[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm learning haskell & want to learn math for it. Where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: selfie.jpg (200 KB, 1349x1349) Image search: [Google]
selfie.jpg
200 KB, 1349x1349
-What math background should I have?
-What resources are good for beginners to build this background?
-What "research fields" in CS can I look into to study programming theories and do cool things with Haskell? I don't see any obvious fields listed on some CS departments research areas.

THANKS!
>>
File: 1454884458436.jpg (69 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1454884458436.jpg
69 KB, 540x540
>>54306362
>this vapid bitch will never sleep with you and share her aids
JDIMSA
>>
>>54306382
Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>54306362
You'll have to ask one of the 11 guys who know haskell. You can probably contact them on their private mailing list - I'm sure they'd love to be 12.
>>
>>54306410
What is their private emailing list? Looks like I need to have a basis in abstract algebra and build from there.
>>
>>54306362
You don't need to know math to learn Haskell.
Just because they have Monad and Functor typeclasses doesn't mean you have to know category theory.
You don't need to know type theory or operational semantics to program in C#.

Try reading Learn You a Haskell, it's a pretty good book and will teach you enough to begin programming in Haskell on your own.
>>
>>54306487
>Learn You a Haskell, it's a pretty good book and will teach you enough to begin programming in Haskell on your own.

ok thanks
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.