[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, first year CS major here. Finals are coming up and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_m99htdkhM31qiaif5o1_500.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m99htdkhM31qiaif5o1_500.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
Hey /g/, first year CS major here. Finals are coming up and I'm in the process of studying. What's the best way to study for a computer science exam?

Exams are given on paper and require hand written coding. (stupid imo).

We are learning C++. What are some good resources I can utilize? What would be the best way to study? So far I've been going over old projects and making little programs for each specific topic we are covering. I NEED to do well on this exam. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks /g/.
>>
>>54316798
meth. lots of meth.
>>
>>54316798
Stop shitposting and actually go write some programs.
>>
Cheat.
>>
>>54316798
Study what you learned in class?

If you don't even know how to find what you need to study you're fucked.
>>
>>54316833
already got that kinda covered, but it's the legal version. Thank god for having ADD.

>>54317123
I know what I need to study and I've covered all of it already. I just want to know if there's any better ways to study rather than just reading and coding. If there are any online resources or sites that could possibly help me quiz or test myself, etc.
>>
>>54317142
Alright in that case you should have no problem getting an A. Do you think your professor comes on 4chan and gets input to write secret questions that you can only answer with /g/s help? Either you know it or you don't. If you know what to study and have studied it but aren't confident you will get a good grade then study more.
>>
>>54317171
I hope so.

And no, but my professor is a dick. He's very boring and he loves changing things up pretty drastically to things we're not used to.
>>
>>54316798
>going over old projects and making little programs for each specific topic we are covering

That sounds good enough.

If you find a section you don't fully understand, make sure you skim over the textbook's chapter on that.
>>
Out of curiosity, how far have you gotten in C++?

Pointers? Classes/Objects? Templates? STL?
>>
>>54316798
>Exams are given on paper and require hand written coding. (stupid imo).
>(stupid imo)
End yourself.
>>
>>54317510
our last unit we learned about classes/objects. But we touched base on ADT's and a few other topics. But we just have to know the concepts for the exam. I probably wont take the next class because I don't think I'm cut out to be a CS major.
>>
>tfw in third level C++ class, about to go through finals, and still have no idea how to do anything at all in C++ due to cheating on every test and every project and yet still passign classes
Feels kinda bad man
>>
>>54318287
paying money to cheat yourself out of an education and career. Nice job smegma eater.
>>
>>54318287
shit is definitely going to get real once you're out in the real world.

You fucked up.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.