[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need to ask a question about the Sli bridge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: example.jpg (137 KB, 650x394) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
137 KB, 650x394
Would it be a good idea to buy an Sli bridge and two Nvidia gtx (900 series) GPU's for gaming ?

Let's say you want to play the Latest games on the highest settings, without fps issues.
>>
>>54307744

Sli is a meme
>>
>>54307744
What cards? What is the alternate choice?
>>
i just recently bought a 980 ti. don't be like me and wait for the next generation. everything up until now runs great, but i already regret my purchase when i look at upcoming games.

also, sli a shit. not every game supports it
>>
>>54307744
When it comes to SLI/Crossfire, the answer is always "no"
>>
>>54307771
Nvidia GTX Geforce 970 or 980

>>54307775
Wait, you regret buying the 980 ti ?

I thought it was the best choice (for at least 3 more years) due to all the clock speed and memory it has.
>>
>>54307744
>SLI
>playing without FPS issues

Eh.
>>
>>54307918
>you regret buying the 980 ti ?
kind of, yeah. it's a great card, don't get me wrong. i just believe that the next generation will be a lot more powerful, 6gb vram won't last forever. i could be wrong of course, but the next gen is coming out in a few months, so i'd wait for that. obviously the next gen cards will always be better and it's not worth it to wait for years.

since you were planning on spending around 600 dollars, you might want to invest in the 980ti, it's good. if you can't wait (like me) that is.
>>
>>54308164
I almost got a 980ti, but it went out of stock after i put it in my cart. Ended up getting a GTX 960 to hold me over until the next generation.

If you were buying a year ago, 980Ti hands down.

Today? Wait.
>>
>>54308195
>980 Ti launch date: 6/1/2016
>>
File: 2016-04-30 18_55_51.jpg (3 KB, 230x48) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-30 18_55_51.jpg
3 KB, 230x48
>>54308240
>>
>>54308240
dont be pedantic, 11 months is close enough to call it a year.
>>
>>54307744
Does highest settings include resolution?
>>
I have two 980's and the lack of VRAM holds them back.

other than that though any game that even remotely supports SLI games run 60-144fps so I can't complain.

but OP what was the unnecessary mention of the SLi bridge? I thought that was an implied task to connect them together. How else would you run them?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.