[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>500MB high speed 4G/LTE 4597685947 GBit/s >throttled to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: vodafone-lte-werbung.jpg (88 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
vodafone-lte-werbung.jpg
88 KB, 400x300
>500MB high speed 4G/LTE 4597685947 GBit/s
>throttled to 32kbit/s afterwards
does this shit fly in other countries as well?
>>
Sadly yes
>>
>>54289827
Yes, it should be forbidden. Some at least throttle to 384 Kbit, welcome to 2002.
>>
Honestly I'd rather pay for unlimited 5 Mbps than 6 gorillion Mbps throttled so that it's unusable afterwards.

>>54290059
Mine DOES throttle to 384 Kbit, but I think they're lying as well. I usually get 7 Mbps HSDPA, but when I'm throttled, my connection is 7000kbit/384kbit ~= 18 times slower.

So a website that takes 1 second to load should take 18 seconds, but this is not the case. Most websites take at least 1-2 minutes, and some are completely unusable (just show blank etc.)
>>
>>54289827
In my country there are no uncapped or soft-capped plans. We pay 11 USD for 1gb data bundles with one month expiry. Smaller bundles are exponentially more expensive.
>>
>>54290201
soft-capped is just marketing for capped

can't do so much as send a whatsapp with this shit let alone browse the internet.

Try to load a website, it will drain 5% of your battery because it constantly sends/receives on the 2/3/4G radio and still not be there
>>
They do it everywhere however we are getting cheaper and cheaper unlimited high speed mobile data here in burger land.

Pic related boost mobile, 55$ a months. Speeds usually stay around 20-30 Mbps even after using 23GB of data (soft cap). Supposedly the soft cap means they will throttle your connection to 2-4mbps if there is very heavy network load. I haven't experienced that though.
>>
>>54290193
You are lucky, when I moved into this new place, I only had 5GB pre-paid SIMs. I used the data within 4 days and had 32 KBit/s after that.

I first downloaded Opera Turbo which took me 6 hours, then I could load websites without images in 2 minutes. I always played SIM City 2000 which I also downloaded with this connection (120 MB) and tabbed out every few minutes to do one action on a website.

I bulk-downloaded over night, I could load 500 MB for SC3000 over 4 days/nights. Even Windows updates, up to 100 MB. But some downloads just stop so you should prefer torrents or a download manager.
>>
>>54290490
yeah OK if you have to use it for home usage as well that sucks

For mobile only I usually get by with my 300MB. This month I reached the limit 2 days ago, but that was because I accidentally downloaded an app update over cellular rather than Wifi.
>>
File: 1458058967347.png (163 KB, 425x338) Image search: [Google]
1458058967347.png
163 KB, 425x338
>3Gb data
>throttled down after that...
Feels bretty good....
>>
>>54290558
>all this for 5€....
>>
>>54290535
I don't pay for mobile, we have a free service called Netzclub here, which gets you 100 MB highspeed free every month. I almost never use mobile data, only when I do bank transactions (Ebay, E-Mails) or need navigation on mobile.

Pro-Tip: Use Opera Mini. It can save 900 MB from 1 GB. It will still load fast when you're already throttled. The Africans know why Opera is best choice.
>>
>>54290578
>Opera Mini
A chinese proxy that breaks TLS? Yeah that sure sounds great

>tripfag
oh. no surprises there
>>
I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY YUROPOOR BITCHING ABOUT DATACAPS, I PAY $45/MONTH FOR 5GBs, AND I HAVE PRIORITY LEVEL 3 SO MY PING IS COMPLETE SHIT, AND FOR SOME FUCKING REASON HSPA/+ SUCKS AND IS JUST ABOUT COMPLETELY UNUSABLE
>>
>>54289827
In Italy some operators does that (TIM for sure), others do the evil thing and start draining money (.30€/MB+VAT) when you finish your data plan without letting you know (H3G for sure) on top of that H3G use a weekly plan, so android data planning doesn't work
>>
Isn't there a way to bypass throttling via vpn?
>>
>>54290871
Can't imagine how that would work.

The provider just throttles ALL traffic, including the one to your VPN.
>>
>needing more than 1GB data per month
It's like you guys actually leave your basement. I got wifi at home and work, only use mobile data to occasionally stream music during commute.
>>
>>54290906
To be fair my mobile data acts like my home ISP. Only get 8GB of hotspot but it's enough for basic web browsing and reading news.
>>
>>54289827
What country?
>>
>>54290900
The provider throttles only your network once you go past a certain amount of GB per month. They do this by monitoring your network and dl usage with a vpn they cannot monitor what it is you're downloading or how much bandwidth of the big pool you're using
>>
>>54290937
Germany

>>54290941
I still fail to see how a VPN will help. They will throttle after x MB of raw traffic. Whether that traffic is email, youtube, or a VPN tunnel, no one gives a shit.
>>
Theoretically if i change the qos settings on the packets coming out of my phone, would it affect throttling on my data network?
>>
>$10 or something a month for 10gb of 50/10 or something. It's fast enough to load everything so fast I can't distinguish it from my home 100/10. If I cross the cap, it's $10 more for another 10gb.

If you have worse you are letting yourself get played. Americans usually display a weird behavior where they almost want to be fucked by corporations, believing it's for the greater good of business or whatever. In one hand they want the market to be full of competition while they're entirely fine with having some gigantic monopoly fucking them over with everything.

Everything is supposed to be hard because muh freedom.
>>
>>54289827
Wind Mobile drops the speed after 5gbs of usage
>>
Spaniard here, I've having a shitty and unestable connection for a few days but since here companies always provide you with a maximum of speed but no minimum is waranteed

Man I fucking hate my country's law
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.