[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My room mate is having a huge issue with his computer being that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
My room mate is having a huge issue with his computer being that he can't install Overwatch, the game he is most excited for. The problem being is that it says it needs to be a 64 bit OS in order to run it, although he has Windows 7 64 bit edition installed
The customer support from Blizzard said that it might be that he doesn't have the proper updates installed on 7, so he tried updating. However, he learned that his computer is not properly installing updates and hasn't been for like 5 months.
Is there a solution to a problem like this? The troubleshooting on their website hasn't worked for the error codes it reported, and he doesn't just want to clean install.
tl,dr; retard roommate can't update Win7, wat do?
>>
>>54317553
get a new roommate.
>>
Get an xbox lol
>>
Plenty of things could have gone wrong. Does he have a decent anti-virus?
Have you tried a registry fix?
Are you certain that you've tried ALL the MS solutions (there are a BUNCH)?
Have you tried System Restoring windows to a time earlier than the last time it updated?

If you're gonna resist the easy solution, expect it to take time. The fact that YOU are the one asking makes me believe that you trying to fix the problem for him. If that's the case, make sure you charge for it.

Otherwise, it isn't your problem.
>>
>$currentyear
>playing videogames
What are you 14?
>>
>>54317553
Contact pajeet.
Downgrade to Windows 10.
>>
Post on a tech support forum
>>
>>54317553
Something got fucked with my Win7 updates, too. Even did a fresh re-install and it hung contacting the update service. Think my product key got flagged or something.
>>
Windows updates breaking is a pretty common issue. Have fun.
>>
>>54317553
https://superuser.com/questions/951960/windows-7-sp1-windows-update-stuck-checking-for-updates

Look at the post by Moab, might help.
>>
File: 1461841749982.jpg (56 KB, 482x404) Image search: [Google]
1461841749982.jpg
56 KB, 482x404
>>54317553
>However, he learned that his computer is not properly installing updates and hasn't been for like 5 months.
Why are people like this allowed to own computers?

He's more concerned about having to spend a day setting up Windows again than he is about his system's security.

>>>/v/
>>
READ THE STICKY
E
A
D

T
H
E

S
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>54317613
MS Solutions don't even fucking do anything, they're copypasted cookie cutter responses that can be probably done by automation.
>>
>>54317553
>my roommate is having a problem
so why are you asking us
>>
File: 1453376785582.png (181 KB, 389x421) Image search: [Google]
1453376785582.png
181 KB, 389x421
>Installing windows updates
>>
>>54317947
Because I had a problem with my computer the other night where looking up the relative keywords yielded nothing and some nice guy spoonfed me the thing, alternatively, why reply?
>>54317856
I love the guy, he is a great friend, but holy shit trying to work computers with him is hard. The only thing he has over me is that I decided to make a Mini-ITX build
>>54317947
He has helped me out a fair share and when I told him to ask /g/, he wasn't having it. Also his computer takes like 15 seconds to boot Firefox what the fuccck
>>54317851
Will try, thanks
>>
>>54317553
You may try to use WSUS Offline.
>>
>>54319036
Consider suicide
>>
>>54319246
every day
>>
>>54317553
Install Windows 10
???
Profit
>>
>>54317930
> Automation
They're not. But they would be better if they were.
>>
Some updates don't install properly. MS pushes updates to fix other updates not installing properly. Use /sqt/ desu.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.