[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sorry for wrong orientation, can anyone tell me what the hell this is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Snapchat-332075399208704140.jpg (588 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-332075399208704140.jpg
588 KB, 1080x1920
sorry for wrong orientation, can anyone tell me what the hell this is?
>>
walle's head mounted to a car
>>
stereographic cameras

I would want to know what the hell is he doing with them.
>>
>>54313664
Are those cameras? Maybe some kind of home rigged lane guidance system?
>>
>>54313664
Stereoscopic systems maybe. Can be used to generate a 3D point cloud of the car's surroundings.

Maybe he's some researcher in some computer vision applications, I don't know.
>>
>>54313698
autopilot maybe?
>>
File: op.png (451 KB, 583x681) Image search: [Google]
op.png
451 KB, 583x681
>>54313664
Why don't you get a haircut m8? You look like one of those 12yo skater kids
>>
>>54313721
very doubtfully.
he would need front vision above all else, and stereo vision is not even necessary for that.

I think he's forming a 3D map of some sort, but them again, angling is very weird and he'll be missing any and all data from the spaces the car's occupying.

some weird shit he's doing with em.
>>
>>54313664
Xbox kinect
>>
>>54313761
lol reminds me of this
>>54313807
>>
File: prof oak.jpg (30 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
prof oak.jpg
30 KB, 550x550
>>
ITT no one from socal
>>
>>54313761
im a 19yo "skater kid" lololol
>>
>>54313664
talking to my family, they it might be a cop car rolling through parking lots picking up tags. would make sense given the angle of the cameras
>>
>>54313664
lel all u faggots not respecting your freedoms

those are automated license plate readers or ALPR, basically ocr on steroids

works in the near infrared band I believe. Looks like an unmarked cop car.

get his plate so we can add it to the database to avoid him
>>
>>54314424
>Looks like an unmarked cop car.
It certainly does NOT look like a cop car
>>
>>54313664
They're license plate readers you dipshits.
>>
>>54314443
>>54314424
>>54314418
thread resolved lololol
>>
Hey is that you Josh?
>>
>>54314440
>doesnt give reasons why not
k go be nigger somewhere else

theirs clearly a laptop seen from the window
>>
Is this in a carpark? They have these in Australia for checking how long you have been parked so they can fine you is you stayed too long. It reads number plates and then they can just look up your address to send the fine
>>
A car
>>
>>54314501
walmart parking lot. so same idea
>>
>>54313664
License plate reader. I know a guy who uses them for his towing company. They use a database of all cars that either has payment issues or has some sort of issue with the state's DMV (usually expired registration) and scan all the cars that pass by the cameras for a match. Then they have a tow truck follow up and impound the vehicle if the vehicle was parked, or they stick around until the owner leaves the vehicle before calling the tow truck in.
They normally deploy them in poorer areas because those places have a much higher frequency of payment delinquencies or expired registrations.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.