[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love /g/aming but my 980ti is suddendly stuttering on my hardcore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Gamer-4-Life-Playstation.png (6 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
Gamer-4-Life-Playstation.png
6 KB, 178x178
I love /g/aming but my 980ti is suddendly stuttering on my hardcore gaming sessions. I'm hesitant as to upgrade right now and go with an epic SLI (will post /g/uts for you guys!) or wait for the new gen of nvidia cards... what do I do? Please no AMD I'm a hardcore gamer and don't want any trouble with drivers. . .
>>
>>54283270
install gentoo and stop playing gaymes
>>
>>54283270
>gayming

You must be 18 years or older to post on 4chan.
>>
File: utterly.jpg (53 KB, 456x453) Image search: [Google]
utterly.jpg
53 KB, 456x453
>>54283270
>hardcore gaming sessions
>>
>>54283270
R9 is the answer
>>
>>54283285

umm I'm sorry but I thought this board was about smartphones and /g/aming rigs????? am I wrong?
>>
>>54283378
no, instead of gaming rigs we have thinkpad laptops and regular gaming rigs we don't game on because we use linux
>>
>>54283378
This is the /g/nu+linux board, you're looking for >>>/v/eddit
>>
>>54283405
>>54283410

ummm sorry but your wrong I've had quite a lot of video card discussions with hardcore /g/amers in here so nah maybe you guys should go to r/programming or sumthin...
>>
>>54283378
No, this board is about installing Gentoo on Thinkpads. We also have threads about smartphones, Android preferred. We don't play games, we use our machines for programming and work, by which we mean either shitposting or playing games.

Threads promoting Windows or Apple products are MS and Apple paying people in India to post them. The pay seems to be about 1-3 rupees per thread.
>>
>>54283435
Just because you ran across fellow cancerposters once doesn't mean it belongs here faⅿ
>>
>>54283475

umm sorry bro but ur wrong I've had a lot of perfomance discussions with hardcore gamers on ultra graphics here pls go back to your autistic threads no one cares about kthxbye
>>
bump

nerds please fuck off to reddit
>>
>>54283435
>>54283378
Why... Why does this happen...
>>
>>54283503
>>54283598

>I've had a lot of perfomance discussions with hardcore gamers on ultra graphics here
>only one out of ten replies is about GPUs and it's a one sentence answer

>nerds please fuck off to reddit
>implying reddit isn't the mecca of the PC cancer race

No, it's clear nobody here wants to talk about your childish hobby. Just go ahead and delete this thread already.
>>
>>54283637

ummm half of the threads on thsi board are about gaming so maybe you should fuck off.

just sayin nerd...
>>
>>54283637

>childish hobby

the only relevant way to assess CPU perfomance are gaming benchmarks.

I'm sorry you're a poorfag with an OS that can't even run AAA gmaes LMAO KILL YOURSLEFL
>>
>>54283270
LOL its about to take a shit then anon.

PSU or GPU/Mobo on its way out
>>
>>54283270
>>54283378
>>54283435
You ought to practice subtlety.
>>
>>54283768

I disagree I just am too hardcore of a gamer for a single 980ti my ri/g/ works just fine
>>
>>54283634
>>54283637
You are being extremely baited
>>
>>54283789

>only 1 (you)

I should practice harder on youre mum if u know what I mean rofl

#rekt

#icyhot

#burNED

#NoFear

#YOLO

#/g/amingbros
>>
File: 1460469862203.png (151 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1460469862203.png
151 KB, 1680x1050
>>54283800
>Hardcore Gamer
>>
Don't feed the cancerous bait, no one is this stupid accidentally.
>>
>>54283838

>feed the bait

ah man newfags are so funny when they mix buzzwords
>>
>>54283667
>half of the threads on thsi board are about gaming
Let's take a look at the first couple screenfulls of the catalog and see how many are gaming related.

Hmm. Half. Yeah.

Maybe it's you who should fuck off.
>>
Is this bait for people who know it's bait? Have we just experienced a whole new paradigm of bait?
>>
>>54283747
>the only relevant way to assess CPU perfomance are gaming benchmarks.
No. Traditional benchmarks like Linpack and Prime95 give a far better measure, as do Javascript, Photoshop and file compress benckmarks.
>>
>>54283903

ummm I disagree

Apps are pretty much gaming

Desktop threads are like gaming foreplay

mechanical keyboards are only relevant cause' gaming

that decent buy was for a gaming rig

w10 is gaming

smartphones are mostly portable gaming machines

CRTs are popular again for high freq gaming

/sqt/ has mostly gaming related questions

now fuck off nerd....
>>
>>54283903
>he actually took the time to create an image to respond to obvious bait
ummmm jesus christ anon
>>
>>54283903

wow, just wow
>>
>>54283948
>Apps are pretty much gaming
Along with checking email, playing music, watching videos, storing files, and pretty much everything else.

>Desktop threads are like gaming foreplay
There's far more in them related to watching anime, judging from the content of the desktops. I see VERY few gaming themed desktops there. It's mostly Linux with i3 WM, so there's not going to be that much games either.

>mechanical keyboards are only relevant cause' gaming
Along with programming and everything else that involves a lot of typing. Actually rubber dome is better than a lot of mechanical for gaming since it gives a quicker response from when you begin to press and when the keystroke registers.

>that decent buy was for a gaming rig
>24 GB RAM >gaming
Right, because new games don't run well on a mere 16.
But okay yeah I fucked up putting an X on that one.

>w10 is gaming
Along with everything else, again.

>smartphones are mostly portable gaming machines
Uh, no. 95% of the time you see someone with a smartphone they're either swiping through photos or scrolling Facebook.

>CRTs are popular again for high freq gaming
Along with watching movies and anime, video work, photo editing, etc. because they kill most LCDs on color accuracy.

>/sqt/ has mostly gaming related questions
I lurk those and they're mostly not.
>>
>>54284060

nice strawman fagggot everyone knows this is the /g/aming board
>>
>>54283270

You buy AMD and stop drinking Nvidia's diarrhea they call marketing, that's what you do.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.