[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that the Mid-2012 non-Retina Macbook Pros are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: prod-369[1].jpg (118 KB, 1200x678) Image search: [Google]
prod-369[1].jpg
118 KB, 1200x678
Daily reminder that the Mid-2012 non-Retina Macbook Pros are the last good Macbooks Apple made. The Retina models all cuck you out of upgradeability and ease of maintenance, are far less affordable compared to a maxed out non-Retina for relatively small performance gains, and are more prone to throttling and overheating.
>>
>>54318387
>upgradeability
8/256gb are plenty for a mobile device.

>ease of maintenance
Which you rarely need if at all.

>far less affordable
Try having a job.

> performance gains
Almost any laptop from 2012 on has enough performance, who cares about that. Better screen and battery life make rMBP a no brainer.
>>
>>54318387
I would agree, shame they're fucking $800 second hand here and like $1600 new.
>>
>>54318387

>more prone to throttling and overheating.

Retinas have much better cooling, nice try.
>>
>>54318387
>last good Macbooks Apple made
>Apple made
Its still an Apple product so its garbage.
>>
>>54318488
Depends on where you look. I got a like-new used 13" MBP, box and all, for $600. Added a 240GB SSD and 16GB RAM for around $150 extra. Would have loved the i7 variant, but this is more than enough for average shitposting and compiling shit on Linux.
>>
>>54318662
Should have mentioned, "here" for me is Australia. Forgot I wasn't on /pol/.
>>
>>54318518

not to mention their utter shit hitachi hard drives going out after just a few months
>>
File: pGi2jx6.jpg (522 KB, 800x3740) Image search: [Google]
pGi2jx6.jpg
522 KB, 800x3740
>daily reminder that Snow Leopard is the Windows 7 of OSX
>>
I have one and the screen is trash for anything >Mavericks

Whether on purpose or not, with BOTH of their new fonts, Helvetica and San Francisco it causes eye strain because they are so thin there are jaggies all over the place and they reduced the overall font size and contrast. It got slightly better with San Francisco but it's still shit. Fucking windows with boot camp has better readability now.
This is exactly the reason I'm upgrading to a retina MBP and I wouldn't recommend anyone getting the non retina ones unless you a) don't use OSX or b) downgrade to Mavericks
>>
>>54319326
You know there's an app that changes the font back to Lucida Grande, right?
>>
>>54319379
Yeah, but...
>>
>>54318387
you're preaching the truth
>>54318444
you're an idiot, the battery is constantly degrading and cannot be user replaced on the rMBP.
>>
Daily reminder that Intel-based laptops before 2009 are the greatest ones ever made, as they use a processor with freedom of control.
>>
>>54319412
Safari is mostly where issues crop up, and it only really happens when you exceed 5 tabs or so.
>>
>>54319643
Well, considering Safari is the fastest option that's gonna be a problem.
>>
>>54318387
>the last good Macbooks Apple made

That would require having made a good one first.
>>
>>54318444
trips cant lie. im becoming a macfag now
>>
>>54319415
why does it need to be user replaced when apple will do it for free?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.