[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best mobos for the 8350 processor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
What are the best mobos for the 8350 processor?
>>
>>54298152

am3+ you fucking moron
>>
>>54298152
This one, USB 3.1 and M.2, with 8+2 power

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157688
>>
>>54298188
I was thinking about getting the Gigabyte 990FXA ud3 r5 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128859 but I've heard that Gigabyte products are really shitty so maybe I'll get that ASRock.
>>
>>54298237
AM3+ is a dead end, no point in spending a bunch of money on it
>>
>>54298250
Yeah maybe you're right, either way I can't switch to intel cause it's really expensive in my country and my last AM3+ mobo died, It was an asus m5a99fxPRO so I want to buy one that doesn't die for at least 3 or 4 years.
>>
>>54298152
If you want to get stable overclock over 4.2-4.4 GHz then only 990FX chipset. If you are fine with stock clock or not planning to go over 4.4 GHz or 1.4 VCore whatever comes first, then you can stick with 970.
For AM3+ here's the tier of motherboards based on available overclock spreadsheets:
High quality: 990FX ASUS, 990FX Gigabyte
Decent choice: MSI (970 Krait, 990FX Gaming)
Poor build quality: ASRock - do NOT buy this for 8-series FX overclocking, anything MSI non-990FX and non-970 Krait - beware of 970 Gaming

I recommend one these 100% tested and trusted motherboards:
Gigabyte: 990FX UD3 / UD5 / UD7
Gigabyte: 970 UD3P
ASUS: 990FX Crosshair Formula V / Sabertooth / M5A99 Pro
ASUS: 970 M5A97 Evo
MSI: 990FX Gaming
MSI: 970 Krait
>>
Throw that slow amd piece of shit away and get a Xeon.
>>
>>54298491
Thanks m8
>>
To the idiot that said not to buy Asrock, please disregard. The Asrock 990fx extreme 9 has the best power phase design of all consumer Am3+ boards, and one of the few certified for 5+ GHz clocks. I suggest looking up the am3+ VRM database before you pick a board to make sure you can power your CPU adequately without thermal throttle.
>>
Oh, I forgot, the MSI 970 krait is garbage, known problems with hard drives. Asus and gigabyte are fine though. Don't buy a cheap board, you will throttle guaranteed.
>>
>>54300576
>>54300612
Thanks
>>
Gigabyte GA-H170M-HD3 with a 6500 attached to it
>>
A better question: what are the best mobos for 95W FM2+ A10 7890K?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.