[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dust cleaners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 355x355
Are these worth it over buying compressed air? How precise can they be?
>>
They're worth it. They blow WAY stronger than any canned air can ever hope, and they'll last longer than thousands of dollars worth of cans as well.

I bought one while it was on sale for $50 or so, which happens routinely. They're probably on sale more than they aren't, actually.
>>
I don't know about that specific one but I got a http://www.amazon.com/Metro-ED500-DataVac-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW and that shit is cash. You can get pretty precise with the attachments but the thing is so powerful that you wont even need precision. Make sure you zip tie your fans or stick a skewer or chopstick in it because you don't want them spinning as fast as this thing will get them going.
>>
>>54308714
WOOOOOOOORRRTHHHHHHH IT.

Not that one specifically tho, like >>54308761
said

Sure it's expensive upfront($100), but man, you'll never have to buy a new can, it's not cold like the fucking cans, doesn't have the chance of liquid going on yyour shit, and it's strong as fuck.
>>
sometimes when I'm too lazy to get the vacuum or broom out to clean my floor I just turn this on and blow the shit all over the place from about 5 feet away
>>
Yeah, might as well use a vacuum cleaner on your sensitive electronics, it's not like there's static or anything.

Retard, get compressed air.
>>
File: metro electric duster.jpg (212 KB, 1631x1223) Image search: [Google]
metro electric duster.jpg
212 KB, 1631x1223
mines been great
>>
>>54309061
>calling other people retards
>thinking that the static actually does anything
I'll take the real world experience of hundreds of thousands compared to your theoretical shit any day.
>>
>>54309061
Or you know, get the ESD safe version that panders to tinfoil hatters.

http://www.amazon.com/DataVac%C2%AE-Electric-Duster-Anti-Static-Blower/dp/B00U01YVYK
>>
File: paint-brush-regular-broad.jpg (542 KB, 2400x1250) Image search: [Google]
paint-brush-regular-broad.jpg
542 KB, 2400x1250
>>54308714
>>54308746
>>54308761
>>54308804
>>54309062
>>54309178
FUCKING SHILLS
Why do you post this shit like once a month?
You don't need to buy overpriced shit like that, it doesn't even remove dust inside laptops or components, you need to actually reach them, nothing is better than a deep cleaing.
Protip: This get the job done better.
>>
File: 2658633-5257751709-13377.jpg (110 KB, 350x377) Image search: [Google]
2658633-5257751709-13377.jpg
110 KB, 350x377
>>54309261
hurr muh corporate shills in my compressed air vs mechanical thread. Ever think you're the shill for shilling compressed air over an environmentally friendly and much more powerful solution? or a paint brush shill?

protip: I can place this on any exhaust port on the laptop and turn it on and there will be so much dust coming out of every available hole that you would shit your dick.
>>
>>54309261
>it doesn't even remove dust inside laptops or components

For laptops you can do this little known thing called removing covers and getting each individual component. Same with desktops, you take the side panel off and you can reach everything.
>>
>>54309367
>Shilling compressed air
Are you THIS dumb? Did you even read or saw the image I posted?
>>54309394
You can't remove dust 100% with just air, and you still need to replace the thermal paste.
>>
>>54309430
are you mining bitcoins or some other crypto currency where you find yourself having to frequently replace thermal paste? how is replacing thermal paste relevant to removing dust?
>>
>>54309466
The hyperbole post, nice.
Removing dust doesn't help your system if you don't change dried thermal paste, it doesn't matter if you use it lightly or heavy, the paste still dries up.
>>
>>54309466
fuck you
>>
>>54309499
>Removing dust doesn't help your system if you don't change dried thermal paste
yes it does
>it doesn't matter if you use it lightly or heavy, the paste still dries up.
yes it does, after about 4 or 5 years.
>>
>>54309563
Well, it does when you actually remove it with a proper tool like a brush, your shitty canned air doesn't remove the dust entirely, enjoy your placebo.
>>
>>54309592
I don't use canned air. I use a turbo ultra blower machine that upon inspection of a case fan blade under a microscope revealed a complete lack of dust particles.
>>
>>54309618
>upon inspection of a case fan blade under a microscope revealed a complete lack of dust particles.
10/10
>>
Just use a air mattress pump it's the same thing. A small paintbrush also works for hard to reach places
>>
>>54308761

Same one I have at the office, 5 years and still going strong.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.