[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ubuntu Mate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Ubuntu-MATE-Love.png (28 KB, 959x234) Image search: [Google]
Ubuntu-MATE-Love.png
28 KB, 959x234
Ubuntu MATE is a stable, easy-to-use operating system with a configurable desktop environment. It is ideal for those who want the most out of their computers and prefer a traditional desktop metaphor. With modest hardware requirements it is suitable for modern workstations, single board computers and older hardware alike. Ubuntu MATE makes modern computers fast and old computers usable.

Ubuntu MATE has a number of guiding objectives and goals.

>Accessible to all, regardless of language and physical ability.
>Increase both Ubuntu and MATE Desktop user adoption.
>Ubuntu alternative for computers that aren’t powerful enough to run a composited desktop.
>First choice Ubuntu platform for remote workstation solutions such as LTSP and X2Go.
>Recreate the halcyon days of Ubuntu for users who prefer a traditional desktop metaphor.
>Use themes and artwork similar to Ubuntu so that Ubuntu MATE is immediately familiar.
>When possible contribute to Debian so both the Debian and Ubuntu communities benefit.
>Software selection will favour functionality and stability over lightness and whimsy.

The MATE Desktop is one such implementation of a desktop environment and includes a file manager which can connect you to your local and networked files, a text editor, calculator, archive manager, image viewer, document viewer, system monitor and terminal. All of which are highly customisable and managed via a control centre.

MATE Desktop provides an intuitive and attractive desktop environment using traditional metaphors, which means if you’ve ever used Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac OS, it will feel very familiar.

The MATE Desktop has a rich history and is the continuation of the GNOME2 desktop, which was the default desktop environment on many Linux and Unix operating systems for over a decade. This means that MATE Desktop is tried, tested and very reliable.

Remember to donate.

https://ubuntu-mate.org/donate/
>>
File: 1461192248921.jpg (307 KB, 1000x518) Image search: [Google]
1461192248921.jpg
307 KB, 1000x518
Good thread
>>
>>54288429
I really like the mate DE, but what's confusing I'd, why does Fedora mate perform a little better than Ubuntu mate, even though Fedora uses 50MB ram more? Cpu is a d2500 with hd5450 graphics card.
>>
>>54289123
Is*
>>
>>54288429
I have tried it but anything based on LXDE is still better than MATE.
>>
>>54289123
Because using more RAM doesn't mean anything unless it's so much that you need swap. Free RAM is wasted RAM.
>>
>>54288429
>Ubuntu shills on /g/ now

fuck Microsoft for partnering up with them
>>
>>54288429
is compiz the only way to solve screen tearing? compton seems a bit rough
>>
>>54290382
I've had no problems using compton, aesthetic or technical. What do you mean rough?
>>
>>54290382
Compton works fine for me.
>>
>>54290382
compton works well for me too
>>
>>54290382
you could also use kwin
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.