[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you worried 5g will penetrate tin foil hats? Its marketed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Are you worried 5g will penetrate tin foil hats?

Its marketed as being 100x faster then 4g speeds.

That sounds like alot more radio waves buzzing around, and Im worried we might be in trouble.
>>
1gbps connection speeds to your cellphone is really impressive but it still cant penetrate tin foil, it will just bounce off like current 4g/lte signals do.

It may however find a way in if your hat is not properly fitted. So if you do wear a loose tin, which I highly recommend you do not...

You may want to tighten up.

stay safe
>>
File: 1443310654988.jpg (32 KB, 424x645) Image search: [Google]
1443310654988.jpg
32 KB, 424x645
>penetrate
l-lwed
>>
Cell signals penetrate buildings and mountains, but you think a 5mm layer of foil will protect you?
>>
File: jewing_intensifies.gif (378 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
jewing_intensifies.gif
378 KB, 208x200
>>54315609
We still won't actually see the improvements in speed because the jews are going to throttle it no matter what. Same thing happened with 4g:
>UPGRADE TO 4G GOY, IT'S 10 TIMES FASTER!
>*throttles it down to 1.5 mbps*
>SORRY GOYIM, WE MEANT IT'S FASTER FOR US BUT NOT FOR YOU! WE NEED THAT EXTRA SPEED SO WE CAN FIT MORE GOOD GOYS ON THE NETWORK!
The 4g in australia is dial up tier and telcos are evil.
>>
>>54315609
Wireless data is not in the radio frequency bands
>>
>>54315609
>5g
>meanwhile my shit country can barely get full 3g or 4g speeds
Thanks australia, also the coverage is terrible.

Biggest wireless network my ass more like the slowest and smallest.
>>
the higher the frequency, the less material penetration the wave will have. In fact, it will be less effective at penetrating tinfoil than any other commonly-used radio frequency band!
>>
>>54315827
Test it, wrap up your phone in foil and call it from a different phone to see what happens . Do it for science.
>>
>>54316147

Doesn't work. Even those expensive law enforcement faraday bags are shit.
>>
>>54315827
5mm is really fucking thick
>>
>>54316323

That's assuming there is two layers. For tin foil to really work, or any faraday cage really, it would have to have a sizeable ground. It's next to impossible to have a mobile faraday cage. The closest you could get would be to have one in your car with it grounded to your car.
>>
>>54315827
Cell signals shouldn't be penetrating buildings and mountains.

I am 95% confident that cell signals bounce off the ceiling of the atmosphere to get where it needs to be going, and through windows to penetrate buildings. It should be trivial though for the signal to penetrate cubicle plastic.
>>
>>54316357

Cell signals pentrate building all the time. You can test this by placing a call in a room with no windows. It won't penetrate much earth, but you'll still get a signal 5-10 feet down.
>>
>>54315609
That's how radio waves work. The more data, the more penetration.
>>
>>54315609
>VERY fast ultra mobile broadband at incredible 5G speed.jpg
>>
>>54315849
>Australia
Found your problem
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.