[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free Software Hate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: LinuxIsCommunism.png (171 KB, 644x420) Image search: [Google]
LinuxIsCommunism.png
171 KB, 644x420
Why do non-marxists even bother with this shit? Microsoft Paint has more functionality and ease of use than 80% Ubuntu's default programs. It's not too late lads: buy a nice grown up MacBook or load Windows 7/BSD on your ThinkPad, and join capitalist civilization.
>>
>>54319131
Outside of image processing/manipulation what problems will free software cause me?
>>
>>54319157
If you develop damn near anything with free software be prepared for the legal time bomb that is the GPL. On the casual side there's a laundry list of sluggish/out of date drivers, system bloat, and a lack of optimized, point-click-use software. Hence the never arriving year of the Linux desktop.
>>
Tragedy of the commons: software edition
>>
Open Source is great. Free Software, as a philosofical and moral movement, bites it's own tongue and it's leader is fucking crazy.

What if I don't want to release my code? I fucking worked days to make a software, why I do have to share my work?
>>
>>54319230
>look /g/, I haven't used a Linux distro in 10 years, but I try to look cool!
>>
>>54319230
Depends on what you use. I haven't had to manually install a single driver since I installed Mint.

I couldn't make the same claim for Windows 7.
>>
File: shhhhhhhhhhhutfup.jpg (73 KB, 493x720) Image search: [Google]
shhhhhhhhhhhutfup.jpg
73 KB, 493x720
>>54319230
nice meme bruh.
kill self.
>>
All the redtape and ideology in "GNU" Linux is bullshit, but there really isn't much for an alternative. BSD is supposedly terrible for hardware support
>>
The whole point of having open source software and having complete GNU freedom over what you use is why linux software is provided to you as is, with no hand holding included. If you want an operating system that holds your hand through everything, try ubuntu, windows 10 or os x.
>>
>>54319230
hohohohoho the absolute madman!! he posts THE picture! lunixfags are B T F O, my friend! :))))))
>>
File: allahuakhbar.jpg (22 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
allahuakhbar.jpg
22 KB, 500x416
Nah I'm good, Winblows dumbs down users.
>>
>>54319177
just use BSD programs
>>
File: 1436145562350.jpg (22 KB, 255x170) Image search: [Google]
1436145562350.jpg
22 KB, 255x170
>>54319396
>Linux is more stable, less bug riddled, and has seamless driver compatibility.
>>
Reminder you cannot do shit against some programmer or group of programmers who decide to make something and then decide to release it under a FOSS license

The whole internet works on FOSS, most machines on this planet run on FOSS.

A group of dumb winbabbies hating FOSS wont make any differnecet
>>
>>54320444
Thats right
Thats the reason it runs on servers, satellites, embedded devices, cars, airplanes, ISS, and literally everywhere but your gaymen PC
>>
>>54319360
>What if I don't want to release my code? I fucking worked days to make a software, why I do have to share my work?
Then you should understand the pain of the developer who has to write the exact same code as you right from scratch, why not release your code and make his life easier

Then again you could choose not to, nobody is going to be mad at you for that
>>
using Gimp feels like a ~2003 photoshop clone.
losing the adobe creative suite is one reason I can't fully move to Linux.
>>
File: linux roolz, okay?.png (405 KB, 850x719) Image search: [Google]
linux roolz, okay?.png
405 KB, 850x719
>he needs something better than GIMP to make dank memes.
>>
>>54320671
I just love for everyone in these FOSS hate threads is a professional who works in 3D modeling/animation or top graphic designer making 300k/yr or mixing audio for movies and getting a top pay or engineer designing the most complex hardware on earth.
>>
There are two types of open source projects: The first type is the software built by womanless losers on SourceForge who have so much fucking free time in their lives that they can take hours out of their day to contribute to some worthless open source project that like everything else in their pathetic lives they won’t complete. They won’t document it. They won’t fix the legions of bugs that they built into the software. They will just fade away leaving their code-turd forever stinking up the digital domain.
The second type of open source project is maybe even more insidious than the first. It’s the corporate open source project. This is the project which is directed by, funded by and whom all of the contributors are employed by large corporations. It’s open source to better their market position or to encourage the use of their services. I’m fine with that. I’m a lover of capitalism. What disgusts me are you doe-eyed open source hippies that swallow the bullshit they are feeding you. You naive losers are being bamboozled by your corporate masters because you don’t understand how marketing works. They are contributing to the open source “movement” not to make the world a better place or set software free or build a code utopia or whatever nonsense you believe they are doing it to gain consulting services market share, raise brand awareness or the sell their proprietary solutions that complement the “free ones.”
>>
>>54319230
Actually Linux doesn't take that long to get installed and working.

The reason they don't get to *actually* use it much is because GNU/Linux users care more about telling people they "use linux" and how much they hate Windows than caring about Linux and making good use of it.
>>
>>54319427
>I couldn't make the same claim for Windows 7.

This is dumbfuck argument.
Get any Linux distro from 2009 when Windows 7 was released and see how well it works on the latest machine out (Protip: I've tried and even 2013 distros can't detect my notebooks USB 3.0 ports or the internal storage meaning it can't even be installed).

At least Windows 10 is rolling and update their ISO's so this point is almost mot for Windows now too.
>>
Tha'ts why I use Winodws 10 and Chorme, i want stuff to work out of the bag you know what I'm saying?

some people have lives and work to do
>>
>>54319131
Nice failed capitalist windows phone faggot.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.