[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OSX Security
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: mcbook.jpg (18 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
mcbook.jpg
18 KB, 600x300
We all know that Macs can get malware of sorts.
Given that you'd receive one and want to keep it running on OS X, how would you best keep it secure?

What are the best security apps to get; AV's, firewalls, manual scanners?

Any helpful tips besides using common sense, not running random shit?
>>
>>54320598
Wont save you from all the bugs and vulnerabilities...

http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/31/software-with-the-most-vulnerabilities-in-2015-mac-os-x-ios-and-flash/

Install a decent Linux if you want a secure OS.
>>
common sense 2016
>>
>>54320674
That still won't save you if you go with what came out of the box... even the firewall is by default off on macs.
>>
>>54320704
install freebsd
>>
>OSX Security
Daily reminder http://www.cvedetails.com/product/156/Apple-Mac-Os-X.html?vendor_id=49 http://www.cvedetails.com/product/32238/Microsoft-Windows-10.html?vendor_id=26
There's no such thing
>>
>>54320649
>>54320704
>>54320747
>>54320807
OP why do you ask such question in /g/? Its filled with paranoid neets, meanwhile in the real world I'm using osx for development in the last 3 years, never had any security issue of any sort, working with 30+ people that never ever had a problem too - no AV no firewall (if not the one builtin)
>>
>>54320704
Firewalls aren't necessary unless you run some shitty vulnerable server software
>>
dont turn it on

or how about not run OSX
>>
>>54320598
It's not OSX. It's every single OS which enabled 3rd party code execution. Incuding anons "secure linux distribution" >>54320649. I could write you shit that will fuck up anything from commodore to old nokias.
Also listen to this anons >>54320674
>>54320831
>>54320837
>>
>>54320886
Like retardness level of security? It's simple - it's limited to hardware and not software. It would need to:
- run code from readonly memory
- have no access to 3rd party software, this incudes browsing the internet
I think linux on dreamcast ran from CD is pretty close. The worst that can happen is the console reboot lol
>>
>>54320831
>paranoid
OS X had 178 arbitrary code execution vulns in 2015, 73 of which had a CVSS > 9, remind me how something worse than Windows XP can be secure. And I'm not even including the RCE vulns in Safari or even fucking iTunes.
>>
>>54320598
>how would you best keep it secure?
Never turn it on :^)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.