[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSI gaming hardware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: final.png (9 KB, 357x215) Image search: [Google]
final.png
9 KB, 357x215
How fanatical are MSI fans?

My good buddy of mine is quite the fanboy. MSI is a brand he will stick to every time he buys new PC hardware.

Are MSI hardware really as good as people make them out to be?
>>
>>54307060
Its like with thinkpads you can get a good second hand machine for silly money . however most of the time its very much like alien fanboys . mah brand may logo
>>
>>54309467
So, its not cheap crap then? I have owned a few products from them and it seems like it, yet nothing I have bought from them has stopped working so far even thought the parts feel and look like cheap chink shit.
>Msi ge70 laptop, bought used and it lasted a few years with no problems until someone broke in and stole it
>MSI 980 ti, Does seem to have some issues but I AM overclocking so that could be the problem, also plastic seems cheap on it but the other components seem ok, been trying to figure out if they skimp out on the non important parts or the whole thing
>MSI m7 mobo, Seems to work, I bent a pin putting it together so one usb 3.0 doesn't work, but thats my dumbass fault for being over excited and not being careful putting it together. Running a 6700k with a coolermaster V8 gts, never overheated in a 72 degree room, usually running at about 50-60 degrees Celsius under load with my CPU running at 4.8ghz. Not bad, but I have experienced some "Loud buzzing" crashes as well as BSOD's, but I dont think I can blame MSI parts for that.

Dont know if any of this helps OP, but I have been trying to decide myself if they are good or not. That laptop was pretty awesome and I miss it. Fuck thieves. Oh yeah, obviously I put together a tower since then and thats what these other parts are in along with an EVGA 1000w PSU.
>>
MSI is pure shit, I avoid that fucking brand like the plague.
>>
File: 1460928480104.jpg (537 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460928480104.jpg
537 KB, 1920x1080
>>54309914
Can you go in to any more detail and be a little more helpful?
>>
I needed a gayman's laptop, and I got a used one for stupid cheap with an impressive graphics card for the time
was easy to upgrade too
now I'm addicted to the hardware buttons though, I especially like the mousepad lock
it just werked out really well for me
>>
>>54307060
The products are fine, but the tech support team are some special kind of complete retards.
>>
I've used msi graphics cards for a while now. My current 970 will be the last.
I'm going back to EVGA.
The card coil whines like a bitch, it doesn't overclock well and they refuse to admit that the card needs a backplate (mine is sagging like my nans tits).
>>
their products are fine just like asus, gigabyte, asrock or whatever, fanboys are always biased and naysayers usually speak from personal preferrence even if manufacturer failure rate for products is 1% or less
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.