[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /g/ think of smartwatches?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: smartwatch.jpg (87 KB, 960x1279) Image search: [Google]
smartwatch.jpg
87 KB, 960x1279
what does /g/ think of smartwatches?
>>
Pig trotter.

I mean, poorly.
>>
one of my coworkers has one and he is the only one to text me back when I call him, albeit being pre-fab.
>>
Gimmick for women to show off to their friends.
>>
>>54304073
Oink oink mother fucker.
Jesus fuck that trotter.
>>
basically useless
>>
I keep seeing this one smart watch around. It has a cog wheel around the outside, kind of a bronze color. And its round face. Anyone know that one?
>>
>>54304073
>ever trading classy mechanical high quality wrist watch to any of shit-lord-tier smartwatches
>>
A solution to a problem that doesn't exist
>>
>>54304091
go back to /pol/
>>
>>54304073
how do you let yourself go until that point?
I mean, do you decide one day that you want to die?
>>
>>54304073
the only thing they do better than a smartphone is tell you the time without having to reach into your pocket
>>
>>54304138
Go away kike

Your scam watch has been exposed
>>
Who would NOT want a watch that has to be charged every 24 hours?
>>
>>54304148
You mean skip track without reaching into your pocket. Normal watches can tell time too.
>>
File: 20160430_111259.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20160430_111259.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
I got one as a Christmas present from my father (Samsung gear 2). I don't think I would buy one myself, but I really like it. It allows me to discreetly look at messages and I can just peek at my watch to see if it is worth taking out my phone.
Pretty neat gadget, but not worth current cost.
>>54304169
>charged every 24 hours.
My gear 2 gets 4-5 days on a 1-2 hour charge.
>>
>>54304179
headphones have had that for years desu they're called in-line controls
>>
>>54304148
what is a watch.
>>
>>54304368
holy fuck it's almost like we're discussing watches
>>
>>54304169
this
>>
I can tell you what I think about you, fat ass
>>
>>54304091
women and fags
>>
>>54304339
>having to charge your WATCH every 4-5 days
Wow
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 476x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 476x476
>>54304128
>classy
>>
File: terge.jpg (159 KB, 887x1000) Image search: [Google]
terge.jpg
159 KB, 887x1000
classic pebble here, bought one for 50 bucks because why not

aesthetically it looked much nicer than i expected, you've got some pretty looking watchfaces too

functionality wise, it's nothing too mindblowing. it's definitely more pleasant to flick your wrist rather than to get your phone out of your pocket tho

i use it as bluetooth control for my music player, worth the price for that alone

i get a week's battery worth on an hour charge
>>
>>54304660
> watch
It's a wearable wrist computer you dipcuck.
>>
>>54304697
It's a fancy watch with terrible battery life.
>>
ITT: people with smart watches pretending like checking your phone is the hardest thing to do in their action packed days. No one gives a fuck if you take 5-10 seconds to check your phone. People aren't holding their breath while you check messages or the time.

Checking messages on your wrist makes you look like a fool who needs to check the time every few minutes because you're a mouth breathing autist.

Ever since I got my first phone 13 years ago I haven't worn a watch. Why carry more stuff? Unless you want to be like Steve Wozniak who carries two computers, seven phones, three pagers, five tablets, a wireless router, etc. everywhere he goes.
>>
>>54304660
>>54304697

> noun
>1.
>a small timepiece worn typically on a >strap on one's wrist.
>"my watch had stopped"
>synonyms: timepiece, chronometer, >small clock, timer; More

>>54304708
This niggah gets it.
>>
>>54304124
Moto 360?
>>
smartwatches are a meme nobody should fall for

>smartwatch gets outdated after 2 years
>mechanical watch still going strong after 20 years
>>
>>54304073
A failed gadget for now like tablets were 10 - 15 years ago.

In 10 years from now when we can use them to interface with our google implants or something actually useful and battery life isn't an issue they will become popular.
>>
>>54304073
Someone post the pig hand.
>>
>>54304073
I got one the other day, (Moto 360 2nd) gen they're actually quite nice.

Albeit lacking in a bit of functionality plus it's a tad on the thick side.

There's definitely a market worth exploring. The first gen smart watches came up good although they need vast improvements like stand alone functionality in order for them to be any good.
>>
>>54304073
Meh
The fact that they can't be always on makes them pointless imo.
When we get to the point where the screen can be on at all times to at least show just the time, I might consider getting one.
But I'm not gonna replace a regular watch with a "smart"watch if I have to manually press a button every time I want a glimpse at the time.
>>
Even dumber than tablets
>>
>>54304750

Some people get more than the occasional text from their mom. Sometimes I get messages that have to be tended to promptly, and sometimes its just bullshit. Being able to briefly check during a meeting is pretty important.

Also 5-10 seconds doesn't sound like much until you are on the receiving end of 100+ messages daily.
>>
>>54306541
I'm sure you look good constantly checking your watch while in a meeting.
>>
>>54306872

It's not constant, but its frequent enough where it would be noticeable if I were checking my phone the same number of times.
>>
File: apple watch.jpg (43 KB, 475x637) Image search: [Google]
apple watch.jpg
43 KB, 475x637
>>54304073
What do people even use them for other than checking new texts/emails? It seems like they could get by with significantly worse hardware and make the devices much cheaper. Seriously, hardware buttons, and a black and white LCD display capable of displaying a ~160 character message at a time (could be hit with an 80x48 display when using a 3x5 font) that's viewable without a backlight like a regular digital watch. Hell, to make the battery last even longer, have the computer part powered separately from the dedicated watch portion and either have the display divided between them or have the computer part be able to override the watch part's control of the display when you want to use it.
>>
>>54304073
Helps me cheat on tests easily
>>
File: nukek.jpg (357 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nukek.jpg
357 KB, 1280x720
>>54307643
Holy fuck my sides
>>
>>54304124
Probably the Gear S2 Classic
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 650x500
>>54304073
>The Apple Watch has a lifespan of three years
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.