[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All I've been seeing lately is praise for the mobile Firefox.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Firefox-Mobile-OS-3[1].png (94 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Firefox-Mobile-OS-3[1].png
94 KB, 480x480
All I've been seeing lately is praise for the mobile Firefox. What makes it so great? Is it as much of a resource hog as it's desktop counterpart?

I imagine plugin support is nice but I don't really see how much useful they could be on a phone.
>>
I use it because it supports Add-ons
>>
>>54294966
its ok. they stagnated the shit out of the app market by focusing on emerging markets in the pajeetoshpere tho. it comes with no native bloat so it runs on 3rd world smartphones, making it attractive to these areas.

If you arent a subsaharan and you want an ootb actual linux xmartphone that's botnet free get a jolla or a phone you can flash silfish onto
>>
It's slow

Lightning browser has adblock and isn't slow
>>
>>54295054
But how do you sync bookmarks with the browser on your PC?
>>
>>54294966
I pretty much only use it because of two add-ons. (1) I'm too lazy to root my phone and install Adaway or the like (I just don't install adware), but I at least want to use ABP while browsing. (2) There's an add-on the name of which escapes me at the moment, but it adds a button to scroll to the bottom or top of a page without having to flick the whole way (basically a Home/End button).
>>
I haven't used mobile for Firefox since the n900 so I wouldn't know
>>
>>54295072
I don't. I don't want that feature
>>
>>54295128
>ABP
lol
>>
I only have it installed cause
-addon support
-can play youtube vids in the background
>>
>>54295054
>Lightning browser
Worst UI ever. Holy shit it's so fucking bad. I wouldn't use this even if they paid me.
>>
>>54295128
Get ublock origin instead
>>
I use it for browsing exhentai (because of the sadpanda addon).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.