[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one post to 4chan? Writing a 4chan client and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1421482469359.png (518 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1421482469359.png
518 KB, 1000x1000
How does one post to 4chan? Writing a 4chan client and it's missing the ability to post
>>
>>54327502
Then who was post?
>>
A FUCKING WEB BROWSER
>>
>>54327545
Posted from Clover
I'm wondering what POST method parameters to use to what
>>
>>54327556
>bloat
>>
>>54327557
Look at the source code of the site and/or 4chanX
>>
>>54327502
Examine the "quote" function somewhere in the minified javascript code of this page.
>>
>>54327580
Don't want to be bound by they're license terms because of how US copyright laws work
Was hoping there'd be neutral documentation on this
>>
>>54327618
You aren't bound by any licenses just by looking at code. And even if you were, 4chanX is MIT licensed meaning you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>54327618
You don't need to copy that code.
Just read it to understand how the posting works.
Then just implement it yourself.

There are 0 legal issues here.
>>
>>54327651
>>54327658
>to some extent we, as Pidgin and libpurple developers, are "tainted"--it could be argued that similar code constructs in a hypothetical from-scratch reimplementation are derivative works of Pidgin and libpurple because of our knowledge of the Pidgin and libpurple code.
From https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/WhyNoiOSVersion
I might wind up taking a look at 4chanX anyway but asked /g/ in case they knew already
>>
>>54327502
solve some captchas or get a 4chan jew pass
>>
>>54327935
That's one of the things I'm wondering about, when you have Javascript disabled you solve a captcha in a frame and copy-paste into a form field, does that require a certain kind of captcha response or will any captcha response by Google work?
>>
>>54327502
Go nuts
https://github.com/4chan/4chan-API/blob/master/README.md
>>
>>54328003
>read only
>>
>>54327502
Fuck off with that pedo shit you autist.
>>
>>54327502
A 4chan client for what? Please tell me it's a minimal command line client that you can still fill out Captchas with, I want to set up a machine with 32-64 MB of RAM for shitposting.
>>
>>54328785
It will have a command line interface for some things, but it'll mostly be X11. Maybe there's a nonfree-javascript-less audio captcha that'll work, but I'm not sure that'll help your system.
>>
>>54328434
kill yourself asap
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.