[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate this rat so fucking much >America should be a lea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11
File: they-trust-me-dumb-zuckerberg.jpg (68 KB, 630x450) Image search: [Google]
they-trust-me-dumb-zuckerberg.jpg
68 KB, 630x450
I hate this rat so fucking much

>America should be a leader in computer science education, yet today most schools don't even offer this foundational subject. Please join the CEOs, governors, and education leaders below and ask Congress to support computer science in every K-12 school – for our children, and for their future.
>Every student in America should have this opportunity

https://www.change.org/p/offer-computer-science-in-our-public-schools
>>
>>54314407
And this is wrong because... ?
>>
>>54314422
Were you forced to learn Electrical Engineering in 4th grade? No, because you don't need to. Programming is not an essential skill that everyone needs to know, just as Electrical Engineering is not essential either.
>>
>>54314451
It certainly doesn't hurt anyone.
>>
>>54314482
Except for the current labor market.
>>
>>54314500
How so? I'd think in the near future more programmers will be needed.
>>
>>54314451
This was the prevailing opinion towards reading in the 1400s. Things sure have changed.
>>
>>54314422
I don't have a problem offering CS classes, I just don't think they should be mandatory.
When you make something mandatory, it takes away the interest and excitement about it.

America is something like 35th in maths and about the same in science and language comprehension. There are certainly much more important things for the education system to be working on.
>>
That's be interesting in theory if America just became a CS powerhouse.
>>
>>54314530
I know, we could be just like India!
>>
>>54314513
Not him, but the market is already oversaturated with mediocre programmers and CS enrollment is at all-time highs in a lot of universities.
So schools are pumping out a ton of CS grads, but there is a very limited number of positions available.

The real reason is that Facebook is tired of paying their employees $120k/yr, so they want to flood the market with cheap labor to lower costs.
>>
>>54314407
What the fuck is wrong with his fucking face?
I dunno if /g/ posters are cherry picking,but every time I see a pic posted of him(about a dozen or more) He either has a
>emotionless 1000 yard stare
>fake"trust me dumb fucks" smile
>full on retardoline mongolerooni herp durp expression

Is he a genuine Jew?
>>
>>54314514
>programming is as important as human expression
You are a fucking moron.
>>
>>54314556
Yes he's genuinely Jewish, and google image search him, that's his face in every single picture
>>
>>54314556
>What the fuck is wrong with his fucking face?
He's jew.
>>
>There are currently over 500,000 open computing jobs, in every sector, from manufacturing to banking, from agriculture to healthcare, but only 50,000 computer science graduates a year
>>
>>54314601
Oh, lordy.

I'm starting to think that this is just a ploy to open sidestreets for placing pressure on Congress to increase H1B visas.
>>
>>54314601
That must be H1B visa.

I hardly see any american on where I work.
>>
I heard something on the radio about how there will be a million more CS jobs in the US per year than there will be CS grads from the US. Is this true? If so, does this mean more Indians or better pay for us?
>>
>>54314407
Considering that half of the American student body is niggers and spics, I see no reason why America will ever produce enough CS graduates under any circumstances.
>>
>>54314743
Do you honestly believe that there are >1 million job openings in CS-related work?
It's a bullshit figure to:
1. Get more people into CS so they can flood the market and lower wages
2. Get increased H-1B caps, for dirt cheap curry workers
>>
>>54314451
This is one of most stupid analogy ever.

Being capable of coming answers by yourself to resolve various problems it's something that every kid should be taught to.
>>
>>54314451
>Teaching logic, analytical thinking, and problem solving is a bad idea.

Keep on rocking America.
>>
I was in a technical highschool. We had basic electronics and electricity and programming in JS and C++ (and chem and bio majors). Some people suck at programming. Like, really fucking suck. If you have difficultly with algebra you're not going to program any better. That said anybody who was decent in math could handle it.

If you want the kids to have an experience that isn't watered down, limit the course to students who get 80s or better in math
>>
>>54314885
Programming doesn't teach that, it requires that.
Analytical thinking in general has been thrown out the window since everything is based on standardized testing.

Problem solving skills should definitely be integrated into the math classes much, much earlier. Instead, we just tell kids to memorize a formula and regurgitate it for the monthly standardized test.
>>
>>54314407
This fucker ruined the internet. Social media is the fucking bane of the modern world and this faggot is to blame for all of it. I fucking hate him so god damned much.
>>
>>54314407
Yet he only hires foreigners with H1B visas to exploit them for cheaper wages.
>>
File: 10iraq.jpg (116 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
10iraq.jpg
116 KB, 1000x500
>>54314407
topkek
>>
>>54314885
>hurr CS is the fundamentals of logic, analytical thinking, and problem solving

It's the other way around, you fucking brainlet. Glad to see you're still at work Rajeesh.
>>
>>54314938
Blame Harvard niggers who actually used it in the beginning. If they didn't start using, the world would be so much more fun. Most people would see the internet as a means of getting information, while social recluses like us would use it for forums and shit like this.
>>
>>54315033
everyone would just be on myspace, it would be no different
>>
>>54315084
I honestly cannot remember a single (normal) person who used myspace. Everyone in my area that used it was emo. On the otherhand, Facebook is ubiquitous, everyone uses it.
>>
>>54314960
>can't get a hot white woman
>implying zuckercuck is white
Can't get one of YHVH's chosen women is more like it.

Man, Zuckerberg didn't even get an attractive qt east-Asian girl, what the fuck was he thinking?
>>
>>54315127
That's because when MySpace was popular, so was the emo trend.
>>
>>54315010
If they go hand in hand then working on any skill will enhance others. Or do you really believe that working on real life examples does nothing to strengthen that relationship? Maybe if you just copy paste from stack overflow you can come up with a solution without learning. Then you can complain about the h1bs taking your job.
>>
>>54315141
>what the fuck was he thinking?
>I should marry this UCLA medical doctor
>Yeah, with my blatant disregard for privacy and her medical degree, we can make fat stacks between the two of us

>inb4 what the fuck was she thinking
>I should marry this web designer
>Yeah, with the retarded medical pricing we have in this country and his dropout billionaire status, we an make fat stacks between the two of us

Richfags have no concern other than for money. Or they genuinely loved each other, but that's fucking boring and we all know that the Zuck is a minion of Lucifer himself.
>>
>>54315201
The reptile in man's skin is fucking loaded though. What's stopping him from finding a cute well educated chink? Nothing.

He'll regret it later. Farm the rice, pay the price.
>>
You could teach the little shits discrete math and have a course on logic if the whole argument is 'muh critical thinking' and not to generate a bunch of 'rockstar' babies who troll github for the answers to their work. That would require that the instructors were up to par which is seldom true. Most teachers are pretty shit and couldn't learn this for themselves let alone teach it.
>>
>>54314552
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU1xS07N-FA
I guess we can thank this video for that
>>
>>54314885
This is already available with math and science. Adding more subjects just deteriorates the quality of subjects already taught in classrooms.
>>
>leaving it up to the American school system to teach CS
This is fucking fantastic. They'll be so bad at programming and they'll hate it so much that it will be in our benefit. They'll teach just like they teach math, and you'll get a bunch of kids not knowing what the fuck they're doing, memorizing random syntax and stackoverflow code, and by the end of their senior year they'll have no fucking clue what they learned those 12 years. I'm cumming already, thanks zuckerfuck.
>>
It's so they can have a huge labor pool of hungry young computer people in the future

It's just beginning boys

>whitey complains that other races are taking the computer jobs

As much as I want to see the white race prevail again, they have only themselves to blame
I'm not getting into the reasons why, but it should be obvious to anyone who can just be honest with themselves

>Patel worked hard and got a Masters in computer science, went to Harvard
>Stacy got an arts degree and fucked a lot of guys
>>
Jesus fuck this thread has gone full /pol/.

Nobody here has any reading comprehension skills. It's not to make CS mandatory to all students, its so that every school at least offers it. A lot of schools still have no CS class.
>>
>>54315471
>A lot of schools still have no CS class.
That's because schools can't afford it - they can barely afford to pay for the math and English teachers, let alone electives.
>>
>>54314451
don't think we need to sink moneyz into such programs, because i'll be the fucking one paying for it, not fag-bag zuckerfag
>>
oh god, can't we not flood the market? before you know it, a typical starting salary will be 30k
>>
>>54315390
>They'll be so bad at programming and they'll hate it so much that it will be in our benefit.
I can see it now, high schools teaching students to cd into non-existent directories and calling it programming.
>>
I have no problem with tech being taught in schools, in fact it should be taught. But I have a funny feeling that the books students are given will have more than a little Zuckerberg bias. Public school textbooks are not usually good, and in a lot of the US they are sponsored by fucking fast food companies. I don't want facebook propaganda in our schools.
>>
>>54314885
Then teach logic, analytical thinking and problem solving, not epic Javascript coding rockstar memes.
>>
My little sister has to take a class for typing. I think that this and a few courses that teach how to use office suites are all people should ever be required to take. Everything else should be optional and if they decide to learn more about something it's up to them.
>>
File: 1410901544301.png (100 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1410901544301.png
100 KB, 250x250
So the ultimate goal here is to reduce the labor costs involved in hiring programmers. If you think otherwise, you are an extremely naive and gullible person. There is a concerted effort right now to drive down the salaries for programmers (and basically anyone with a tech job.) Apple, Google, Intel and Adobe all colluded not to hire each other workers, to decrease competition for the labor, and they were found guilty of doing so. Meanwhile all of these companies and Facebook are lobbying for more H1B workers and other visas.

Adjusted for inflation, American workers as a whole haven't really seen a raise in the last 40 years. The only people seeing real income gains are in the top 10%, and the top 1% takes the lion's share of that.

Corporate America doesn't want this problem addressed. The current manifestation of this problem is unconventional, "extremist" politicians becoming more popular, on both sides of the political aisle. It is not a left or ring wing problem, it is a middle class problem.

Teaching programming in grade school is simply one more attempt to crush out the few occupations left in this country that are capable of generating a healthy, middle class income. Keep in mind Americans gave up on having a single breadwinner decades ago. The next things corporate America wants them to give up are benefits and ultimately retirement.

They don't need to teach programming to K-12 students. What they need to teach is a fucking finance class. But financially-aware people, who are capable of understanding how much they are getting fucked, aren't really desirable for our international elite. They want skilled workers, willing to do a lot for very little in return, and who are basically rendered into being indentured servants by skyrocketing healthcare and housing costs.

I predict the problem either gets resolved in the next 20 years or this country descends into third world chaos like we see in South America right now.
>>
>>54315831
>courses that teach how to use office suites
Ok grandpa.
>>
>>54315947
Useful shit. I wish I knew all the nuances of Excel before I started working.
>>
>>54315870
>Keep in mind Americans gave up on having a single breadwinner decades ago.
Fucking hell, mass integration of women in the workplace really was a disaster for civilized countries. There's a damn good reason for all these women in tech pushes, it's to drag tech down just like every other field that suffered when women entered the workplace en mass. And the feminists that push it are just useful idiots for the companies themselves who benefit from the reduced wages they get to pay because of less scarcity in the field.

I want OFF this fucking ride, man.
>>
I doubt they will be able to teach programming effectively as a mandatory subject like math. The attrition rate in CS programs is insane, and this is just for the group of people who are genuinely interested in programming: it's a very demanding discipline. How do the powers that be expect kids to learn anything more advanced than "Hello World!" when much more capable adults are struggling with it in college?
>>
>hey, what's the best way to get more cheap disposable labor from the goyim?
>>
>>54316234
same answer the government always comes up with for problems.
>Mo' money fo' dem' programz!
>>
>>54314422
It will flood the job market and make my skills less valuable. That's why after graduating I'm going to start voting to slash all education budgets.
>>
>>54314407
Hey fuck you schools need more education and less bullshit "classes" (Gay clubs, safe-spaces,women studies, etc) There is nothing wrong with having more opportunities for people that want that career path. We also need to bring back things like Woodshop too.
>>
>>54314522

do they have a figure with blacks and mexicans excluded?
>>
File: bravo kojima.jpg (489 KB, 1920x2232) Image search: [Google]
bravo kojima.jpg
489 KB, 1920x2232
Do you know what day it was yesterday, Jack?
>>
>>54316234
churn rate in my CS course was fucking hilarious. It had to have been 75% people dropped
>>
>>54316854
>went to a school with computer programming/IT classes and woodshop
God bless IN education
>>
>>54314407
I got that email, too.

Motherfucker is going out and hiring Indians in droves, but is hedging his bets in case Trump actually manages to fulfill his promises, so that he can continue to pay monkeys near-nothing.

There is nothing about this person that I like, and every time he opens his mouth, I loathe him even more.

If there was one single person I could erase throughout all of history, it would be this slimy fuck.
>>
>>54314407
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj9V8VAmwOc
>>
>tfw programming becomes the new blue collar job
>tfw we become the equivalent of factory niggers
>>
>>54316234
>cs
>it's a very demanding discipline.
cs is a goddamn joke. at least the definition of 'computer science' that most universities use.

especially now that society is churning out 'coders' who spew out javascript and can claim to write 'server apps' with node.js who have their hands held through every possible piece of needed code being available as an already written npm module and every possible question already answered on stack overflow.
>>
File: 1459566014092.png (291 KB, 563x480) Image search: [Google]
1459566014092.png
291 KB, 563x480
What's the point if all the IT jobs are being outsourced to pajeets and mexicans?
>>
>>54318151
Outsourced jobs are shit, they have found

So now they want cheap in house labor to maintain their frameworks built by actual programmers
>>
>>54317411
I haven't played any of Kojima's games, but he seems to have called a lot of things happening today.

Damn...
>>
>>54318151
>mexicans

I'd rather have mexicans than iranian and indian programmers, but that's just me..
>>
>>54314451
What should be the essential skills of people nowadays? We need to reform after all.
>>
>>54314885
I never saw a sigma until first year college.
Our high school was second in the county.

Teaching computers is all that's being done in schools.
Fuck; every year opens with a computer seminar in the library, elementary, middle, and high.
I remember using a computer in class to paint a cover for, and make a Word document in two-thousand-fucking-one.

More ThinkCentres aren't going to solve this problem.
An iPad for each student in school isn't going to teach them logic, statistics, or probability, all of which are lacking in American math classes.
>>
>>54319027
>An iPad for each student in school isn't going to teach them logic, statistics, or probability, all of which are lacking in American math classes.

So what will?
>>
>>54319063
Teachers
>>
>>54314561
technologic advancements make humanity more and more reliant on tasks which humans can't fulfill in certain scales.

why would it be a bad idea to not know how to learn computer language to make use of it in the future?
>>
File: gay.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>54314960
you are so correct my friend
>>
>>54316234
I doubt they will be able to teach math effectively as a mandatory subject like english. The attrition rate in math programs is insane, and this is just for the group of people who are genuinely interested in math: it's a very demanding discipline. How do the powers that be expect kids to learn anything more advanced than algebra when much more capable adults are struggling with it in college?
>>
Whats really funny is that people like Mark Zuckerberg and other Silicon Valley tech billionaires put their kids in schools that have a strict no computer policy while pushing for more computers in schools
>>
File: i_am_disgruntled.png (352 KB, 651x539) Image search: [Google]
i_am_disgruntled.png
352 KB, 651x539
>>54314706
This is it.
>>
Why does /g/ think computer science is programming?
>>
This thread is sour grapes general. Stop being envious of moguls just because they had foresight and the work ethic to make their projects come true.

Besides social media was bound to happen anyway
>>
>>54316234
Computer science is not even programming. I wish burgers just stopped calling software engineering, computer engineering, web development and other unrelated bullshit 'computer science'. Unfortunately, there are only a few universities that do this right. On the other hand, thankfully, they're the better ones.

>>54316522
Not it won't. Are you a code monkey or something?
>>
Basic shit makes sense at schools.
Life is basically computers now you should know how to computer. I mean I'm not staying teach kids assessembly. But babby stuff like HTML and even java are very useful skills. I mean shit kids spend 90% of their time in web browsers these days and everyone should be able to set up a site.

I'll tell you what's really fucking useless, mandatory Language classes when you already speak fucking English.
>>
File: hey.webm (765 KB, 850x1080) Image search: [Google]
hey.webm
765 KB, 850x1080
people should learn to shut their big fucking mouth once in a while
>>
>>54321795
>software engineering
People avoid this term cause of the sheer fucking cringe in calling it engineering.
>>
>>54314561
Programming is human expression
>>
>>54321862
Don't you have a cock to suck?
>>
File: 1459404078674.jpg (57 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1459404078674.jpg
57 KB, 500x400
>Everyone knows how to code
>Wages drop as the field becomes even MORE over saturated than it already is
>>
>>54314422
cheap labor
>>
>>54321964
I'm actually a cock engineer. It's like a mechanical engineer. Only i just suck cock, I'm sure its just as hard and I'm just as skilled though, totally related as well.
>>
File: 1459765131294.jpg (6 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
1459765131294.jpg
6 KB, 227x225
YES
we need more kids to look at monitors
>>
>what is increasingly a basic skill is only available to the lucky few, leaving most students behind, particularly students of color and girls.
Yeah, the "lucky few" who actually have more than two brain cells to actually go to a local library/internet and take as many books and online courses on computer science.

Jesus Christ, I hope traditional schooling methods become obsolete, and only the "lucky few", who know how to use a valuable tool get to make dosh.
>>
File: are you.jpg (46 KB, 480x690) Image search: [Google]
are you.jpg
46 KB, 480x690
>>54322119
>particularly students of color and girls
Why don't they just say that the """"lucky few"""" are fucking white males? Oh right, that would be raycis.
>>
>>54314482
>It certainly doesn't hurt anyone.
But it takes time away from teaching something else.
Maybe the something else is more valuable, or not.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.