[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: 423989-google-glass[1].png (87 KB, 738x416) Image search: [Google]
423989-google-glass[1].png
87 KB, 738x416
What went wrong?
>>
glasses are for nerds
>>
Car crashes
>>
Google registering every single thing it sees or hears was quite the bummer.
Funny thing is that google captha is saving and storing this post aswell.
>>
Shit battery life, no one wanted to pay $1500 for a novelty that only lasts 2 hours and looks ridiculous.
>>
>>54312323
even normals are not retarded enough to pay 1500USD for headmounted surveillance cameras
>>
they tried to take a smartwatch and remove even more available input
>>
>>54312323
Pretty much everything.
>>
>>54312323
People stopped trusting me when I stated at them jewishly.
>>
>>54312323
People don't like wearing glasses.
I don't why people thing "Smart contact lenses" are a good idea? I literally spent 12k to fix my eyesight so I don't have to wear bullshit glasses or contacts
What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
The fact that people made the term "Glassholes"
>>
>>54314680
>I don't why people think*
typo
>>
>>54312323
>your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.
Literally 90% of "tech" companies now
>>
The technology it needed to be useful wasn't there yet
>>
>>54314722
this has plenty of use, much more in enterprise with the potential of data input that optical reading could have as well as other data recording that it would allow. When/if it gets refined this is probably going to replace the typical handheld enterprise data input device

There's potential, it's just the pricing and lack of computing power/battery/software
>>
>>54314805
>lack of computing power/battery/software
that's what he meant, the tech is not there yet. Not that the utility wasn't there
>>
>>54312323
the camera
>>
>>54314821
you would be surprised how much application the current hardware iteration could have had if they released and marketed it properly. Certain corps would pay right away if it meant shaving time off a process and pay again for updated versions.
Google can't into marketing for shit and they let R&D go crazy while not having any end focus. Hardware could easily be fine tuned in future iterations but the company has no aim for many of its products in general.
>>
>>54314700

This. The internet of things hype is built entirely on this premise...nobody stops to think who is really going to pay $100 for a smart toaster

>but bro my AC knows when I'm coming home so I can shut it off and save money but not really because you expend more energy over a larger temperature differential
>>
>>54314987
Don't forget you're paying 12.95 a month + the added electricity and WiFi to the toaster company for them to monitor you and sell your data
>>
>>54315064
>'VISUAL OVERLAY INTERFACES'
augmented reality
>>
>>54315044

Which brings us to the other awful tech fad of big data, where nobody stops to think why terabytes of toasting data are useful but can still find $10 million in venture capital for their Toasting Analytics Cloud Server which allows bread companies to deploy targeted ad campaigns
>>
>>54315095

IS THAT WHAT IT'S CALLED OK THEN

GOD I HATE CLIPBOARDS
>>
>>54312323
>Pointing a camera right in your face that records video for Google
>>
File: magic leap.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
magic leap.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
>>54312323
It didn't have any sharks.
>>
Insecure people being afraid of cameras.

That thing being ugly as sin.

Google marketing it as a video recorder.
>>
File: 160425-must.jpg (143 KB, 1400x890) Image search: [Google]
160425-must.jpg
143 KB, 1400x890
>>54314700
>pic related
>>
>>54314511
Yeah... Judging solely by the looks - I guess most people will prefer to wear glasses than those weird VR things.
>>
>>54315917
Yes, people do this all the time with their phones
>>
The basis of the idea.
>>
>>54314690
>I don't why
>>
>>54312359
Have fun digging those contacts out from under your eye balls. And enjoy paying out the ass for them too.

Ill stick with my four eyes.
>>
>>54316810
>VR
>that consumertard meme
choose one
>>
Price and aesthetics.
>>
>>54314680

How well did your surgery go (Lasik?)

My eyes have been stable for a while now, kind of considering it. They're kinda bad (~4.00 diopter) but manageable right now with contacts, the small risk of totally fucking them up is kind of unnerving to me.

Do you have any ill after-effects? I've heard driving at night can be weird.
>>
File: the stasche.jpg (60 KB, 675x322) Image search: [Google]
the stasche.jpg
60 KB, 675x322
>>
>>54312323
The price, the lack of practicality.
>>
>>54312323
glasses are annoying to wear unless you need them to see clearly or to shield your eyes from the sun
>>
>>54312323
>running android
literally useless
>>
>>54317537
It is. At least for the time being. It needs to evolve.
>>
File: inf_cringe.png (265 KB, 604x338) Image search: [Google]
inf_cringe.png
265 KB, 604x338
>>54315096
>>
>>54312323
Promoted to geeks for useless social shit instead of promoting it for useful purposes.
You could have used by firefighters to give them a minimap of the building they're in, or to signal the position of people to rescue.
Surgeons could use them to see the vitals of the patient withoput having to look at monitors.
Basically, you could have marketed it as a HUD for works that require being hand-free and which require having some kind of info immediately available.

Instead they focused on "hurr durr you can send messages to ur friends, take photos and make videos without taking the phone out of your pocket, just for 2000$"

Retarded consumer-pandering idiots.
>>
>>54314511
But are more than willing to pay nearly $1000 for pocket sized surveillance cameras and then willingly input everything they do into it
>>
>>54317622
Well, you can always kill yourself if you can't live with them
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.