[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I'm not sure if this is the proper place but it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
Hey /g/ I'm not sure if this is the proper place but it seems I can't access 4chan anymore on my home network. I can access it fine on mobile while off WiFi but the instant I connect to WiFi it fails to load images and takes multiple minutes to load any page, and on desktop it just won't load period. I've cleared cache etc, restarted the modem, tried everything I could think of but nothing is working. Every other site works fine, every app on my phone works fine, it's just 4chan.

Do I need to call my ISP, or get a new modem? Anything I could try on my end? I'm not tech illiterate I just don't know that much about networks really. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>54306282
Are you sure ONLY 4Chan is not working?
>>
>>54306342
I've tried about 40 different websites and 4chan is currently the only one I cannot access. And the same. for all my phone apps as well. I even tried reddit just to see if it would load and it did.
>>
>>54306405
This happened to me a few months ago with Kat.cr, if you have a vpn, fire it up and see if you can connect. If not, there are a few free options as Firefox plugins. If you can connect through a VPN or proxy, your isp is blocking you.
>>
>>54306439
What do I do if my isp is blocking me? I've got AT&T on both my phone and at home, and they've got a local monopoly. Literally my only other option is satellite but my house is in a geographical bowl that prevents that from being viable, I tried that a while back.
>>
File: ss (2016-04-30 at 09.28.23).png (128 KB, 1903x998) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-30 at 09.28.23).png
128 KB, 1903x998
>>54306439
I managed to load the catalog and thread on my desktop actually but this is all that loads. Cache is clear, I tried with a VPN and it loaded fine. But this is still better than what I could load before making this thread.
>>
>>54306559
Then I suspect your isp is blocking the site for some reason. You could try calling them, but you'll probably get nowhere. When I called my isp, the help desk monkey either had no idea what I was talking about or was playing dumb, either way they didn't "unblock" the site. I just got in the habit of ALWAYS using my vpn
>>
>>54306618
Since it loads more content I'm not sure it is actually being totally blocked, I'll wait another day and if it doesn't come back to full. functionality I'll call and see if I can get it sorted out. If not I'll just keep using the VPN. Thanks anon, have a good one.
>>
Hey OP I was having the same issue, it seems it was IPV6 causing the issue, I assume you have the same router att uverse,
>192.168.1.254
>home network tab
>configure sub tab
>IPV6 off
You can probably turn it back on after this, but I need to go.
>>
File: 1420835895400.jpg (88 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
1420835895400.jpg
88 KB, 340x480
>>54307049
Not OP but I've been having the exact same problem since yesterday and this fixed it.
YOU ARE MY HERO
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.