's not like it's not nice to be able to charge your phone with your laptop should the need arise.
>>
>>54335883

Why the fuck are you charging your phone off of your laptop?

First of all who's cellphone doesn't last 24 hours in 2016
Second of all buy a fucking power cell for the phone for like $20 and stop draiing for laptop battery for no fucking reason jesus.

Also if your current laptop has 5 ports IT'S NOT A FUCKING ULTRABOOK YOU FUCKING DUMB NIGGER
>>
>>54335962
>Why the fuck are you charging your phone off of your laptop?
See >>54335944
>First of all who's cellphone doesn't last 24 hours in 2016
Mine lasts 3+ days
>Second of all buy a fucking power cell for the phone for like $20 and stop draiing for laptop battery for no fucking reason jesus
Why would I carry a power bank when my laptop functions as one?
>Also if your current laptop has 5 ports IT'S NOT A FUCKING ULTRABOOK YOU FUCKING DUMB NIGGER
NO FUCKING SHIT WHERE DID I SAY MY CURRENT LAPTOP WAS AN ULTRABOOK YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID?
>>
>>54329391
No one gives a fuck about being able to play games on the go, you fag. It doesn't need a god damn dedicated graphics card. It needs to be durable, reliable, and functional. Anything more is a waste of money.
>>
>>54335982

>NO FUCKING SHIT WHERE DID I SAY MY CURRENT LAPTOP WAS AN ULTRABOOK YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID?

THEN WHY ARE YOU COMPARING IT TO ONE HOLY FUCK

Why would you be draining your laptops battery on a phone that last 3+ days

Holy shit you're the most retarded person on this board.
>>
>>54336007

The RBS doesn't have a dedicated graphics card and it's not for gaming so I'm missing what your point is exactly?
>>
>>54336022
>THEN WHY ARE YOU COMPARING IT TO ONE HOLY FUCK
BECAUSE OP SAID I WOULD BUY IT AND I'M SAYING WHY I WOULDN'T.
>Why would you be draining your laptops battery on a phone that last 3+ days
Because the phone's battery's running low.
>Holy shit you're the most retarded person on this board.
lol sure thing bud.
>>
>>54336059

I think the OP is talking about ultrabooks though I doubt he's as retarded as you and besides you the whole thread seems to be about ultrabooks.
>>
File: 1459813394758.jpg (8 KB, 202x184) Image search: [Google]
1459813394758.jpg
8 KB, 202x184
this thread is one hell of a shit fest
>>
>>54336073
Except the part where the OP says nothing about ultrabooks. Basically all it says is that if you post on /g/ you want this except for the logo and color scheme. I disagree, and I simply provided my reasons why. My god you're a fucking moron.

What did I expect though? Of course you're not allowed to have a different opinion on /g/.
>>
>>54336134

No you're allowed to be different but you'll have to deal with being called an idiot.
>>
>>54336149
I've noticed>>54327612
l
>>
>>54327612

What's so special about it?
>>
I miss netbooks
>>
>>54334162
Jej, I get 10h on Linux and 12 on Windows
>>
>>54327612
so much rice
>>
>>54335343
Blacklist btusb for two more hours
>>
screen size is for ants, I need a big man's screen, wake me up when laptops are 24" diagonal or higher
>>
>>54327612
Disgusting Bezels.
Stop shilling this filth.
>>
>>54336992
nice! thanks! have any more tips?
>>
>>54337336
For now that's the best we can do AFAIK, there are some more powersave improvements scheduled in Linux 4.7 to do with your screen, hopefully they fix the Bluetooth module, and Skylake support will be better down the line.
>>
>>54336960

>rice being bad
>>
Scrolling through the catalog i saw this thread and while reading it it seems to be full of shitposting.

So whata the general consensus on this?
>>
>>54327612
Yes if it was half the price just like thinkpad equivalent which is half the price... and same shit.
Surely powerful video cards for scientific research or other purposes such as graphic design and not gaming - but we're on technology board.
>>
>>54339430
It's an alright ultrabook if you don't care about battery life and can't afford a Macbook.
>>
>>54339430

If you're looking for an ultrabook and you don't mind being associated with GAYMERS then it's definitely the best thing you can buy spec/price wise it wins overall in every category but otherwise you're better off with the XPS which just lags shortly behind and is ~$100 more average for similar specs.
>>
>>54339453

Please link me to the thinkpad that's the same specs and half the price please?

>>54339467

There isn't a macbook that's comparable spec wise though? Also if you didn't know there's been an update that boosted battery life comparable to the xps now.
>>
>>54336339

Look it up and see the specs and price then compare it to every other ultrabook on the market and it will speak for itself.

Also if you're into gayming then it can use a external gpu and not run out of date for a long time.
>>
>>54339497
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/p-series/p50/?sb=:00000025:00003C8A:

1322 vs 2000 usd, not really half the price...

but same specs

I lived withe the impression that it was 800 usd - but that's the one I liked but has obviously shittier processor.
>>
>>54339801

Well the difference being that 1 is an ultrabook and the other is a laptop as well. I looked into the P50 it's pretty nice but as you can see with the workstation card and stuff it's going for a different audience.
>>
>>54339848
Yes man you're right, I've mentioned that's the to-go option for everything BUT gaming - the performance on its card is comparable to performance razer laptop gets on gaming.

So if pulling 700 usd more out of your pocket for the chroma colors thing, for portable gaming and you also pay their air cooling optimization and such then it's worth it - but if you're not feeling like overpaying it's not a good option - laptop gaming should be avoided anyway, but it looks promising on Razer laptop... I mean the processor is pretty promising and If I read right the graphics cards go in SLI and give decent performance and ultra.
>>
>>54339880

The core can do SLI? Wow I didn't even realized that. I'm mostly just worried about the $1399 model with the 4k screen and non gaming anyway the core might be something I get but only for the $100 off they are offering and I think it's a unique piece of computer tech.
>>
>>54339902

No only a single gpu.
>>
>>54340064
Yea i've checked apparently only one GPU so 70$ difference can only be justified by you being a gamer and also doing well with money.
>>
>>54340081

You could put one of the new 1xxx nvidia cards in it though (they release at almost the same time if you can wait) and basically have better graphics than anyone else and be mobile I guess.
>>
>>54340108
Or use the money and build a gaming pc that can double in some cases triple it regardless.

If you need portability a cheap laptop will suffice, we don't need gaming while we travel or walk - because there are other forms of entertainment when you do that - and even then don't tell me that when you travel it isn't the best time to game on your handheld device? The library on Nintendo 3DS is so huuuge and so many good games are available.
>>
>>54340081
*meant 700$ but you guys got it obviously... did you? I bet some of you didn't.
>>
>>54340206

Well most people have a desktop and a laptop so it wouldn't make sense to worry only about your desktop. Not to mention you could buy a brand new 1xxx for your desktop and throw your old 6xx, 7xx,9xx in the core either way.

As well it depends on your type of travel. If you're going to be stuck at a hotel in the bum fuck nowhere it'd be cool to bring along a core knowing you'll have the time to knock out some of your steam library or if you know you're going to be at a hotel in a good town you can not bring the core and just use the stealth normally.
>>
>>54327612
oh boy, gaymen laptop
sure, /g/ would love it
>>
>>54327612
>gaming laptop
Why even waste your time and money on one?
It's simply not as good.

Plus razor makes horrible overpriced products. If they can't get it right with a mouse, why would I give them the benefit of the doubt for a laptop?
>>
>>54342252
>>54342447

It's not a gaming laptop...

Also what the fuck is wrong with a deathadder?
>>
>>54342469
Google and the company disagrees with you cunt.
>>
>>54342522

On it being a gaming laptop? Please tell me how it's a gaming laptop without a dedicated gpu?

It's an ultrabook and a damn good one compared to others on the market.
>>
>>54342469
its a piece of shit that breaks in a year like all razer products
>gaming peripherals
>>>/v/
>>
>>54342623

Weird mine's been going strong for 3 years at least.
>>
>>54342547
These are things I have no control over anon, plz direct your anger at the companies responsible for writing misleading articles.
>>
>>54342664

Would you please link the articles and reviews that please.
>>
>>54331355
Trackpad is one of the main benefits of having an XPS
>>
>>54342790
Tried an XPS 13 a few days ago, it's just an average trackpad
>>
>>54343166

Yeah I tried one at Microcenter and didn't see anything special.
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.