[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best antivirus for Android?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 225x224
What's the best antivirus for Android?
>>
>>54305931
An iPhone
>>
>>54305931
Not being a complete retard
>>
Not installing apps outside the google play store.
>>
Common Sense 2017 Mobile Edition
>>
Gentoo.
>>
AVG
>>
Snibeti Snab
>>
>>54305931
They're all trash because none of them run at the root level or even ask for root access. All they can do is whine if they find an infected file. They can't even do anything about it.
>>
>>54305931
a brain
>>
>>54305931
>uses android
>needs to use an antivirus

Wow. I had no idea /g/ was so shitty
>>
But I thought Linux didn't get viruses
>>
>>54305936
/thread
>>
>>54306147
>They can't even do anything about it

You just said they can whine.
>>
>>54305931
Not enabling the checkbox that allows installations from 3rd party app-stores.
>>
>>54306147
>whine about infected file
>you go and delete infected file
I see no problem with this
>>
>>54308653
Not gonna happen if you got hit with a root exploit and they're installed as system apps. Even malware running as a user app can be difficult to get rid of w/o factory resetting.
>>
>>54307914

How does Google know if an app a developer has submitted to the Play Store is a malware or not? I mean whats the technical difference between, a "child safety" app that tracks GPS, keystrokes, camera, and a RAT malware designed with malicious intent to spy on people?
>>
>>54308722

Better example I can think of: A silly game requires network and file access permissions. What stops that app from sucking up all your photos and documents and uploading them to a server in Russia, instead of using those permissions for what is theoretically intended (storing game assets, multiplayer)

When developers submit an app to the Play Store do they have to submit the src code so Google can audit their code or something?
>>
>>54305931
The unknown sources option disabled
>>
>>54305931
Are you even know how an Android phone is working?
>>
>>54307144
For two years till you shell out 700 more dollars for an outdated phone out the box
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.