[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nikon D3200 Critique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 25492_D3200_top.png (129 KB, 700x595) Image search: [Google]
25492_D3200_top.png
129 KB, 700x595
Hello, I'm a new filmmaker in the Detroit area. I was wondering if anybody on this board could give me some critique on this short film, and maybe recommend a better camera than the Nikon D3200 that is also somewhat affordable. Also, what boom mic should I get as a starter?
>>
Here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A9D_z39kEA
>>
>>54292661
For video recording - mirrorless is better.
But a Nikon D3200/3300 should do the job.
>>
>>>/p/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A9D_z39kEA
Here is the video
>>
>>54292709
Somebody in /p/ sent me here lol. I'm not very familiar with 4chan so I apologize
>>
>>54292661
I'd say invest in some sort of a steadycam/glidecam since most of the shots are pretty shaky. If you use something like After Effects for editing you could try using the warp stabilizer to enhance the shots.

As for the camera, the D3200 is fine but invest in lenses as they're far more important.
If you want better low light performance then I guess a D610 would be alright. It's a somewhat affordable full frame camera.
>>
>>54292731
We are sending you back. Go to /p/ and then find the video thread
>>
>>54292661
>recommend a better camera than the Nikon D3200 that is also somewhat affordable.

In terms of image quality you can't do much better for the price.
The only downside is the controls, which aren't optimized for video.

Like >>54292799 suggested you might want to buy some better lenses.
Old manual focus prime lenses are fine for video, and keep their value.
But wide angle lenses will be hard to find and can get very expensive.
>>
>>54292661
1. Stop name fagging
2. Stay on >>>/p/
3.If you are not very familiar then lurk more before posting, otherwise you cancer everything up
4.I hope you grow out of film making soon
5.Forget number two, go to reddit and stay there
>>
Get a Sony A7S. Greatest camera for below $5,000.
>>
http://nikonrumors.com/2016/04/25/nikon-d3300-replacement-rumored-to-be-announced-this-year-d3500.aspx/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.