[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What programming language you think is actually the most useful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: CPlusPlus.jpg (36 KB, 433x455) Image search: [Google]
CPlusPlus.jpg
36 KB, 433x455
What programming language you think is actually the most useful so far? and I don't mean the one you like most obviously.
>>
>>54298312
Your pic related or Java.
>>
>>54298312
I work in software test and everything we use java with plug ins like JUNIT/testNG as well as mainframe languages. I have no CS or engineering experience though.
>>
File: disappointed.jpg (7 KB, 228x172) Image search: [Google]
disappointed.jpg
7 KB, 228x172
*sigh* Java
>>
>>54298312
honestly java, as much as i fucking hate it

its simple enough to write junit tests to test anything you can imagine, let alone its easy enough to understand that poojeets can code in it
>>
Java, though C# is starting to replace it.

As soon as JetBrains finishes their C# IDE, I'll probably make the transition completely.
It's the good parts of Java (easy to write, easy to read, standard libs for most things) plus the things I wish Java had (optional parameters, better support for methods, functional features vastly improved).
>>
OP here
I have to admit that actually I have no fucking experience about any kind of languages so far, just some bullshit I actually read about java and I can tell it's actually pretty simple to learn...but I got butthurts when I think that here in my country (Italy) they still teach pascal in highschools instead of more useful ones...so lame
>>
>>54298312
Depends on what you mean by usefulness.
>how much things you can do
C++
>how easy is it to do typical tasks
Python or Javascript
>best capabilities/easiness ratio
>best salaries/knowledge
Java
And of course to solve some given task different language might be more useful.
>>
For work in any task you can think, python, even if is not the best tool for x task. Is special for AI, and scientific things. I am electronic electronic engineer, I can do the same I do with Matlab but Matlab is expensive and you only use it for specific task. I can work with AI, I can make pretty decent Web page, I can use for it for signal processing, and computer vision, but is no so good for this. Java is good but no for scientific use, not like python.
>>
>>54298765
shut the fuck up, pascal is great and it's a very good language for learning the basics of programming.
>>
Ada
>>
>>54299408
I don't get why it didn't replace C++ in the 90s. It's infinitely safer, offers similar performance and the syntax seems nicer. now it's almost dead, it's really sad
>>
>>54299562
>I don't get why it didn't replace C++ in the 90s
One answer: Win32 API. It made most developers of graphical apps addicted to C++.
>>
>>54299408
I've never actually seen code written in Ada and every time I see snippets it really doesn't look like a useful or powerful language especially compared to the powerhouse that is C++.
Any complex examples of what makes Ada great? I don't need to see a hello world or a fizzbuzz or integer clamping bullshit
>>
File: idalarge[1].gif (142 KB, 2560x994) Image search: [Google]
idalarge[1].gif
142 KB, 2560x994
ASM
>>
File: mcfucking an hero.jpg (13 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
mcfucking an hero.jpg
13 KB, 224x216
>>54298695
>C#

TOP KEK, you cannot be of age to post here.
>>
>>54298695
pajeet, pls stop
>>
>>54299635
It was an industrial strength Pascal-derivative.

Nothing really fancy about it, but it got the job done.

Back when gcc's C++ exception handling was kinda shite, Ada's exception handling was solid.

Ancient history now... but Ada was alright.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_(programming_language)
>>
>>54299656
>>54299672
samefag detected
>>
File: scala-logo.png (25 KB, 987x293) Image search: [Google]
scala-logo.png
25 KB, 987x293
I'm tempted to learn Scala these days.

- tries to blend oo + functional
- strong static typing
- a bit too much syntactic sugar for my taste...
- but maybe i can stomach it.
>>
>>54299641
Is there any cheap software that gets even clost to IDA Pro?
>>
>>54299760
I really wanted to like it, but there's something about the syntax that puts me off. Clojure seems nicer even though Scala's oo and functional mix is much more practical
>>
>>54299753
Was thinking he was underage, then I realized it was probably a Winshill.
>>
>>54299767
For live debugging I use x64_dbg. I've seen a lot people using Hopper for Disassembly recently.
>>
>>54298765
I like pascal
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.