[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Privacy thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
How fucked are we?
>>
Come on /g/ents. Get in here.
>>
>>54289661
About a million times more fucked than the East Germans were.
>>
File: there's still time.jpg (120 KB, 466x493) Image search: [Google]
there's still time.jpg
120 KB, 466x493
>>54289661
>>
As long as we can get a non fascist in office were OK. Also, kill FeinSTEIN
>>
They probably can access whatever they want but since you're some uninteresting target you will be overlooked as you are not important/high profile enough. The only way to win is to blend in with the normies
>>
>>54291404
>1984
>>
>>54289661
I never got this, why do you care if the government is watching? As long as you're not doing anything wrong you got nothing to hide, right?
>>
>>54291475
they control what counts as "doing something wrong", not you. They can change the rules out from under you.
You also have to worry about a mostly-automated big-data surveillance program erroneously thinking you're doing something wrong even if you aren't.
>>
>>54291475
> the government will always be a benevolent actor
every 2-4 years there are shifts and entirely new people with entirely different goals come to power. Even if you're somehow comfortable feeding all your info to THIS version of government, are you okay with doing it for the next one?

Also, keep in mind how many security breaches government held databases have had recently... people with the express intent of exploiting those stockpiled bytes are probably going to get them at some point, if there's no compelling reason to collect them in the first place why make yourself a target?
>>
I keep coins placed in specific ways on my stuff and filled most screws with nail polish. That way its impossible to tamper without me knowing
>>
>>54291475
Basically:
>>54291506
>>54291625

As for a purely technical reason:
Germany, for example, had a legislation that allowed law enforcement to use malware to spy on suspects. Granted, they still needed to get warrants much like wiretaps, but that shit backfired hardcore. An analysis of the malware in 2011 in a Chaos Communications Congress (C3) talk showed that it was practically a RAT and due to implementation problems, it'd be open to anyone who knew how to access it. Basically giving an entire nation away to blackhats on a golden plate.

It was put on hold because of that. For now.

The Netherlands is about to pull the same shit off soon, and it's just getting worse.
So no, it's not that simple.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.