[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which vpn do you use? Which is best ? Need to buy one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: f her right in the p.jpg (11 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
f her right in the p.jpg
11 KB, 300x212
Which vpn do you use? Which is best ? Need to buy one.
>>
Private Internet Access
>>
>>54275684
good goy
>>
>>54275665
National Security Agency's XKeyscore system can collect just about everything that happens online, even things encrypted by VPNs, according to Edward Snowden.
>>
>>54275684
hows the speed? reliable? any cons?
>>
Best free VPN service? Hotspot any good?
>>
>>54275808
that and spotflux is garbage
most of the free ones are slow as fuck
>>
anymore suggestions?
>>
>>54275717
>XKeyscore
VPNs are just for torrents you fool, we aren't Soviet spies
>>
>>54275808
Free VPN services can only be worthless.
>>
>>54275665
Psiphon
>>
>>54277534
any complaints?
>>
>>54277618
Ads on free version. I use it on Android btw.
>>
PIA, cheapest and most reliable one I've ever used. Only pay 35 bucks a year.

I got it after comcast sent me a letter about a torrent. Haven't heard from them since. I'm not in Guantanamo bay yet for the TBs of stuff that I download so they must be doing something right.
>>
>>54275808
Betternet!
free for your phones too
>>
>>54275808
Betternet is decent.
Allows p2p, no ads
But it's a little slow.
>>
File: QTUfG4E[1].png (287 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
QTUfG4E[1].png
287 KB, 480x360
openvpn
>>
>>54278778
wait how does vaping create energy
>>
Hexatech vpn
>>
>>54278809
it doesn't, lol
>>
>>54278945
That's what I thought
>>
>>54277482
I don't know about that but my free Hotspot Shield connection is pretty fast...
>>
>>54278058
Hahah same here. Not only did they send me a letter about a torrent, but they completely disconnected my internet service.

I called them and here is how it went:

>hello my internet seems to be disconnected
>ISP: that is correct, it says here you have been temporarily disconnected
>why?
>ISP: we have received a subpoena
>ISP: it seems someone on your network has download a file named
>ISP: "brazzers; mia malkova: yoga lessons"
>hmm that's weird, can you get my internet back on?
>ISP: well yes, but first I would change the password and check every single device for the file that I mentioned
>ok ill change my password, it was probably my neighbors or something
>ISP: yes, and if you do find the file named, please delete it immediately
>ISP: also delete any filesharing program is there are any installed on any devices in your home
>will do, thanks
>internet is back on thanks again
>>
>>54278058
Which country do you usually have your settings on when you torrent, btw?
>>
have a 3000 day Freedome license which I got through a trick for free
it has a solid choise of countrys, but p2p is blocked so it's probably useless for most here
>>
>>54275665
I used airvpn some years

I do wonder if their "italian hacktivists" is a GCHQ front, but whatever

if you read their forums they seem to know what they are doing, at least.
>>
>>54279077
Usually australia or some european country. The server location never seems to matter though, downloads are always 1-2mb/s depending on amount of seeders. home isp is capped at 2mb/s btw.
>>
>>54279048
Your isp is chill as fuck, dam. With all the stupid piracy laws in burgerland most isp would have sold you to the feds by now.
>>
>>54279223
Nah, those ARE the piracy laws.
Since they keep getting beaten in court, they have resorted to the 3 strike thing.

Sending someone a letter, and then shutting their internet down can be a pretty scary experience if you only casually download a movie or two.

It probably stops more piracy than you think, because they arent taking those people to court regardless. You dont get sued for downloading and seeding 4-5 movies a year, they just browbeat your through the ISP with letters
>>
ExpressVPN
>>
>>54275665
CyberGhost, it's alright, wasn't always, but now it's working good. Only use it to torrent though. Speed is good.

Other than that there's not much you can say about a vpn quality wise. You either trust them without good reason or you don't.
>>
Built in WIndows vpn
>>
PIA seems to be good. No SWAT team at my house yet for downloading chinese cartoons.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.