[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We did it /g/! Our mascot just won some award or something!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: imdKC.jpg (108 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
imdKC.jpg
108 KB, 800x600
We did it /g/!

Our mascot just won some award or something!

http://www.acm.org/awards/2015-technical-awards

>Richard Stallman, recipient of the ACM Software System Award for the development and leadership of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection), which has enabled extensive software and hardware innovation, and has been a lynchpin of the free software movement. A compiler is a computer program that takes the source code of another program and translates it into machine code that a computer can run directly. GCC compiles code in various programming languages, including Ada, C, C++, Cobol, Java, and FORTRAN. It produces machine code for many kinds of computers, and can run on Unix and GNU/Linux systems as well as others.

>GCC was developed for the GNU operating system, which includes thousands of programs from various projects, including applications, libraries, tools such as GCC, and even games. Most importantly, the GNU system is entirely free (libre) software, which means users are free to run all these programs, to study and change their source code, and to redistribute copies with or without changes. GNU is usually used with the kernel, Linux. Stallman has previously been recognized with ACM’s Grace Murray Hopper Award.

Thank you for voting /g/ faggots! I already installed gentoo 6 times to celebrate
>>
>>54289498
INSTALL GENTOO
>>
Microsoft shills and pajeets on suicide watch
>>
praise our lord and Savior
>>
Well deserved, and I'm a Winfag.
>>
You blindly follow this man and yet you decide to install a distro he doesn't endorse

What

a

nigga
>>
>>54290607
lol stallman invented gahnoo aka genthoo
>>
>>54289498
Install gentoo has won
>>
Wow, are they just handing out awards like that? Because GCC really sucks.
>>
>>54289498
Congrats!
>>
>>54289498
>>54292831
STOP ASSOCIATING STALLMAN WITH GENTOO, A DISTRIBUTION HE VOCALLY DISAPPROVES OF
This has pissed me off for years now
>>
>>54292878
>Because GCC really sucks.
Is there a better free C++ compiler?
>>
>>54294735
Yes, the one I wrote
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.