[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /g/ i was wondering if there is anyway I can use my lg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1457623185464.jpg (65 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
1457623185464.jpg
65 KB, 500x552
sup /g/

i was wondering if there is anyway I can use my lg g2 to control my computer over wifi

i mainly just want to be able to move the mouse and type shit into text fields with my phone

I have consulted google but all i get is a bunch of shit trying to take my hard earned shekels

thanks /g/uys
>>
>>54281986
Wifi mouse from the play store. Download and install the server from their website and install the client on your phone. Although there is no encryption of the data, so id only advise if its your own network.
>>
yea its just my wifi at my apartment

ive lived here for 8 years and literally no one has stepped foot in here but me for 8 years with the exception of he maintenance guy about 5 years ago.

I typically try and fix everything myself even if it has to come out of my own pocket, so that i can avoid other people coming in,

I have probably spent at least 400 dollars on repairs that my leasing company should be contractually paying to fix.

thanks for the suggestion by the way my friend
>>
well shit i cant get it to work

installed on comp and ran as admin

but it cant connect from my phone when i put in IP
>>
i even tried turning off my firewall still wont connect

wtf
>>
Using a websocket connection on both sides you could write a c# program to receive the websocket data and move the mouse. I did it once with two computers and it worked pretty well.
>>
>>54282611

i have no idea how the fuck to do that dude, im not that tech literate

just wish i could get this wifmouse app to work

i thought i followed the setup bit by bit not sure why it wont connect
>>
>>54282549
make sure your phone is connected to wifi, Iv done that a few times. You should see the mouse server in the bottom tray, click it and it will tell you the ip address. Try manually add it on the wifi mouse app on your phone.
>>
yea i tried manually connecting to the one listed when hovering in system tray.

i even tried turning off my windows firewall completely still wont connect

i ran it as admin on computer and have app on phone with wifi enabled
>>
reset my router also - not that that will help
>>
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 102x102) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 102x102
>>54282859
http://wifimouse.necta.us/
This is the site you got it from? and this is the app?
>>
>>54282896
>http://wifimouse.necta.us/

yep
>>
>>54282902
Okay so i looked it up, your router may be configured to Isolation mode. This is like guest mode where two devices cant connect. Do you know how to find your attached devices to your router?
>>
>>54282932

what do you mean by attached devices?
>>
>>54283027
Okay so Im assuming you have your phone and your computer attached to your wifi.
Do you have any other devices using your wifi?
>>
>>54283047

nope. just my laptop and phone.

and the bigger issue is i cant even login to my router (netgear) i looked up in ipconfig and its 192.168.1.1 and when i go to that in my browser i get page cant be displayed :/
>>
>>54283081
Before you try to do that. do a ping on 192.168.1.1 make sure you get a reply. Either your computer will be 192.168.1.2 and phone will be 192.168.1.3 or vice versa. Make sure from your PC you can ping all these addresses.
Also make sure you have disabled your firewall for your network type. Firewall has three types. Private network, Public network and domain network. Disable all three.
>>
disabled all my firewalls and i can only get response from pinging 192.168.1.2
>>
>>54283081
also with all my netgear experiences normally the ip address is on the 192.168.0.1 subnet by default
>>
>>54283161

tried 192.168.0.1 earlier and got page cant be displayed

wtf why cant login to my router
>>
>>54283159
Okay, that means you cannot ping your router which I have no idea how you're using the internet now. are you sure you're not connected to the guest wifi. Try reboot again and get into your router logon page. What is the model of your router?
>>
>>54283195
netgear. and ive rebooted thrice now

heres the thing though my internal wifi chip in laptop doesnt work so im using a USB wifi dongle, none of my usb ports work on my PC work so im running my mouse/external keyboard/wifi usb stick on a USB dongle all going through my display port ......
>>
but still im on the internet now (i know im on my router i see im connected to my wifi name and when i power cycle router i cant use internet)

so if im able to use internet through router i should be able to ping it/login

doesnt make any sense
>>
>>54283254
try use the dns address. www.routerlogin.com
>>
>>54283278
>www.routerlogin.com

tried that page times out
>>
>>54283228
sounds like the PC is fucked if the USB ports dont work. Have you got the correct drivers installed?
>>
>>54283297
Do you remember your username and password your ISP gave you. If so i recommend doing a factory default restore
>>
>>54283299

yea trust me i spent months trying to troubleshoot my damn USB ports reinstalled millions of drivers

think they are just jacked up
>>
meh im giving up on this guys

i think it just my shit PC, literally found it laying on the side of the road. love being poor.

thanks for all the help guys
>>
>>54283343
Its not the PC, its your router.
>>
>>54283366

nah, now that i am remembering, when i setup this network a year ago i had to borrow my brothers PC to hardwire to setup the network

so i dont think i was ever able to connect to the router from this PC
>>
>>54283390
Thats really odd.
>>
File: shitsetup3.png (742 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
shitsetup3.png
742 KB, 612x816
this is what im talking about

USB dongle going through displayport propped up with a taperoll so the connection stays solid
>>
>>54281986
teamviewer
>>
>>54283343
Don't forget to turn your firewall back on now that you installed malware to send off your IP. (just kidding.. but still)
>>
>>54281986
Chrome Remote Desktop if you're a casual and use Chrome
>>
>>54283504

i did - thanks
>>
>>54283473
you could use VNC, but your router issue may block that aswell
>>
i just need a new damn laptop

everytime i think ive saved enough BAM car insurance/rent/loans/life

one of these days....
>>
>>54283473

Ayyyyyyyyyyylmao
>>
KDE Connect. If u use the Plasma Desktop
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.