[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Those of you who "upgraded" from a moto /g/, do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4
Those of you who "upgraded" from a moto /g/, do you regret it?
>>
What meme did you fall for in the smartphone arena?
>>
>>54282961
I bought a blu life one x and it got shit reception so I just got a z5 compact
>>
>>54282754
So far, no.
>>
>>54282754
Nexus 6, and kinda...
>>
the only meme phone I would consider upgrading to from my moto g is one of the ones from the chink general.
>>
>>54283023
Elaborate
>>
>>54283019
I detect buyers remorse, kek

"Why'd I spend all that cash on this phone that is only marginally better than my old moto /g/"

-you, laying in bed at night
>>
>tfw still on my moto /g/ 4g

damn it feels good. mostly use it for muh podcasts and it works great for that, see no reason to upgrade yet.

if i do, i'll probably get a chink phone that works with my provider, and that can have the bootloader unlocked
>>
>>54282754
I see no reason to upgrade from it other than:
>cant play high bitrate 1080p@60FPS
>always only 2GB free space because 8GB version
>>
>>54282754
I never had one. Although I did just recently get on the Motorola train. Got me a Moto X Pure from my buddy for $200. Black and grey with textured backing. Spent an extra $30 on a 128gb MicroSD and zero regrets. Great phone.
>>
>>54282754
Considering buying one of these refurbished for basically nothing
How's the durability on them?
>>
>>54285503
Not OP, I'm a grill btw ( . ) ( . )

I've had my Moto G for about 2 years now, and it's still holding up. All I have protecting it is the official grip shell, and a screen protector. I've dropped this in the tile in my house, from my front shirt pocket onto concrete, and dropped it on an escalator. I've used it in the rain. Still going on, like a tank.
>>
>>54285723
Thanks for the information, definitely getting one over another Moto E now

I barely dropped a Moto E a few feet onto a soft tile floor after a few weeks of having it, and that severely cracked the screen, which a screen protector on it that remained unscathed. I could have been more forgiving if it was concrete or something, but that was not a severe drop. If I were to get another Moto E, I would get a stupid thick case for it.
>>
>>54285503
I've had mine for 2 years also, and it's starting to play up. The headphone jack is fucked and it thinks it's plugged in when it's not, and sometimes my alarm just doesn't even go off, or is randomly so quiet or distorted I can barely hear it, only the vibration wakes me up. Other than that it's a solid workhorse that has been dropped on concrete countless times and still hasn't cracked the screen.
>>
>>54284260
>tfw no microsd because Boos Mobile version
Towarde the end i started carrying around a OTG cable and a 16gb flash drive just so i could offload shit because i would download a lot of shit with Clover. Now it sits on a shelf because cyanogenmod bootlooped it and i dont care enough to fix it.
>>
I'm crying since I bricked it. Would buy again, maybe the 4g version. Only downside is mic volume while recording audio messages. If it's resolved on moto g3 I'll consider buying it
>>
I swapped it for an LG G2.

I do regret it ;-;
>>
>>54282754
No, I appreciate the Moto G during its time but the screen was too small for to comfortably type on and the screen became very pinkish overtime. Solid phone though, unfortunately I had the Boost Mobile version without SD card support and no 3G.

But man a lot of people even to this day.. I think 2.5 years since release are still using the phone I kid you not. Im an agent and I have three customers who are still using their Moto G's (1st gen) simply because if meets their needs.
>>
upgraded to a Oneplus One two years ago
just updated to CyanogenOS 13 (marshmallow) today

very comfy phone, hope to never change phones agian
glad i got rid of my moto meme
>>
>>54286118
Funny thing is, I bought an LG G2 as an upgrade, and hated it but the screen was half dead so I managed to get a full refund in the end
>>
Haven't upgraded from my moto g LTE yet. I feel like this phone is invincible, I've dropped it down the stairs and there wasn't one bit of damage.
>>
>>54282754
Next phone will definitely a chink one like Xiaomi Mi5. After I had both LG, HTC and Sony, and my friends have a love-hate relationship with the Samsung flagships I will get something new.
>>
>>54286335
I dropped mine and got the screen replaced at a dodgy phone shop where I live. Works fine, but he didn't align the proximity sensor properly, and I can't be arsed opening it up.
>>
I upgraded to a Note 4, so far im happy but i do miss my moto /g/ sometimes
>>
>>54282754
I upgraded to a Moto G 3rd gen, OP.
>>
I still have it, thinking about getting an LG V10 as my next phone, is it worth it?
>>
>>54282754
It still works great and battery life is amazing on CM 12.1. Why would I "upgrade" it? It's a phone not a work computer.
>>
Still rocking my 2014 Moto /g/

I do want to get an iPhone SE though, I've been using android since 2011 and Google's obsession with my personal info and targeted ads is kinda starting to put me off.
>>
>>54287321
The Apple iPhone 6S Plus is a far superior choice.
>>
>>54284260

How do you determine whether a certain movie file can be played at 60fps?
>>
>>54284322
What a deal. I personally have a Moto G3 and love this thing. After always owning low end LG's this thing is great.
>>
File: EvenSpotlessKestrel.webm (995 KB, 1280x714) Image search: [Google]
EvenSpotlessKestrel.webm
995 KB, 1280x714
>>54282961
Hisense 610, both were 720p and the same price and since I didn't really need the extra processing power so I went for the rugged option
>>
>>54283023
What was your moto before that?
>>
Besides the awful camera, is there any real reason to upgrade from the lte?
>>
Upgraded to the moto x (2nd gen) zero complaints
>>
>>54285996
Just get the official Bump Grip shell
>>
>>54286759
Opinions so far? Is mic's volume in telegram and whatsapp finally decent? How's the camera?
>>
Well, my thoughts and criticisms of the /g/ meme? (My model anyway, notsure which one it be)

>Pretty awful camera
>No expandable memory
>Touchscreen hates the slightest impurity on your finger, be it grease or water, it will be off by 1/2 cm

Yeah, I wouldn't mind an upgrade to something better, primarily need the expandable memory (or large amount of memory) and camera. 32gb will do well for all the photos, music, and few apps.
>>
>>54285723
no one believes you or care actually unless... tits or gtfo
>>
I upgraded from moto g 4g to redmi note 3

I am extremely satisfied. After android 5.1 update my moto was getting leggy and slow.

Now after using the 5.5 inch screen for a while I couldn't possibly go back to the tiny screen. Finally I can type properly in portrait mode without misspelling half the words.

Battery lasts literally 2x longer.

Just one small issue - signal is just slightly worse in redmi note 3.

Workimg in a concrete building with thick walls and ceiling it has quite a few more spots with shitty reception.

Other than that, moto g is dead for me
>>
>>54286014
>it's starting to play up
>dropped on concrete countless times
Found your problem, anon.
>>
>>54282754
Nope, bigger screen, moar ram, dual sim
>>
>>54282754
My gf "upgraded" from the Moto /g/ boost version to an LG Volt 2, biggest mistake she's made other than the fact that the LG gets LTE, slightly bigger screen, expandable storage, and removable battery, I asked her if she thought she made a good purchase and she honestly said no
>>
>>54282961
I fell for the 8GB storage meme
>>
I had a first gen Moto G for about a year. Storage and RAM were so low, eventually I got a used LG G2 last fall.

Was super happy with it until the screen got a dead zone last month. Replaced with a used GS4 but the call audio didn't work. Replaced with a BLU Life One X and it had a dead zone just like the G2.

Finally just got a new Moto G 3rd gen with 2gb RAM and a 32gb SD card. Loving it. Fuck used phones I guess.
>>
>>54290821
>mad about used phones
>bought 3 year old models expecting them to work perfectly

It's your fault for trying to buy phones from 2013, you should have bought used from 2015
>>
I'm using a moto g3 and loving it. I don't understand what people are paying 3x the price with other phones for but whatever normies will be normies.
>>
>>54290907
Nah I'm not mad, it's just I had a good run of used phones in the past and then I had so many problems so quickly.

What used 2015 phone would have been ideal anyway? Stuff like the G4 and GS6 are expensive enough used I'd rather buy a new Moto G for less.
>>
I'm still using my original Moto G, too bad the battery is starting to shit the bed
;_;
>>
>>54283889
I used the damn thing for 2 years, 16gb version.

No sd support, small as shit, 720p screen, terrible camera, no hardware controls.

Fucking piece of trash.

I will never regret getting my zenphone 2.

I love shilling for asus.

But in reality why the fuck would you keep using a 3 fucking year old sub par phone?
>>
>>54291064
Well my anecdote is I bought my ZF2 preloaded with CM12.1 through Swappa and have had literally no problems, especially after upgrading to CM13 Nightlies, but my point is that there are great phones that are newer for a better price like the Idol 3
>>
File: Motorola_RAZR_V3.jpg (59 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Motorola_RAZR_V3.jpg
59 KB, 533x800
>>54282754
Yes, I regret upgrading from this superior design.
>>
>>54282754
Nope, it was a really old phone.
>>
>>54290430
Surprisingly to me I found the phone to test in the last place you could think it will be, in an Auchan. I was skeptic about chink shit at first but damn that phone looks good. Full Metal, awesome screen, not too big and fingerprint reader. The only problem is the camera (no OIS and the quality isn't top tier). But for that price you can't complain.
>>
>>54291018
how is that inferior battery life and ram capacity holding up?
>>
>>54282754
fuck yes. I tried everything (other motorola, samshit, sony, even some alcatel shit) and the moto g 1st gen was the best one for a while. I have a LG /g/2 now, only one that's actually superior.

Motorola went retarded after the 1st gen moto G, everything else in the cheapo market they have offered has sucked balls
>>
>>54291522
2 GB Ram is fucking plenty if you don't have a touchjizz or nonSense phone
>>
File: reading_undertale_fanfiction.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
reading_undertale_fanfiction.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>>54287720
the fuck is going on in that clip?
>>
my moto e must be the exeption to the rule. i dropped this tank on tile and concrete several times. while only scuffing the back. i don't have any protection on it.
>>
>>54282754
Currently hoping to get a Note 4 because I really need the stylus

However I still have the 2013 version with CM13 flashed, such a great phone
No need for covers even, the only problem is the lack of removable storage.
>>
>>54292855
yes but not for long
>>
>>54287631
Because it would play smoothly and wouldn't freeze.
Moto g cant play high bitrate 1080p videos at 60FPS.

Its either 1080p@60FPS in low bitrate or 1080@30FPS in high bitrate.
>>
I usrd the moto g 1st gen for about a year. The I got a used s3. So far the s3 is good. But their is so many complaints with the moto g that thw s3 fixes.
>>
>>54283831
Upgraded to a Note 5. It's nice and all but not for how much i spent.
>>
>>54288158
Nothing. Nexus 6 is pretty good.
>>
I will use my Moto G for another 2 years at least, or until it breaks.
Why would you need more than 720p on a phone?
>>
>>54295419
Well, it's not like movies come in 60FPS. And there's no point in watching FHD video in a 720p screen.
>>
>>54297537
More and more TV shows air with 60 FPS.

Adam Ruins Everything
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver
Real Time With Bill Maher
Stephen Colbert
>>
I wanted a moto g but ended up getting an s4
>>
>>54283055
That's what I did. Moved from 2015 Moto G (1gb sprint version for VM) to a Huawei Honor 5X on Sraight Talk. Not missing the Moto G one bit.
>>
Would a Moto X 2nd gen be a good upgrade?
>>
>>54299861
Does the Honor have LTE?
>>
do you think the price for moto g3 will drop since moto g 2016 is coming out?
>>
>>54282754
Bought a Oneplus X. Not a single regret.
>>
>>54282754
Went from 1st gen Moto G to Moto e 2015.
The screen resolution was what annoyed me most. But I got used to it
The microSD slot is a nice addition.
And LTE, though my current plan doesn't support it

All in all, I'm pretty help
>>
>>54285723
>femanon
>shirtpocket

Pick one
>>
>>54302891
I don't understand.

Isn't that a downgrade?
>>
>>54302651
>that shitty battery
You just don't know any better.
>>
I still have a Moto /g/ 1st gen and it still works perfectly on CM12.1.

There's no reason to get a better phone unless this one breaks. I'll probably get the new Moto /g/ or a Zenfone 3 next time.
>>
>>54286014
>The headphone jack is fucked and it thinks it's plugged in when it's not, and sometimes my alarm just doesn't even go off, or is randomly so quiet or distorted I can barely hear it
>has been dropped on concrete countless times and still hasn't cracked the screen.

Gee....I wonder if the two are related!
>>
Moto /g/ 1st gen here on CM. It still works as well as the day I bought it and I won't get another phone unless this one breaks and I can get a new phone as good as the /g/ for $200
>>
>>54291109
>I'm still using my original Moto G, too bad the battery is starting to shit the bed

Upgrade to stable CM
>>
>>54291109
>falling for the non-removable battery meme
>>
>>54295419
>Moto g cant play high bitrate 1080p videos at 60FPS.

Why would you expect 60FPS to play on a phone that cheap? Most people will never play 60fps video on it.
>>
>>54300511
>Would a Moto X 2nd gen be a good upgrade?

Just wait for the Zenfone 3
>>
>>54303034
Well yes, but it was worth it
>>
>>54303273

yessss. i have a zenfone 2 and it is honestly the best phone I have ever owned
>>
I have a moto E now. To me it feels the same. I just need the unlocked quad-band so I can pop a new sim card from a new country in it. I travel a lot and it's a great phone.

Dropping phones? I'm not a child any more so I can hold a phone without dropping it.
>>
>Galaxy S2
>no sense to upgrade

:^)
>>
>>54285996
>1st gen moto g
>otter box commuter case
>leave house
>be getting high while riding in car
>drive for 10 minutes
>hear something slam onto the roof/trunk of car
>barely catch glimpse of it
>wtf was that dude, did a bird just divebomb the car
>fuck it
>an hour passes
>where the fuck is my phone
>ah fuck, man. that wasn't a bird, it was my phone
>gps locate
>partially submerged in water in a ditch along the roadside, about 200ft from where it fell off the roof
>case isn't even scratched and the phone still works like a champ
>leave it on the counter at walmart later that day
>stolen

dont do drugs
>>
>>54304597
Seconded
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.