[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ricing Windows 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1461920891286.png (552 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1461920891286.png
552 KB, 1366x768
How do i make windows 7 (explorer, menus, taskbar etc.) as well as Firefox look like GNU/Linux

Pic related
>>
Literally install gentoo
>>
>>54296038
by installing gnu/linux, dumb ricershit
>>
Most of the time, if you change something in Windows, it will shit itself. Don't do it. Just dualboot if you want. Linux is the best for theming.
>>
What would the learning curve be for a gaymer like me who just looks for the button that describes what I want to do?
>>
File: poop.png (995 KB, 2120x1280) Image search: [Google]
poop.png
995 KB, 2120x1280
>>54296038
Use Windows Classic Themes and try not to care so much.
>>
>>54296038
first-off who said you could save my desktop
secondly that is not windows
>>
>>54298271
No1currs & gofuckyurself
>>
>>54296104
That's actually flat out wrong. Except for some rare occurrences, such as VirtualBox not working with modified explorerframe ricing windows is fairly safe.
>>54296347
Because who needs vsync, right? Just tear my shit up.
>>
File: Capture.png (397 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
397 KB, 1366x768
>>54298280
can you speak english please

also, your windows rice will never be as good as mine
>>
>>54298323
>implying Windows classic turns off vsync instead of changing the hardware which handles the window redraw

>>>/v/
>>
>>54298330
sorry for using your desktop as an example, could you please tell me your basic setup?
>>
File: scren.png (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
scren.png
313 KB, 1920x1080
always have an ftp session open and some ssh session open also
>>
>>54296056
>gnu/linux
, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

(An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

Thanks for listening.
>>
>>54298394
i don't use windows anymore and i don't have the files
TL;DR: install arch with openbox
>>
>>54298406
>By my definition
Enjoy repeatedly pasting this puke over and over until you become a ``nag''.
>>
>>54298422
Thanks, any recommended desktop environment?
>>
>>54298382
It literally does you dumb fuck. vsync is built into aero which you disable if you switch to classic. If your GPU drivers handle desktop vsync then that's great. Set your desktop to portrait mode and try scrolling in browser.
>>
>>54298444
openbox, i also installed xfce4 because it has some useful utilities. Install nitrogen to set a wallpaper
you can find me in the desktop thread if you need any help
>>
>>54298471
thank you very much for your help
>>
>>54298496
sure
>>
>>54298445
>it literally does
No, it doesn't. It turns off your windows ability to utilize vsync through the GPU. vsync is still available and your display will still synchronize to your monitors refresh rate, it is just that the managed window drawing is done through the CPU.
I never said it would prevent screen tearing, dipshit.
lol don't you have some Fallout 4 to be playing?

>>>/reddit/
>>>/v/
Good job quoting the first google result you found, though.
>>
>>54298621
I didn't quote anything though. And you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
>It turns off your windows ability to utilize vsync through the GPU
>No, it doesn't
Fucking decide you dipshit
>I never said it would prevent screen tearing, dipshit.
You literally did in reply to my first post. I know that using classic causes tearing because I fucking went through this problem myself.
>/v/
Ironic that you keep posting this shit yet have steam open in your screenshot.
Neck yourself out of /g/ manchild.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.